PDA

View Full Version : My hair doesn't grow anymore...

QuirkyCorky
November 9th, 2015, 02:31 AM
..has been my mantra for the past seven years. I thought it was breaking off and thinning out, losing progressively more hair all the time.

For about a week or so, I've been researching how to fix my hair loss naturally, and grow my hair. I found the long hair community recently and joined up. Three days ago, I started my hair journey. I set these goals:

Reduce hair fall
To regrow hair that has thinned and especially bald patches.
To strengthen hair and eliminate breakage.
To grow hair long to tail bone length (it's currently collarbone length).
To find a hair colour that hides greys and that I like, that doesn't damage my hair.
Shiny hair again.
Remove all split ends.
Find hairstyles I like.
Smooth hair and eliminate frizz.

I have 3b curly hair which is very porous.

I felt like my hair was getting quite a bit longer, so today I measured it. I was shocked at how much the tape measure was showing, and thought, well, I got my teen daughter to help me with that the other day, so obviously I've gotten it wrong, so I should get her to do it this time. She measured it, and she kept saying, 'this can't be right, hair does NOT grow that fast in three days!'

My measurements:

Day one unstretched curl: 14.5cm (5'7') Day three unstretched curl: 20cm!! (7'11"?). So, that's 5.5cm growth! (2 and a bit inches?)

Day one stretched curl: 26.5cm (10'4") Day three stretched curl: 33cm! (13") 6.5cm growth (2'5"?)

What I've been doing:
Only finger-combing when wet.
One cup of green tea to drink per day.
Meditate daily for stress.
Isochronic tones for hair growth, 50 minutes played at bedtime.
No shampoo.
Three times so far I've done a black and green tea rinse with a tablespoon of salt. (I only plan to do this thrice weekly)
I did one oil treatment with olive oil on scalp and coconut oil on the hair shaft, I plan to do a treatment weekly.
Inversion method without oil

I must say, I'm gobsmacked! I was only planning to measure on the first of every month, but felt a need to measure simply because I felt as though my hair looked quite a bit longer in the mirror. My daughter who couldn't believe what the tape measure was saying, had to admit my hair does look a lot longer, too. I also worked out, I don't have any breakage, all the short bits of hair up the top of my head are actually new hair that I didn't realise was growing in before I started. I don't have many split ends, and the ones I do are tiny.

Best of all, my hair looks much better, it has shine and is in better condition. I'm sticking with it! I do plan to add other things to the regime down the track, but waiting til I can afford those :D

I had to share, because I truly didn't know/think these sorts of results were possible. My partner went away on a trip two weeks ago, and when he comes back, I wonder if he'll be able to tell the difference?

lapushka
November 9th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Are you measuring correctly? The LHC way of measuring is putting the tape measure at the hairline on your forehead, let the tape measure come up over your head and then measure the length of it - this way you'll *always* have a consistent starting point, and there can be no mistakes.

Anje
November 9th, 2015, 06:54 AM
No doubt different sections of your hair are different lengths. Easiest thing to do is what Lapushka describes: measure from your hairline in front, over the back of your head. Stretching the curls out all the way will make it a lot more consistent, too, since waves and curls vary in length a lot day-to-day.

If I were you, I wouldn't be putting salt on my hair. That's going to dry it out.

Are you moisturizing your hair? Doing anything for the porosity like occasional protein treatments?

restless
November 9th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Im glad to read youre feeling better about your hair already. I dont wanna be that guy and spoil all the fun, but I still have to write two things that come to mind when reading your post:

1. When youre new to this forum/the hair growing journey, its easy to get overwhelmed by all the information and "miracle cures" here and it makes you want to try everything at once. Dont do that. Try one thing at the time and give it at least a week (or more) and then evaluate how it works for you before you try the next thing. Right now it looks like you have like 10 new things going on, so how will you know what works and what doesnt?

2. You need to find out how your body´s doing. You say youve been shedding a lot and have bald patches going on and you need to check that up. Get some bloodwork done before you experiment with a lot of homemade stuff.

lapushka
November 9th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Good advice from restless! Seconding that!

hennalonghair
November 9th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Thirding that info:thumbsup:

Kherome
November 9th, 2015, 09:59 AM
I doubt you've had that growth. You probably didn't measure the same way, and your curl could be slightly more relaxed than the first day of measurement.

Silverbrumby
November 9th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I doubt you've had that growth. You probably didn't measure the same way, and your curl could be slightly more relaxed than the first day of measurement.

Hair doesn't grow that quick. Maybe the extra moisture has helped make it stretch further? You said there was more shine.

QuirkyCorky
November 9th, 2015, 02:33 PM
I have had blood work done and everything came back clear, which was frustrating a

QuirkyCorky
November 9th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Oops! Hit post reply too soon, will fix it later

Aubren
November 9th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Hair doesn't grow that quick. Maybe the extra moisture has helped make it stretch further? You said there was more shine.

Ditto. I'm new too, but goodness if all that worked in three days I think we'd all have floor length hair, lol. I have been lurking here for about two months, and seriously committed to taking care of my hair a month ago. It's growing, it's just "average" growth. What is amazing is how my natural curls are coming back. I also second maybe you shouldn't put salt on your hair.

luxurioushair
November 9th, 2015, 03:04 PM
I think salt absorbs moisture from the air and wherever you put it. Which is why it's great for killing snails and even burns skin when combined with ice. So I agree with those who say the salt might not be a good idea.

QuirkyCorky
November 10th, 2015, 01:27 AM

If extra moisture makes hair look and measure longer, I'll take it! :D

Are you measuring correctly? The LHC way of measuring is putting the tape measure at the hairline on your forehead, let the tape measure come up over your head and then measure the length of it - this way you'll *always* have a consistent starting point, and there can be no mistakes.

My hairline is missing, and my hair too boofy to allow a hairline measurement to be accurate. I do it from the hairline at the nape, which has no bald patches.

No doubt different sections of your hair are different lengths. Easiest thing to do is what Lapushka describes: measure from your hairline in front, over the back of your head. Stretching the curls out all the way will make it a lot more consistent, too, since waves and curls vary in length a lot day-to-day.

If I were you, I wouldn't be putting salt on my hair. That's going to dry it out.

Are you moisturizing your hair? Doing anything for the porosity like occasional protein treatments?

As mentioned in post, I did measurements both stretched and unstretched :) My hair has always thrived in ocean water, so I'm not worried, but it's probably not great for everyone. But if it appears to become a problem, I'd definitely eliminate salt :)

I will be doing a yoghurt mask in the next day or two, and have done an oil treatment on day one as mentioned. :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Im glad to read youre feeling better about your hair already. I dont wanna be that guy and spoil all the fun, but I still have to write two things that come to mind when reading your post:

1. When youre new to this forum/the hair growing journey, its easy to get overwhelmed by all the information and "miracle cures" here and it makes you want to try everything at once. Dont do that. Try one thing at the time and give it at least a week (or more) and then evaluate how it works for you before you try the next thing. Right now it looks like you have like 10 new things going on, so how will you know what works and what doesnt?

2. You need to find out how your body´s doing. You say youve been shedding a lot and have bald patches going on and you need to check that up. Get some bloodwork done before you experiment with a lot of homemade stuff.

I understand what you're saying, and I know my results sound ludicrous, so was expecting 'not possible' answers. I also thought it was wrong, hence why I got my eldest daughter to double check.

I'm not trying everything at once, there's loads of other stuff I want to try yet, lol. I'm doing as much as I can right now, because I have had these problems for about 7 years, and I've had enough, it gets me down and was getting worse, and now I've become desperate.

Because I'm treating different issues, it's easy to assess what works and what doesn't. With both inversion method and isotonic tones, my scalp feels intensely prickly after both, so I at least believe it's stimulating circulation. Some of the stuff I'm happy to keep going with even if it didn't work, because they are healthy things to do, (eg, drink green tea, meditate) and none of the things I'm doing could cause any harm :)

I mentioned in a different thread that I've already had bloodwork done completely and everything's come back clear. And not just once; I've repeatedly had these tests done over the years. I believe my hair loss has been because of stress. My worst hair drop ever was a few months ago, when my partner went on a trip to see his son who is dying of cancer, and we didn't know if it would be the last time he saw him.

He's on a trip now to say goodbye to his son and stay for the funeral. I'm doing everything I possibly can to prevent more hair loss and to provide a very welcome distraction from the stress.

Everything was done exactly the same way. My curls were relaxed before I started my journey and now they are much tighter because the condition is slowly improving :) Also, as mentioned already, I measured it stretched and unstretched, so there's no way the relaxation or tightness of the curl could effect the stretched measurement.

Ditto. I'm new too, but goodness if all that worked in three days I think we'd all have floor length hair, lol. I have been lurking here for about two months, and seriously committed to taking care of my hair a month ago. It's growing, it's just "average" growth. What is amazing is how my natural curls are coming back. I also second maybe you shouldn't put salt on your hair.
Maybe different people respond to different things?

restless
November 10th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Because I'm treating different issues, it's easy to assess what works and what doesn't. With both inversion method and isotonic tones, my scalp feels intensely prickly after both, so I at least believe it's stimulating circulation. Some of the stuff I'm happy to keep going with even if it didn't work, because they are healthy things to do, (eg, drink green tea, meditate) and none of the things I'm doing could cause any harm :)

Youre right, they wont cause any harm :) (although I would be careful with the salt as people here have mentioned, but I know youve replied to that already). Im just thinking this hair routine is supposed to last for a long time, or so I assume since you wrote you want TBL hair. I dont think you´ll be able to keep all this up for years, so its better to start out easy, and especially if youre curious to try even more stuff when you can afford it.

Less is actually more when it comes to haircare, I believe. For example instead of rinsing with black tea, green tea AND salt, why not try just one of them and then add or remove stuff after youve seen how it works/doesnt work. Maybe your hair loves the green tea, but the black tea not so much and thus, the result is so-so. How would you know? The same goes for the oils. Try coconut oil (or whatever you prefer), use it a couple of times and see how your hair feels. Then use next. Then maybe try mixing them. Its all about trial and error. Some peoples hair loves olive oil, but coconut oil makes it crunchy. Other people get great results from coconut oil, but feels all "meh" about olive oil.

I mentioned in a different thread that I've already had bloodwork done completely and everything's come back clear. And not just once; I've repeatedly had these tests done over the years. I believe my hair loss has been because of stress. My worst hair drop ever was a few months ago, when my partner went on a trip to see his son who is dying of cancer, and we didn't know if it would be the last time he saw him.

He's on a trip now to say goodbye to his son and stay for the funeral. I'm doing everything I possibly can to prevent more hair loss and to provide a very welcome distraction from the stress.

I am so, so sorry to read this.

Its good to know the bloodwork came back okay though and I completely understand how the shed could be stress related after reading the last part you wrote to me. I still want to ask if youve seen a dermatologist for this too?

Many hugs to you and your family :blossom:

lapushka
November 10th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Everything was done exactly the same way. My curls were relaxed before I started my journey and now they are much tighter because the condition is slowly improving :) Also, as mentioned already, I measured it stretched and unstretched, so there's no way the relaxation or tightness of the curl could effect the stretched measurement.

Still I doubt that hair grows that fast, so I wouldn't just go believing the measurements. Something is off.

QuirkyCorky
November 10th, 2015, 04:46 AM
Youre right, they wont cause any harm :) (although I would be careful with the salt as people here have mentioned, but I know youve replied to that already). Im just thinking this hair routine is supposed to last for a long time, or so I assume since you wrote you want TBL hair. I dont think you´ll be able to keep all this up for years, so its better to start out easy, and especially if youre curious to try even more stuff when you can afford it. It really doesn't take a great deal of time or effort. The inversion method is only four minutes a day, and not every day of the month, and I do the meditation during isochronic tones playing (which is recommended) at the beginning, then I just fall asleep to it. Also, over time, I'm sure I'll tweak the routine, I'll remove things, add things, etc. When I'm happier with my results, I'm sure I won't have that desperation to hurry, either. I've only just stopped wearing headbands because they got too sweaty and was getting a small bit of growth coming in. But, my bald patches are still visible as the hair growth is light, and it's really embarassing for me to go out in public. I do go out in public, but it's such an awful feeling, because frankly, I'd rather keep my bald patches a secret from the general public (eg, when I'm down the street), and I can't hide it anymore, and that's been something I've forced myself to accept but it's been devastating.

Also, when my hair is BSL (hasn't been that way in 15 years!), the curl then starts to get weighted down and relaxes more, so I know my unstretched measurement will start to increase more rapidly, so I'm looking forward to that, if my hair will grow that length.

Less is actually more when it comes to haircare, I believe. For example instead of rinsing with black tea, green tea AND salt, why not try just one of them and then add or remove stuff after youve seen how it works/doesnt work. Maybe your hair loves the green tea, but the black tea not so much and thus, the result is so-so. How would you know? The same goes for the oils. Try coconut oil (or whatever you prefer), use it a couple of times and see how your hair feels. Then use next. Then maybe try mixing them. Its all about trial and error. Some peoples hair loves olive oil, but coconut oil makes it crunchy. Other people get great results from coconut oil, but feels all "meh" about olive oil.
Less probably is more for some, but I have bald patches in the front of my head and have lost quite a bit of my hairline due to it receding so far back over the years. If it weren't for that, I'm sure I wouldn't be so extreme about it all. I haven't felt normal in years and years, and I desperately want that. I want to be able to go on skype with my hair in a ponytail, without the other person trying to act casual, asking me, 'turn your head to the side for a sec', because they don't want to outright ask me if I've shaved my head, because front on I look completely bald on skype. I want to get my photo taken without a hat or scarf on. I'm not worried about which tea is best, all I know is, after a rinse with both at once, my hair for whatever reason looks bangin', so I'm not changing those right now, but of course, if the salt causes a problem, I'll remove it.

I am so, so sorry to read this.

Its good to know the bloodwork came back okay though and I completely understand how the shed could be stress related after reading the last part you wrote to me. I still want to ask if youve seen a dermatologist for this too?

Many hugs to you and your family :blossom:
Thanks :) There has been a lot of stress over the years for different reasons, but this last hair fall was my first time with bald patches. I would love to see a dermatologist, but it's not in the budget at the moment. If this doesn't continue to give results and I go on to have more problems and can afford it, I'll do it, though.

Still I doubt that hair grows that fast, so I wouldn't just go believing the measurements. Something is off.
That's your prerogative to doubt it, and I think healthy skepticism is a good thing. We're on the internet, I could be lying (I'm not. Not suggesting you're accusing me of it, but it's true, I could be), we could've stuffed up the measurements, but there were two separate people measuring with the same result. We're both perfectionists when it comes to accuracy in measuring. I don't need anyone to believe it, in fact, I was hesitant to share my happiness and results, because I didn't expect to be believed. But who else do you talk to about this? (I did tell my partner though!) Something might be off, but I can't think of what? I have considered many options myself

I forgot to answer this bit!

The same goes for the oils. Try coconut oil (or whatever you prefer), use it a couple of times and see how your hair feels. Then use next. Then maybe try mixing them. Its all about trial and error. Some peoples hair loves olive oil, but coconut oil makes it crunchy. Other people get great results from coconut oil, but feels all "meh" about olive oil.

I've used both oils separately at different times prior to starting this journey to know well enough how my hair responds. To be honest, I won't be staying with these oils (at least I don't THINK I will be, it depends on the new oils, of course), but these are what I had available for now. When I go shopping tomorrow, the plan is to get something else. I haven't tried castor oil on hair before, so I want to try that, and I have tried avocado oil before which is better than olive oil or avocado combined! lol.

lapushka
November 10th, 2015, 05:04 AM
That's your prerogative to doubt it, and I think healthy skepticism is a good thing. We're on the internet, I could be lying (I'm not. Not suggesting you're accusing me of it, but it's true, I could be), we could've stuffed up the measurements, but there were two separate people measuring with the same result. We're both perfectionists when it comes to accuracy in measuring. I don't need anyone to believe it, in fact, I was hesitant to share my happiness and results, because I didn't expect to be believed. But who else do you talk to about this? (I did tell my partner though!) Something might be off, but I can't think of what? I have considered many options myself

Still, just go easy on the salt, just in case. ;)

QuirkyCorky
November 10th, 2015, 05:09 AM
LOL! If it's a problem, I will

Ava Ruu
November 10th, 2015, 05:39 AM
My hairline is missing, and my hair too boofy to allow a hairline measurement to be accurate. I do it from the hairline at the nape, which has no bald patches.I think that when measuring from the hairline at the nape the way you tilt your head effects the measurement. The hair will move along the measuring band the same way it does you down your back when you tilt your head back. Even small changes can change the number a lot. One can try to eliminate this effect, and maybe you already have, but you could also make a comparison measurement over your hair, say, from your eyebrows or the tip of your nose.I hope you see a lot of new growth and that the problems with shedding will be solved! Good luck!

QuirkyCorky
November 10th, 2015, 05:45 AM
I think that when measuring from the hairline at the nape the way you tilt your head effects the measurement. The hair will move along the measuring band the same way it does you down your back when you tilt your head back. Even small changes can change the number a lot. One can try to eliminate this effect, and maybe you already have, but you could also make a comparison measurement over your hair, say, from your eyebrows or the tip of your nose.I hope you see a lot of new growth and that the problems with shedding will be solved! Good luck!
Thank you :) You do make a very good point. The angle of my head during measurement could be the difference! What I'll do in future, is stand in the same spot each time, and focus on a marking on the wall and look at that spot. It doesn't hurt to tweak these things!

Anje
November 10th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Do you know what's causing the bald patches? Traction alopecia?

...and have done an oil treatment on day one as mentioned. :)
Yes, but have you done any moisture treatments? Oil is great as an emollient, but I know my hair gets stiff and uncooperative without regular humectant exposure. Eventually it even starts to get kinked and break.

QuirkyCorky
November 10th, 2015, 01:30 PM
No, but for now I'm assuming stress. By moisture treatment, do you mean product? If so, no. But it's only day 5, and I don't have anything like that yet.

lapushka
November 10th, 2015, 01:32 PM
I think Anje means conditioner as a product. A thick or silicone-laden conditioner can do wonders as far as moisturizing goes. :)

Anje
November 10th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Pretty much, though I like things like aloe and honey as rinse-outs, too. I'm picky about my silicones, because some seem to dry my hair.

lapushka
November 10th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Pretty much, though I like things like aloe and honey as rinse-outs, too. I'm picky about my silicones, because some seem to dry my hair.

You mean aloe & honey as a whole, without mixing it with something else (like conditioner)? :)

Anje
November 10th, 2015, 02:57 PM
You mean aloe & honey as a whole, without mixing it with something else (like conditioner)? :)

I mix with conditioner, generally, since my hair loves the stuff. But you could dump it in henna or coconut milk or something if you're anti-conditioner.

QuirkyCorky
November 10th, 2015, 06:33 PM
I have an aloe plant, sometimes I've run it through my hair, but not often. I'm also conditioner only washing without cones

Silverbrumby
November 10th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Good luck with all of this and I hope you can post photos soon so we can see the progress.

AlKhazzaR
November 10th, 2015, 11:12 PM
What exactly isotonic tones are you using? I know there are tons of them over Internet but I'm curious which is working for you :) That's great to hear your routine is working for you, and even if you measured wrong then does it matter? You're happy and relaxed that your hair are finally growing so let's be happy :)

Actually I had same "problem" with people doesn't believe what they see when I was showing my progress photos on some polish hair forum but after 2 years they got used to mine crazy growths as I could fake it once or twice but not every month.

Highest jump in growth I had was 4cm in 5 days, but for now seems like head got used to mustard mask yet and growth comes crazy only on start as "shock therapy". Other than that there was lots of 2-4 inch of growth within month I have to show my monthly progress today in growth experiments topic :)

Silverbrumby
November 10th, 2015, 11:24 PM
What exactly isotonic tones are you using? I know there are tons of them over Internet but I'm curious which is working for you :) That's great to hear your routine is working for you, and even if you measured wrong then does it matter? You're happy and relaxed that your hair are finally growing so let's be happy :)

Actually I had same "problem" with people doesn't believe what they see when I was showing my progress photos on some polish hair forum but after 2 years they got used to mine crazy growths as I could fake it once or twice but not every month.

Highest jump in growth I had was 4cm in 5 days, but for now seems like head got used to mustard mask yet and growth comes crazy only on start as "shock therapy". Other than that there was lots of 2-4 inch of growth within month I have to show my monthly progress today in growth experiments topic :)

Two inches I would believe in a month. 4 inches, not really but that's more because I've been on the boards for years now and no one here, LTM have had rates like that. I think what's really helpful is when members join threads and post monthly shots in the same clothes so we can eyeball the changes.

vega
November 11th, 2015, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=AlKhazzaR;3117784]What exactly isotonic tones are you using? I know there are tons of them over Internet but I'm curious which is working for you :) That's great to hear your routine is working for you, and even if you measured wrong then does it matter? You're happy and relaxed that your hair are finally growing so let's be happy :)

Highest jump in growth I had was 4cm in 5 days, but for now seems like head got used to mustard mask yet and growth comes crazy only on start as "shock therapy". Other than that there was lots of 2-4 inch of growth within month I have to show my monthly progress today in growth experiments topic :)[/QUOT

this sounds like a lie 4 cm in 5 days haha

QuirkyCorky
November 11th, 2015, 04:48 AM
this sounds like a lie 4 cm in 5 days haha

You know, the discussion was reasonably respectful before this remark. Sure, it's your opinion, but most other posters managed to tell us they thought we were full of BS much more diplomatically :P

QuirkyCorky
November 11th, 2015, 05:14 AM
Good luck with all of this and I hope you can post photos soon so we can see the progress.

I will do my best :) I only took front on photos, and am not sharing those for privacy reasons. I wanted to watch my bald patches grow in. It didn't occur to me I'd get results that others wouldn't believe, otherwise I would've taken back photos. But, I will start taking photos. I kind of wanted to wait until the first of next month for my next measurements, because I don't want to obsessively measure every couple of days. I only measured so soon, because to the naked eye without a measuring tape, just walking past the mirror, I was sure I'd had a lot more growth than I was expecting.

QuirkyCorky
November 11th, 2015, 05:19 AM

Al, I go to youtube on my phone, and I search on 'isochronic tones hair growth' and the first video that comes up for me is a 50 minute one. I've only done that one, and not tried any of the others, so I can't say what they are like just yet.

Thanks for the encouragement :) I believe your results are true also. In fact, I gave the isochronic tones a try, because in the binaural beats thread someone was saying they had what can only be described as extraordinary measurements/results, so I kept an open mind and tried it for myself :) With all my problems with my hair, I didn't expect drastic results, I was planning to just be happy if any hair grew at all. If my bald patches started to fill in. If the condition of my hair improved. I have to say too, I had some bald patches in my eyebrows, it's day 5 now, I wasn't doing anything at all about them, but I'm happy to say that for whatever reason they've just about filled in. And if anyone doesn't believe, I don't care because I'm happy about it!

QuirkyCorky
November 11th, 2015, 05:22 AM
Two inches I would believe in a month. 4 inches, not really but that's more because I've been on the boards for years now and no one here, LTM have had rates like that. I think what's really helpful is when members join threads and post monthly shots in the same clothes so we can eyeball the changes.

Except, I've seen it mentioned that some members who've been here longer have claimed that people coming in making such claims does happen often, and usually nobody believes them. Maybe they're not sticking around because they're happy about something, they don't feel supported, so you don't get to see more of the story? Just a thought. I mean, I felt welcome here right up until something GOOD happened for my hair, for the first time in 7 years, and I kind felt like people wanted to give me instructions on what to do and permission on how to feel. I will do it my way, and when something goes well, I will feel good even if very few people believe me. I'll also do my best to take photos in future. I have no idea if I'll continue to have these sorts of results either.

Anje
November 11th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Please see it as skepticism -- I've had some outrageous bursts of growth myself, so I know it happens. In my case, the crazy month of 4+ inches of growth wasn't something I was trying to cause. Some people are also probably struggling with the fact that they've tried similar things and saw no effect.

If you had fantastic growth for making a few changes, I'm very happy for you. If you continue to see it, rest assured that LHCers will be bothering you for all the details so they can try it.

JennieM
February 22nd, 2017, 03:08 PM
Please help. My hair has always been my pride and joy. I figured since it is pretty damn healthy, it could deal with some bleach damage. And I figured the master stylist who did all the color-corrections would know how much would be too much. I was wrong, and now I want to burst into tears every time I look at my hair or touch it. I just don't know what to do. my hair has also NEVER been shorter than this and it breaks and falls out. What should i do to regrow hair?

vampyyri
February 22nd, 2017, 03:11 PM
Please help. My hair has always been my pride and joy. I figured since it is pretty damn healthy, it could deal with some bleach damage. And I figured the master stylist who did all the color-corrections would know how much would be too much. I was wrong, and now I want to burst into tears every time I look at my hair or touch it. I just don't know what to do. my hair has also NEVER been shorter than this and it breaks and falls out. What should i do to regrow hair?

First off, welcome to LHC!

Honestly what I would do is start looking into protein treatments to restore the hair to a more reasonable state and then baby it with moisture. There's no need to lop it off as long as it's not snapping really far up the hair strands. Oh and most importantly, don't bleach it again if you decide to change the color up, it'll just exasperate the problem.

lapushka
February 22nd, 2017, 03:19 PM

One step at a time...

How long/short is it right now?