PDA

View Full Version : Starting over

ahall83
November 11th, 2015, 03:54 AM
Hello all. I used to have waist length thick slightly wavy hair. Well back in April I split with my fiance and my emotions got the best of me and I cut it to shorter than chin length with an under cut (he loved my long hair). Ever since then I've been trying to grow out the undercut to the same length as the over all length so I can get back to growing it out. Well after a cut last week I've accomplished that. Although I'm just a bit longer than chin length again.

I'm trying to get back in the habit of course washing and oiling my hair again. Also doing smts. In the time since April I went a little nuts with hilights and dye so the condition is crap. It is not long enough to do any sort of bun,braid or even ponytail. And tends to be a big fuzzy mess unless I straighten it. It also has layers cut into it to help with the poof but doesn't help enough for my liking. Any ideas?

Here's what I use: I co wash with sauve everlasting sunshine. I oil with coconut oil. To be honest I do not remember what conditioners I used in my smt. I use milk shake leave in conditioner and when I straighten (which I rarely do) I use sexy hair 450 blow out protectant spray.

lapushka
November 11th, 2015, 04:26 AM
I think maybe join the bleach grow out thread on here, for one. Then the chin to shoulder thread. You'll find a lot of support there and that is important.

Your routine seems pretty much fine, as long as you can lay off the heat. :)

Good luck, and happy growing!

ahall83
November 11th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Hahaha the heat is the hardest part. Knowing that I can at least make it look good til the next wash is sooooo tempting. But then I remember that it just makes it worse in the long run. Thank you for your suggestions! I will surely look into those threads

Groovy Granny
November 11th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Welcome :)
You'll find the girls that have been in your situation very helpful!
Good luck ~ enjoy the journey:)