PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else been stuck around CBL for like... forever??? :lol:

Alien Girl
October 24th, 2015, 01:38 AM
I feel like I've been stuck at Collar Bone Length for everrrr.
I did make it to APL but trimmed 2 inches off after going from lilac to henndigo..:rolleyes: I didn't have to but I was being a dum dum.

Not sure when I'll put a scissor to my hair again, since my whole head of hair except 2 inch of roots is pretty much over-processed and can't be saved and there's no point in even trimming at this point (I don't get split ends.) I'm just dealing with very coarse, thick, damaged hair...:pumpkin:

Hoping I can get near or at APL by Christmas! At least from the back :eek:

curlylocks85
October 24th, 2015, 10:23 PM
I know what you mean. I can see that my hair has grown, but sometimes I think that it is just sitting there and it will take forever to get longer. My hair is almost to APL as well and I find that my hair brushes against my cheek and sits on my shoulder, but it is just that area, not my entire length, resulting in the illusion of my hair being shorter than it truly is.

Ashflower89
October 25th, 2015, 01:13 AM
I definitely know that feeling. Collarbone to armpit is the only no-mans-land I've ever hit having medium-short hair most of my life, so I don't know if it really gets worse at other lengths. But it felt like it never ended because my ends wanted to flip up at the shoulder, so it never really seemed to be going anywhere. I think measuring monthly helps take care of that feeling; real proof that it is moving and knowing you're that much closer to armpit.

furnival
October 25th, 2015, 04:17 AM
My hair was 'stuck' at CBL for ages- years, in fact- and I despaired of it ever getting any longer. I didn't realise that wearing it down/ in a ponytail was causing damage to the ends as it brushed across my shoulders etc, and as soon as I started wearing it up in protective styles every day it started growing again. Do you wear it down at all?

lapushka
October 25th, 2015, 05:47 AM
My hair was stuck at chin for a few years. I needed to cut back from BSL twice! Why? Because I wouldn't give up the henna, the chemical dye and the bleach, and perms and used all of them intermittently. And you wonder why, right? :rolleyes: So that's why it took me 10 years to get to classic.

It's all up to you. If you want to chemically alter your hair, fine, but you need to realize there are consequences. Length and processing usually don't go together very well. I only had myself to blame. :o

two_wheels
October 25th, 2015, 07:26 AM
It took me a year to get from shoulder to APL with no trims, so yes. Wearing it up all the time definitely helps, as does not trimming. Monthly photos help if you can get into the mindset of being an observer rather than demanding to see progress.

Amenahh
October 25th, 2015, 07:45 AM
I'm in the same boat as well...
Mine is CBL in the front and shoulder length in the back, which is annoying because i know i will have to cut the front to even it as it grows...

And it flips all the time urghhh.

Hang in there, we'll make it, we just need a bit of patience :o

RSunny
October 25th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Me too! As my hair grows, it becomes more curly and seems to just stay put at my collarbone! I don't dye my hair, no heat styling (except for bangs), I do oil treatments weekly and ends more frequently, wash 2x per week. I just started using spin pins to do protective styling with my tiny cinnabun and I'm hoping that'll help. I now braid my hair at night and use a silk pillowcase. Fingers crossed that I'll make it past APL this year! In the last 1.5 years I've gone from a pixie to CBL, so I've also joined the thread BSL by Dec 2016, so I'm hopeful I'll even go beyond APL this year :magic:

Dommydomdom
November 3rd, 2015, 10:34 AM
EEK! This scares me a lot. I am thinking about cutting off all my nasty ends, which will leave me at about CBL (maybe a little longer or a little shorter, depending what the hairdresser says). But now I am having second thoughts, I really want my hair to get to HL eventually...any advice????

Amenahh
November 3rd, 2015, 12:50 PM
If the ends are really damaged, it would probably be a good idea to trim a bit

RSunny
November 3rd, 2015, 12:56 PM
EEK! This scares me a lot. I am thinking about cutting off all my nasty ends, which will leave me at about CBL (maybe a little longer or a little shorter, depending what the hairdresser says). But now I am having second thoughts, I really want my hair to get to HL eventually...any advice????

If you are at BSL you could cut to APL and then microtrim until the damaged ends have grown out. That way you don't lose 100% of the length (still can do most styles without hair falling down due to not being long enough), but your ends will feel and look a lot healthier.

Dommydomdom
November 4th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone! Will think about it and also discuss it with the hairdresser :)

Daydreamer.
January 9th, 2016, 03:25 AM
Nope, but I've always had stalls at shoulder length. I'm hoping to overcome it quickly this time.