PDA

View Full Version : Today is my 2 month ‘no heat or bleach’ marker!

Idreamlong
November 16th, 2015, 02:53 AM
As title, after about 10 years of everyday heat styling and constant bleaching, today is 2 months since I heat styled and bleached my hair.

The ends have been moisturised every day and the damage cut out. I still have damage on my bleached layers but they are slowly looking better. My hair is so much softer and silkier, curls are more defined etc.

I haven’t measured growth and have decided not to until the end of January. By then it will be 4 months of my new regime and I am hoping to then notice more growth than if I was measuring every month.

I’ve made the decision to get a few streaks of low lights put in the top, bleached layer of my hair next week to soften the growing out process and stop me looking ‘trashy’ when I have 6 months’ worth of root growth!

So yes, just to say I’m still here and lurking most days. I really, really hope to be at APL by January. I’m planning on just S&D and microtrimming unless my hair starts to show a lot of damage. :poot:

pailin
November 16th, 2015, 03:05 AM
Congratulations! Milestones can be helpful when you have a long term goal. Sounds like you've been taking great steps in making changes to your routine. It's hard to do when it's such a long term habit. And I think it's wise not to measure too often. Maybe take some new pictures every few months when you measure too, so you have something to look back at and know you're making progress. I think there's a quarterly length thread around here somewhere - you might want to check that out.

Lancy
November 16th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Congrats! :) Even I'm planning to measure my hair on January!

lapushka
November 16th, 2015, 04:18 AM
Congrats! :D I doubt you can see much improvement in your overall length though :), it will thank you for no heat but there is still damage in those sections, just so you know (don't be fooled). Only your new, virgin, growth will be totally *clear*.

bunneh.
November 16th, 2015, 04:35 AM
Whoo, congratz! :D Keep up the great work. :)

Alien Girl
November 16th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Hi! I hope to be APL around JAN as well! I was APL 2-3 months ago but trimmed off 2 inches for no reason at all...
You can see my hair is super damaged by my avi :P I went blue but had to go white in order to do that.. I don't know why I do that to myself honestly, it destroys my hair :rolling:

I've been a few months bleach free and generally never heat my hair.

Right now I have henna/indigo in my hair (hence the brown color in my siggy) and my roots are very black and about 2 inches grown so far.

So you just plan on very light bleaching to blend your roots now :) ?

Horrorpops
November 16th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Congrats! The first 6 months without bleach were definitely the worst for me :) It sounds like your hair is making great progress!!

Idreamlong
November 16th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Hi Alien Girl,

Yes, I plan to get some sort of low lights (need to have a discussion with hairdresser re chemicals as I don’t want bleach (though I don’t think they use bleach for darkening!) or anything that’s going to cause too much damage to my hair! I then plan to leave it to just grow out for about 6 months and then, if needed, low light again and then that should be it, I should be able to go 100% no dye, virgin, natural from then on!

Not looking forward to it, I definitely look better with highlights but my hair naturally lightens in the summer anyway so we’ll see!

syndel
November 16th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Congratulations! I have no experience with bleach but quitting heat was the best decision I ever made for my hair. :) Keep at it!