PDA

View Full Version : College guy joining up!

ShawnS
October 21st, 2015, 06:48 PM
Hello everyone! There's a lot of great advice on here that I have benefited from over the course of the last year or so and I decided I'd join cause what the heck I've got long hair and posting looked like a bit of fun even if I don't fit the general demographic. Not sure I'll be able to help out with any decent advice of my own though.

Just a bit about me: I'm 20, been growing for between 3.5 and 4 years from a buzz cut. Initially was going for shoulder length but growing is kind of addicting so I kept growing longer...

http://i.imgur.com/fFfDvHlm.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/IqN3nUvm.png

Feeling pretty good about it these days, and a lot of that is thanks to tips from this site. So thanks!

Clarkie
October 21st, 2015, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone! There's a lot of great advice on here that I have benefited from over the course of the last year or so and I decided I'd join cause what the heck I've got long hair and posting looked like a bit of fun even if I don't fit the general demographic. Not sure I'll be able to help out with any decent advice of my own though.

Just a bit about me: I'm 20, been growing for between 3.5 and 4 years from a buzz cut. Initially was going for shoulder length but growing is kind of addicting so I kept growing longer...

http://i.imgur.com/fFfDvHlm.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/IqN3nUvm.png

Feeling pretty good about it these days, and a lot of that is thanks to tips from this site. So thanks!

You should be feeling good, you have beautiful hair!!! Amazing thickness and colour!!

Andrasta
October 21st, 2015, 07:27 PM
Wow your hair is so shiny, it looks amazing! ☺

EdG
October 21st, 2015, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the board! :waving:

I wish long hair boards had existed when I was in college, but the World Wide Web hadn't been invented yet.
Ed

gthlvrmx
October 21st, 2015, 07:44 PM
Welcome! You have great hair!

yahirwaO.o
October 21st, 2015, 07:51 PM
Thats some great hair Bro. Welcome, there are lots of males here with great hair too.

Can you share some info on your hair routine? And your silky waves are so brutal!!!! :guns:

ShawnS
October 21st, 2015, 08:04 PM
You should be feeling good, you have beautiful hair!!! Amazing thickness and colour!!
Thanks! Been working to get it in good shape.

Wow your hair is so shiny, it looks amazing! ☺
Thanks very much.

Welcome to the board! :waving:

I wish long hair boards had existed when I was in college, but the World Wide Web hadn't been invented yet.
Ed
Yeah definitely. My hair would not be in very good shape without the internet.

Welcome! You have great hair!
Thanks!

Thats some great hair Bro. Welcome, there are lots of males here with great hair too.

Can you share some info on your hair routine? And your silky waves are so brutal!!!! :guns:
Thanks, good to see some other guys, maybe I just hadn't noticed since everyone looks the same from behind. The waves are actually bun waves, which is how I was wearing it all day up until taking the pictures. My hair is actually pretty straight naturally. Maybe a year ago or so I switched to tresemme shampoo and conditioner. I usually wash and condition 2 times a week and have been trying different oils but olive oil seems to work best and I apply a bit of that once a week, or maybe a little less frequently. No heat or dye or anything like that. There are probably a few other things but those are the main ones.

yahirwaO.o
October 21st, 2015, 08:13 PM
Thanks, good to see some other guys, maybe I just hadn't noticed since everyone looks the same from behind. The waves are actually bun waves, which is how I was wearing it all day up until taking the pictures. My hair is actually pretty straight naturally. Maybe a year ago or so I switched to tresemme shampoo and conditioner. I usually wash and condition 2 times a week and have been trying different oils but olive oil seems to work best and I apply a bit of that once a week, or maybe a little less frequently. No heat or dye or anything like that. There are probably a few other things but those are the main ones.

Yeah I think a rule here is that great hair is great hair no matter the owner gender really, still there are some good suportive guys here (also ladies for sure).

Does your hair hold bun waves of do they fall?. Most of us straighties fall back to natural sleekness in no time.

Clearly your routine is working great so far and olive oil works pretty good for me too (not a big fan of the smell, but I wash it anyways)

ShawnS
October 21st, 2015, 08:16 PM
Yeah I think a rule here is that great hair is great hair no matter the owner gender really, still there are some good suportive guys here (also ladies for sure).

Does your hair hold bun waves of do they fall?. Most of us straighties fall back to natural sleekness in no time.

Clearly your routine is working great so far and olive oil works pretty good for me too (not a big fan of the smell, but I wash it anyways)

They hold for a day or so. Absolutely love them. My hair isn't stick straight though.

Vallena
October 21st, 2015, 08:18 PM
Welcome! You have such beautiful hair!

luxurioushair
October 21st, 2015, 09:02 PM
You've got such beautiful hair :inlove:

Nadine <3
October 21st, 2015, 09:16 PM
Oh wow, your hair is so shiny!

AZDesertRose
October 21st, 2015, 09:52 PM
Welcome! You have GREAT hair! It looks very healthy and shiny.

Groovy Granny
October 21st, 2015, 09:54 PM
Welcome ~ your hair is in great shape :thumbsup:

Mtipton10
October 21st, 2015, 09:55 PM
Welcome! This place is full of amazing people and conversations.

Xavien_Grey
October 22nd, 2015, 05:16 AM
Welcome to the boards! I have to agree with the others youv've got great hair. If you ever need a good laugh check out the entertaining hair conversations thread; it redeems humanity on bad days..lol

lapushka
October 22nd, 2015, 06:01 AM
You not fitting the demographic - doubt it. There's men & women on this board with the long hair "itch". :)

Welcome! :)

YvetteVarie
October 22nd, 2015, 06:07 AM
Great hair!!!

Dickiebow
October 22nd, 2015, 06:37 AM
Oh wow! Your hair is in fantastic condition. Nice texture too. :blossom:

parkmikii
October 22nd, 2015, 08:43 AM
Welcome here! Your hair is in amazing condition :o

brickworld13
October 22nd, 2015, 08:56 AM
:waving: Welcome. We have more diversity than you realize. It's just really hard to tell when looking at the back of someone's head. :rolling:

Fericera
October 22nd, 2015, 11:47 AM
Wow! I'm seriously envious of your amazing shine. Welcome to the boards. :)

Wavelength
October 22nd, 2015, 11:53 AM
Whatever you're doing, keep it up! Looks fantastic! :rockerdud

And welcome to LHC! :grin:

ShawnS
October 22nd, 2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome and compliments everyone! Definitely more diverse here than I thought, but like you guys say its hard to tell just from the awesome manes everybody has.

Welcome to the boards! I have to agree with the others youv've got great hair. If you ever need a good laugh check out the entertaining hair conversations thread; it redeems humanity on bad days..lol

Will do a good laugh is always nice, plus I might be able to contribute myself.

Horrorpops
October 23rd, 2015, 05:41 AM
Amazing hair!! looks super healthy :o

Todd
October 23rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
Welcome, Shawn! Hair looks great; nice 'n thick. Keep up the good work!

RavenRose
October 23rd, 2015, 07:01 PM
That hair is Amazing! Welcome to LHC!