PDA

View Full Version : Missing for three weeks

bte
November 18th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Hi all!

Well, I've been missing for three weeks, two of which I spent in hospital, not somewhere you want to be. My kidney dialysis hasn't been working well and I a gong to convert to haemodialysis. Hair wise, i managed to tie a braid every day, although I did end up with a tangle when I came out of hospital, and my sister in law (not a long hair fan) kindly untangled it for me. Still feeling a bit weak, but happy with my hair. I had an outpatient appointment and went into the hospital on the medibus which transports patients from our area. One of the other passengers spent the entire journey enthusing about my braid, which was encouraging.

Hope you are all keeping well, and I hope to be moe active from now on.

Night_Kitten
November 18th, 2015, 03:32 AM
Oh wow, sorry to hear you had to spend 2 weeks in the hospital, certainly not a nice experience...
Hope the new treatment works and you don't have to stay in hospital again anytime soon :)

embee
November 18th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Hope your new treatment is all that you desire. Hospital stays can be horrible, and the help doesn't have time to fool with things like our hair. Been there done that, what a mess (long ago).

vpatt
November 18th, 2015, 07:14 AM
I'm sorry for your illness, I hope the future is brighter. ((((Hugs))))

lapushka
November 18th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Good luck with the treatment! :) :flower:

Amapola
November 18th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Yikes, I'm sorry you've been in the hospital! :shocked: Here is hoping the new treatment works well for you and things get better. That is great you were able to do your braid each day. I'm sure that helped with your attitude, to be able to do that at least, and to be able to still keep working on your hair. Best wishes for smooth medical sailing! :blossom:

pailin
November 18th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Oh, I'm so glad to hear you're out again from the hospital. Hope you continue to feel better,and that the changes in dialysis work out well- that must be a big deal.

restless
November 18th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Im sorry to hear youve been hospitalized. Hope the new treatment will work well for you and that youŽll feel better very soon :blossom:

(Im sure the braid was awesome :) )

Anje
November 18th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear that you were so unwell and that your old form of dialysis wasn't working. I hope hemodialysis does the trick! Also glad your hair came through it doing well. :)

jel
November 18th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Sorry to hear you had to spend time in hospital, hope the new method of dialysis works better! Glad you're happy with your hair :) Take care and hope you get back your strength very soon!

bte
November 19th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Thank you all for your good wishes. I already feel a bit stronger. Fistula started yesterday, so 6 weeks to wait for it to mature.

Yes, wearing the braid throughout was a source of strength and determination for me. Good luck to you all and happy hair days!

Sweets
November 19th, 2015, 02:18 AM
Bte, I'm so glad that you are out of the hospital and have another treatment option. I hope it works well for you, and you health continues to improve. I'm sending you good thoughts and fairy dust into the universe! Keep your determination up!

Groovy Granny
November 19th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Oh my goodness ~ so sorry to hear that bte :(
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for your strength, hope, comfort, and healing :pray:

Christine_O
November 19th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Hi bte, I don't think we've been introduced. I'm so sorry you've been ill. I'm glad you found strength in your braid. :grouphug:

bte
November 19th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Hello all, and thanks for your kind words. Good to have the support of a genuine 60s hippie, GG - you can always put your trust in the 60s! and Christine O, thanks for your support, even though we haven't been introduced!

Groovy Granny
November 19th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Hello all, and thanks for your kind words. Good to have the support of a genuine 60s hippie, GG - you can always put your trust in the 60s!

LOL You betcha...and happy you got to sport a braid :thumbsup:

Alun
November 19th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Wish I had braided my hair when I went into hospital for a week one year ago. They put IVs in both arms and I actually lost some length because I couldn't comb it solely for that reason. I don't think it's all grown back yet.

Anyway, let's hope your dialysis problems are resolved.

My problem was heart fibrillation. I am now on tons and tons of pills.

EdG
November 19th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Welcome back, bte! :)
Ed

bte
November 20th, 2015, 02:55 AM
Wish I had braided my hair when I went into hospital for a week one year ago. They put IVs in both arms and I actually lost some length because I couldn't comb it solely for that reason. I don't think it's all grown back yet.

Hope the pills are working! It's no fun getting older.

Groovy Granny
November 20th, 2015, 07:16 AM

Hope the pills are working! It's no fun getting older.

It sure isn't fun at times :nono:

Wishing you well also Alun

Here's to better health for us all in 2016 :cheer:

bte
November 21st, 2015, 05:45 AM
Here's to better health for us all in 2016 :cheer:

Better health and better hair for all in 2016!!

Groovy Granny
November 21st, 2015, 11:53 AM
Better health and better hair for all in 2016!!

Oh :agree: hair too lol :thumbsup:

Agnes Hannah
November 21st, 2015, 12:13 PM
I spent nine days in hospital after my first son was born, it was horrible and I had post natal depression afterwards. My hair was short then too so nothing to braid or brush. Glad Alun and bte, you both are out and about again, good luck with your meds. Age sucks I know, I pump myself full of pills everyday too, Metformin for Diabetes. Euk! Still, I have my hair to cheer me up!

Silverbrumby
November 21st, 2015, 09:54 PM
I'm glad up kept your braid and I'm so glad you are out of hospital. Best wishes coming your way.

ChloeDharma
November 22nd, 2015, 12:07 AM
I really am so sorry to hear you've been unwell bte! :flower: I will be rooting for you and hope the new treatment goes well! xxx

Beatnik Guy
November 22nd, 2015, 07:04 AM
Glad that you are doing better, bte!

DreamSheep
November 22nd, 2015, 09:35 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this bte - I hope things get better soon and that the new treatment is effective!
(and eek, on top of everything, fistulas are no fun!)

meteor
November 22nd, 2015, 02:37 PM
So happy you are back from the hospital stay and doing better, bte! :D :blossom: I really hope the new treatment will be 100% effective! :pray:

And yay for the kind sister in law for detangling your hair! :thumbsup: