PDA

View Full Version : Manic Panic conditioning effect

Nido
November 16th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Hello everyone,

I have used manic panic twice on my henna hair. Yes it bleeds a lot and fades fast but I love the conditioning it does to my hair. My hairs are not damage, but they are very thick and a bit pokey. I use conditioners and some times deep conditioners but nothing matches what manic panic does to my hair. It gets so soft and conditioned.

Does any one know how to get same kind of softness and conditioning without actually using manic panic and dealing with all the color bleed and stains?

Nido

Nadine <3
November 16th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Following! I just said to my mom, I wash they sold some without pigment and in bottles. I'd stock up on that stuff!

missrandie
November 16th, 2015, 05:13 PM
I was just looking at manic panic for another thread... I think they do!! Let me look again. Will edit in.

ETA: I betcha if you used this all by its lonesome it would work! Clicky here! (https://www.manicpanic.com/manic-mixer-pastelizer-classic-cream-formula):magic:

Arctic
November 16th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Are you sure it's not the clarifying shampoo you (hopefully) use before Manic Panic? Pokey ends sound like you might have build-up issues (or protein overload).

MP has at least the product that is meant to dilute brighter colours. It looks white, but I'm quite sure it wouldn't have any effect on dark hair used on it's own.

Nadine <3
November 16th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I was just looking at manic panic for another thread... I think they do!! Let me look again. Will edit in.

ETA: I betcha if you used this all by its lonesome it would work! Clicky here! (https://www.manicpanic.com/manic-mixer-pastelizer-classic-cream-formula):magic:

Oh wow, you're a genius! Thank you! A little bit expensive to use as my main conditioner, but potentially really awesome as a one in a while treatment!

Although, I do have to wonder if my hair was super soft from the manic panic itself, or the fact that it was left on and kept warm for 4 hours.:hmm:

dancingfrog
November 16th, 2015, 07:46 PM
I actually have tried this! I didn't get the same softness with the pastelizer as with the coloured Manic Panic. However, this was before I started hanging out at LHC and learning more about how to care for my hair. I am willing to try again and report back! Just don't hold your breath, it's not easy to find here (maybe I will get lucky at Sally's?). I am travelling to the US in a few weeks and I can pick some up there.