PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding NON-LHC group orders

Rae~
March 21st, 2008, 04:45 AM
Hi, I hope it's OK if I ask this here.

If I plan to do an order from somewhere (for argument's sake, let's say Ficcare), and I would like to mention this to others (eg in the Aussies thread) in case they might like to order something at the same time and save on postage, is this OK?

The entire ordering process etc would be conducted off-board (via email) and it would be in no way affiliated with LHC. It would purely be mentioned on the site.

I would appreciate mod guidance on whether this would be acceptable.

Madam Librarian
March 21st, 2008, 06:25 AM
I'm by no means a mod, but GO's are allowed over at The Beauty Bottle. There are a couple in progress right now.

I would assume this would remain true, so long as membership/GO activity doesn't get too out of control and hard to monitor.

Don't take my word though, I'd feel better if you waited on the wisdom of the mods.

Rae~
March 21st, 2008, 06:46 AM
I will wait for a mod to chime in, but thanks for the reminder about The Beauty Bottle - I had forgotten that group orders are OK over there.

Flaxen
March 21st, 2008, 03:50 PM
If you want to email (not PM) other Aussies in the thread to get the ball rolling, that's fine, but mentioning it on the boards is too similar to a GO, and we have eliminated those here. :flower:

Rae~
March 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM
That's fine, Flaxen - I appreciate the clarification.

Many thanks. :flowers:

ETA: Sorry to be a pain... another thought... if I were to start a group order on TBB, am I able to mention that fact in the Aussie thread? Or perhaps in my blog?

Flaxen
March 21st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Oh, you're not a pain! :grouphug: The answer is no, group orders have to remain confined to TBB.

Rae~
March 21st, 2008, 07:12 PM
Gotcha! No mentions of group orders on LHC at all. :)

Again, thanks for the clarification. :flower: