PDA

View Full Version : Which looks less bad? (traumatic bangs trimming experience)

Amahaitz
October 30th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I will NEVER get my bangs trimmed at a salon again. Here's what they did:

I am so horrified. That is WAY too short, right? I feel hideous and I'm so self-conscious.

But does this look any better?

Pinning them back reveals my high forehead and wrinkles, and the little barrette looks kind of dumb, but maybe it's better than the micro mini bangs?

lapushka
October 30th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I think you are obsessing over this a little too much (I've read other posts on this by you). I don't think the bangs are too short, and your forehead is just fine!!! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
October 30th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry you don't like what they did. I like both looks on you, and your bangs will soon grow, if you feel that they are too short.

Amahaitz
October 30th, 2015, 10:27 AM
I've always been self-conscious about my forehead :( Thank you for the kind words :)

Estrid
October 30th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Haha, I've had the same type of bangs! :redgrin: I think I didn't like it that much either and pinned it back (it is something with short (aka above the eyebrows) bangs that feels really awkward), but imo it looks fine! Both ways looks perfectly fine. As others have said your bangs will grow, so if you feel like it's too short it will probably feel better in a month or two.

/Margo

Amenahh
October 30th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I think the short bangs looks nice on you :) . And they will grow soon !
But both styles are fine

meteor
October 30th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Amahaitz, I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted at the salon. :( FWIW, I think it looks absolutely beautiful regardless! If you think the bangs were cut too short, they will grow out pretty soon (it won't take them long!) :)

By the way, you have the most incredible teeth & smile! Just wow! :applause

Arctic
October 30th, 2015, 10:37 AM
This is the reason I stopped allowing stylists to cut me bangs: they ALWAYS underestimate how much my hair bends and it always ends up being much shorter than intended (they've never heared dry cutting either). I felt like a child with too short bangs.

Your hair will grow in few weeks/a month and will look better. I'd just let them be for that short time, or if you like, pin them for few weeks (your face and forehead looks lovely: who sees any wrinkles when you have such stunning eyes and bright smile!). It's not like you have to keep them pinned forever.

Speedy growing!

Amahaitz
October 30th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Thanks to everyone. I feel a lot better.

diamond_storm
October 30th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Aw, sorry you don't like how they came out :(

I think they look cute on you, though :) If it makes you feel any better, I think very short bangs are kind of in style right now, actually! I see a lot of girls with bangs shorter than yours lately.

I never allow my bangs to be cut at a salon either, because they never seem to do them quite how I like them. If you're up for it, I recommend experimenting a bit and finding out how to cut your bangs the way you like them. I learned to cut my own bangs and now I get them right every time. It's worth a shot!

DreamSheep
October 30th, 2015, 11:10 AM
I actually think they look great on you, and think you have a really pretty face :)
That said, I am also really self conscious about my forehead (in my case I am overly conscious of the muscles by my eyebrows though I think no one else really cares) although I've mostly gotten over it by growing out the bangs.
The bangs may look even better when they get a little longer, so sometimes I feel cutting a bit shorter is a good strategy, because then you get the most out of their optimal length. :p

But I do think they look really cute on you - but of course if you prefer a different style or don't want them shorter, you could stress this to the hairdresser, or request they cut on dry hair (so there's no shrinkage). If they cut on dry hair, then maybe say, don't go higher than x cm or mark with your finger. You'll find it grows quick though! <3

Anje
October 30th, 2015, 11:22 AM
I'm very pro-forehead in general, so I think you look great with no bangs at all. (Foreheads look intelligent to me.) I don't see a weird size forehead or wrinkles, I see brilliant blue eyes at the center of attention in the no-bangs pic. You look great either way, though, and have nothing to be self-conscious about!

Alex Lou
October 30th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Your bangs look fine! I'm sorry that you don't like them. They will grow back soon. :)

Groovy Granny
October 30th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I think both styles look great on you....and is that pretty shiny silver I see?

Your eyes and smiles are what we see right off the bat....beautiful!

In the meantime...bling them up with cute pins/barrettes....or play with some texture cream...and enjoy the as they ARE.

In the future...trim your own bangs; the twist method is really easy...or face framing layers; check out youtube.

KellieKay
October 30th, 2015, 12:02 PM
I think you are obsessing over this a little too much (I've read other posts on this by you). I don't think the bangs are too short, and your forehead is just fine!!! :)

I totally agree with this!

hennalonghair
October 30th, 2015, 12:24 PM
I like the bangs and think they look adorable on you but totally get it about hair stylists cutting far too much off. They seem not to take in consideration that hair shrinks as it dries . Like others said though , in a couple of weeks you will feel better hecause it will grow faster than you realize.
I hope you feel better about it.

Nuala
October 30th, 2015, 12:40 PM
I think the bangs look lovely on you. I like short side-swept bangs. You also look beautiful with the bangs pinned back. You rock both looks!

Red.
October 30th, 2015, 12:45 PM
I have blunt bangs and have to cut them every month because they get so long. So they'll grow out quickly.

I agree that they don't look bad. Actually, you look good without bangs too. Plus you have a perfect smile. :)

Ephemia
October 30th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I agree with the others, I like both looks on you. If you want to start trimming your fringe yourself, it's quite an easy thing to do. I trim my own fringe and I was surprised at how easy it is. :)

Pearly~91
October 30th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I think the bangs look great, although they aren't the look you wanted. All back looks good as well, but the bangs add an element of fun. And you may feel self-conscious about your forehead, but it's a good shape for short bangs!

FWIW I think you should enjoy them at this length while they're there rather than spending time fighting them. They will grow out quickly. They'll be touching you eyebrows by Christmas!

Nadine <3
October 30th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Hm, maybe they are a little short, but they don't look bad! In my experience, bangs grow rapidly. (well if you don't obsess and check them every day!) The last time I cut my bangs I got upset because I felt like I took to much off. I just noticed today they're right back where they were when I cut them. They grow fast if you forget about them :)

spidermom
October 30th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I think the bangs look super-cute on you. They're similar to my trim in August:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/a02bb3d2-a3a6-40f2-b6e1-bcbf80db40ed_zpsyu0s1j2h.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/a02bb3d2-a3a6-40f2-b6e1-bcbf80db40ed_zpsyu0s1j2h.jpg.html)

See? It's a perfectly legitimate style for bangs, not a stylist mistake.
Anyway, they'll be too long in about a month.

Agnes Hannah
October 30th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Hi Amahaitz, your bangs look really nice, stop stressingxxxxx
You have a lovely face too by the way. Your bangs will soon grow if you still feel uncomfortable, but seriously, they look good.

Groovy Granny
October 30th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Yours look cute too! :)

Arctic
October 30th, 2015, 03:01 PM
I noticed my previous post wasn't clear on one thing (I have limited my internet time with a browser add-on and I need to make short posts quick during the minutes I can): the bangs are not ugly at all to my eye. I was trying to ignore the visual side how your bangs look to me and concentrate on being symphatetic about having ended up with bangs you consider too short, i.e. how the bangs look to you. As I've been there one too many times myself I know it sucks, no matter if people say the bangs are cute. On me, too short bangs make me feel juvenile, lol. Yours do not make you look juvenile or bad, but I was respecting your feelings and taste, and crafted my responce on that base.

momschicklets
October 30th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Well to answer your question :) I like them pinned back better. I think you have a very pretty face with your blue eyes, gorgeous smile and nice teeth. The forehead wrinkles really don't detract, IMO, because you have a nice complexion and a friendly face. I think the look without the bangs is more approachable and youthful. Oh and the bangs aren't "hideous" so no worries...I just prefer the second look. :blossom::blossom:

Llama
October 30th, 2015, 04:43 PM
I love your bangs!

pinkypoo
October 30th, 2015, 08:55 PM
I actually quite like the bangs they remind me of princess Anna from frozen and you totally pull them off :o

jlw9222
October 30th, 2015, 10:48 PM
I'm going to say what everyone else seems to be saying. I like the bangs both way, both down and pinned to the side. :-)

RavenRose
October 30th, 2015, 10:55 PM
They look fine either way! honestly I notice the bright eyes and the smile before the bangs! Give them a few weeks and they will be right where you want them!

AutobotsAttack
October 31st, 2015, 12:54 AM
I do agree with others about both being good pictures. I could see where you would think the bangs are too short, but give it a month or two and they will goes out how you want them. And I'm self conscious of my forehead too, because well. It's big also lol

schweedie
October 31st, 2015, 01:57 AM
Just wanted to add my voice to the choir - I think the bangs are super cute on you! I definitely understand them feeling too short; I've been there once or twice as well, but it really does look great. Pinned back also looks lovely on you, though. Yay options! *g*

cat11
October 31st, 2015, 07:46 AM
I think the bangs look good and they will be "too long" before you know it, haha.

kaylenfalse
October 31st, 2015, 09:11 AM
Actually, I think it looks great both ways. If it makes you feel any better, someone gave me 1" long bangs when I was 13. It was horrible. I wonder if the hairdresser was being deliberately vindictive or just having an off day.

spidermom
October 31st, 2015, 11:08 AM
You can, of course, wear your hair both ways. I do different things with my bangs on different days, including pinning them back.

Deborah
October 31st, 2015, 09:09 PM
I think your bangs look just fine, not too short at all.

queenbee1
November 1st, 2015, 05:39 AM
Whenever my bangs are cut too short, i straighten them and stick with them for a week. Then i know what editions for me and what doesn't. Works out every time. :)

Upside Down
November 1st, 2015, 06:33 AM
I cut my bangs a bit too short on purpose. In a week they are just right and then a week or two more and they are too long :lol: .Putting them to the side or up (like in a poof) is a great way to wait a week or so.

Kherome
November 1st, 2015, 06:41 AM
No, the bangs aren't short at all. They look perfect to me.