PDA

View Full Version : For all the luscious beards...

WaitingSoLong
October 22nd, 2015, 08:10 AM
Beard baubles! (http://www.boredpanda.com/beard-baubles-christmas-decoration/)

You're welcome.

LegoCaltrops
October 22nd, 2015, 08:40 AM
Haha, they're fabulous! Although the models don't look so happy. Do you think they're deliberately sporting a "mean & moody" look, or have they perhaps been coerced into wearing them. My DH has just trimmed his beard, it definitely won't be long enough by Christmas for these now. It would have been if he'd left it. I can only imagine what he'd say if I got him some. He'd probably wear them into town or something. 6'4" Viking looking man with a red beard full of baubles.

I might get some. It could have a growth spurt. :whistle:

hanne jensen
October 22nd, 2015, 09:26 AM
Must get some for Hubby for the Xmas season. We love Xmas and all the decorations. From what I can tell, they are very small tree ornaments on a bobby pin.

Why not? If we ladies can sport Xmas hairtoys, why can't the gents decorate their beards? I love it!

Zesty
October 22nd, 2015, 10:19 AM
Just sent this to my lusciously bearded husband. His response was "no." :lol:

WaitingSoLong
October 23rd, 2015, 12:01 PM
LOL I think my uncle would do this.

humble_knight
October 23rd, 2015, 01:04 PM
Are we going to see any pics when the Christmas season is here? :D

Wildcat Diva
October 24th, 2015, 06:48 AM
I don't think my husband would do this with his awesome beard unless I bribed him somehow. ;)

DaniJoy
October 24th, 2015, 08:51 AM
My husband has turned this idea down as well :(

EdG
October 24th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Those seem to be the right size to hang from one's bun. ;)
Ed

truepeacenik
October 24th, 2015, 09:12 AM
There are so many options in small tree ornaments that this is easily hacked. It looks like they are on silicone bands, and every hair and beauty supply around here has them by the gross...and that's the smallest size.
I'm thinking my buns need dangling dreidels. Or I could do this to the small origami things my nieces produce like a factory.

EdG
October 24th, 2015, 09:22 AM
truepeacenik - we may have found the missing step in:

Make Silver Swirl
???
Profit!

:lol:
Ed

Wildcat Diva
October 24th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Ahhhhhhh!!!!
Underpants GNOMES!!!!

EdG
October 24th, 2015, 08:05 PM
WD - Thanks for the reference. I looked it up on Wikipedia since I have never seen the show.

I associate that meme with the dot-com era. A lot of business plans lacked the second step. ;)
Ed

Wildcat Diva
October 24th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Sure, glad you liked it. I always thought it was funny.

truepeacenik
October 25th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Ed, I had no idea you were crafty and entrepreneurial.
;)

EdG
October 25th, 2015, 04:21 AM
truepeacenik - I use the proven dot-com method of measuring success by the number of reader's mouse clicks. :rollin:
Ed

Wildcat Diva
October 25th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Oh no. Husband's dad messaged him a beard balls picture with caption: "here's an idea for the holidays."

Husband rants to me: "why does everybody want me to walk around with that stuff hanging off me? I don't want any of that sh@t in my beard!?!"

Wow. Grinchy.

Olavi
October 25th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I bet my dad would wear these, if he had beard. But he has skin issues that prevents him from growing his beard long (his skin is very sensitive and he gets eczema very easily) :(