PDA

View Full Version : 3Bs and 3Cs: the straighter hair challenge (Keratin is not an option!)

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Like a lot of 3Bs and 3Cs I have huge frizz and puffiness issues with my hair.

And no matter how long I grow my hair it always looks short..

There is so much shrinkage. So, my hair can be below the breast when held straight but look above the shoulder! How frustrating.

Having recently killed my hair from a Brazilian Blowout, I thought it would be useful for us 3Bs and 3Cs to get together and share any tips we have on straightening our hair without (too much) damage.

My natural hair is inbetween a 3B and a 3C. Here it is:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5658/21707739994_c106d2416d_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/z5eQPd)

Once my hair has recovered, I would love to learn how to get it longer / straighter without such horrific damage.

If only I could get it to look somewhere like it looked when I had just had my BB, and hadn't even blow dried it. Here's a pic of how it was:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/618/22142485270_19285b69d0_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/zJE2rq)

It's drier here, but oh so long and straight at the top with a nice gentle wave throughout - my dream hair! For the 2 weeks before it started falling out!

Some would say - embrace your curls. But as someone who spent 15 years embracing her natural curls and had never straightened her hair before (not with hair dryer or with chemical) I know I prefer wavy hair!!

Got any success stories? I would love to hear if you've ever taken on the 3B/3C straighter hair challenge and won!

luxurioushair
October 20th, 2015, 08:22 AM
In that pic with your hair blown out, it looks really damaged and dry, are you sure you want your hair like that again... I think your issues with puffiness etc might be caused by the dyeing, and maybe you also brush your hair(?) which isn't advisable.

There are many methods for stretching hair such as banding, the various types of African threading, and using flexirods/curlers. If you do research, you can find many ways to do it without heat and avoid frying your hair.

luxurioushair
October 20th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Also you might like this, these girls only comb their hair when wet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qFyDMEj1Sk

lapushka
October 20th, 2015, 08:45 AM
You could always do a flexi roller set on damp hair. Let it dry naturally, then section, dampen the sections and roll the flexi rods into your hair.

I think that might be the only way.

I have to say you have a *lovely* natural texture and the texture below looks to me like it's dry and very damaged, just like luxurioushair said already.

LongCurlyTress
October 20th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Hey Suzysu!! Welcome to LHC!! I am a 3bish 34.5 inch length with 4 inch thickness so I know curly, frizzy hair like nobody's business!! In my profile pic and avatar, my hubby caught me putting on my outside shoes, but it shows the fullness that I have to deal with on a daily basis. I am learning to embrace the biggness, btw, although I find detangling a real chore if I leave it curly. The next time after I wash my hair, if it was left curly and down before the wash, I shed alot more hair during detangling and that also hurts! Nothing worse than hearing that snap of the comb as you are detangling! Anyways, a secret to have our hair dry straighter is to detangle with a hair serum.. I need to use some or else detangling is almost impossible!.... Anyways I use John Frieda Hair Serum, and a dime sized amount of EVOO (Olive oil), mix in my hands and then spread throughtout my damp length only, not on my scalp. Then very, very slowly and carefully I detangle my hair when damp with my hair forward like hers is in the video below, which is one of my favs, btw!! Anyways, with my hair still very damp, but not soaking anymore, I carefully lift my head up and kind of shake each side back off my face. Then I gather my hair into a lwb bun and gently put a stick into it. Every few hours I bring it down and use a wooden pin brush from tips up to scalp and gently detangle again, then back up it goes into a lwb. My hair won't dry pin straight this way, but it will dry wavy without using heat so that works for me. Esp since I usually have it up in a bun of sorts. In my siggy pic below, my hair dried this way in a lwb. It helps to add a dime sized amt of evoo on the length after my hair dries to calm down the frizzies ;)

If I am going out somewhere special on a date w DH for example, and its not humid outside, then I will put my hair up into a half up and leave the bottom down so it dries curly. Please check out my lhc albums for some ideas!! Good luck curly gf!! :eye:

UGH! You need 100 LHC posts and 60 days of LHC forum membership to be able to see my photos so please keep on posting and then please friend me so you can get some curly girl straight and curly do ideas. ;)

PS I love love love!!!! did I say love enough??? your curlygirl pic.... I mean love it!! Wish my hair looked like yours!! :popcorn: Also, any kind of hairdye/highlighting dries out my hair so my hair is virgin in these pics. Never again for layers/bangs or hairdye of any type is my motto and I am sticking with it!! ;)

tigress86
October 20th, 2015, 09:48 AM
DIY caramel treatment can allegedly make hair softer and straighter. Here's the recipe: http://www.blackhairinformation.com/hair-care-2/hair-treatments-and-recipes/the-caramel-treatment-a-natural-hair-softener/
I am yet to try this myself. I am a wavy but I would appreciate a smoother, looser texture sometimes so it would be great if this treatment helped even a little bit.

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 10:07 AM
In that pic with your hair blown out, it looks really damaged and dry, are you sure you want your hair like that again... I think your issues with puffiness etc might be caused by the dyeing, and maybe you also brush your hair(?) which isn't advisable.

There are many methods for stretching hair such as banding, the various types of African threading, and using flexirods/curlers. If you do research, you can find many ways to do it without heat and avoid frying your hair.

Absolutely agree that my hair looks dry in the second picture - but the texture - the soft gentle wave I absolutely LOVE!

My issues with puffiness / frizziness are, oddly enough, not caused by hair dye - the bits that aren't dyed are the frizziest of all!

I only dye 10% of my hair and it really shows of the hair texture so I think it's worth it. If anything the dyed hair is the most well-behaved - it's more wavy and less curly.

I know what you're thinking: "that means it's damaged!" but I really like waves...

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 10:10 AM

Prior to the keratin, I only combed my hair when wet and covered with conditioner...but when I had the keratin treatment it made my hair look a little lank on waking - so, yes, I did brush when dry. Only very gently, and from the ends up.

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 10:16 AM
You could always do a flexi roller set on damp hair. Let it dry naturally, then section, dampen the sections and roll the flexi rods into your hair.

I think that might be the only way.

I have to say you have a *lovely* natural texture and the texture below looks to me like it's dry and very damaged, just like luxurioushair said already.

I've heard about flexi rollers! But how long would it last? If I used big rollers so it was wavy and not curly, how long could I go without doing it again?

I like to wash my hair once a week...so if it could last a whole week...that would be amazing...

Thank you for the lovely words about my natural texture. But imagine if someone said to you: "You can have lovely curls but you will never, never have hair that reaches your shoulders."

That's my life so far!

My hair grows very long, but always looks short. 15 years of celebrating my curly hair is a long, long time...! Imagine my hair with that lovely wavy texture AND in good condition!

That would be perfection. (Or as close to it as I'm ever going to get!)

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Hey Suzysu!! Welcome to LHC!! I am a 3bish 34.5 inch length with 4 inch thickness so I know curly, frizzy hair like nobody's business!! In my profile pic and avatar, my hubby caught me putting on my outside shoes, but it shows the fullness that I have to deal with on a daily basis. I am learning to embrace the biggness, btw, although I find detangling a real chore if I leave it curly. The next time after I wash my hair, if it was left curly and down before the wash, I shed alot more hair during detangling and that also hurts! Nothing worse than hearing that snap of the comb as you are detangling! Anyways, a secret to have our hair dry straighter is to detangle with a hair serum.. I need to use some or else detangling is almost impossible!.... Anyways I use John Frieda Hair Serum, and a dime sized amount of EVOO (Olive oil), mix in my hands and then spread throughtout my damp length only, not on my scalp. Then very, very slowly and carefully I detangle my hair when damp with my hair forward like hers is in the video below, which is one of my favs, btw!! Anyways, with my hair still very damp, but not soaking anymore, I carefully lift my head up and kind of shake each side back off my face. Then I gather my hair into a lwb bun and gently put a stick into it. Every few hours I bring it down and use a wooden pin brush from tips up to scalp and gently detangle again, then back up it goes into a lwb. My hair won't dry pin straight this way, but it will dry wavy without using heat so that works for me. Esp since I usually have it up in a bun of sorts. In my siggy pic below, my hair dried this way in a lwb. It helps to add a dime sized amt of evoo on the length after my hair dries to calm down the frizzies ;)

If I am going out somewhere special on a date w DH for example, and its not humid outside, then I will put my hair up into a half up and leave the bottom down so it dries curly. Please check out my lhc albums for some ideas!! Good luck curly gf!! :eye:

UGH! You need 100 LHC posts and 60 days of LHC forum membership to be able to see my photos so please keep on posting and then please friend me so you can get some curly girl straight and curly do ideas. ;)

PS I love love love!!!! did I say love enough??? your curlygirl pic.... I mean love it!! Wish my hair looked like yours!! :popcorn: Also, any kind of hairdye/highlighting dries out my hair so my hair is virgin in these pics. Never again for layers/bangs or hairdye of any type is my motto and I am sticking with it!! ;)

Wow! Some fantastic tips!

I know I'm a bit slow, but what's a lwb? I would think a bun would make hair curlier. I was imagining you'd be doing something to hold the hair straight?

You have SUCH glossy hair! It is glorious. Is it actually curly?!? You basically have my perfect hair!

I bet your hair is a lot less curly than my natural hair, if putting it in a bun straightens it? Regardless, I will certainly be using the John Frieda serum because I'd love to have that level of shine! I've heard mixed reviews about his "3 days straight" product - ever tried it?

LongCurlyTress
October 20th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Wow! Some fantastic tips!

I know I'm a bit slow, but what's a lwb? I would think a bun would make hair curlier. I was imagining you'd be doing something to hold the hair straight?

You have SUCH glossy hair! It is glorious. Is it actually curly?!? You basically have my perfect hair!

I bet your hair is a lot less curly than my natural hair, if putting it in a bun straightens it? Regardless, I will certainly be using the John Frieda serum because I'd love to have that level of shine! I've heard mixed reviews about his "3 days straight" product - ever tried it?
Hi! A lwb is a lazy wrap bun... and yes, I do pull it pretty snugly to hold in place, but if your hair isnt long enough, then a cinabun with two claw clips will also set it straight. The secret is to detangle and pull your hair snugly into the bun so it dries straighter. There are hair wrapping ytube videos also if you search for them which is pretty much what I do to get wavier hair- around 5 minutes into the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1X_cViDiWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKn3WzlrlM

Also, putting your damp brushed out hair into a tight french twist until it dries with a claw clip will also straighten it. The secret is to do this with wet hair or else it will stay curly. Good luck!

The shine is from using EVOO not the hairserum. ;)
I never tried the 3 day hair straightener... but I am also curious about it.

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Hi! A lwb is a lazy wrap bun... and yes, I do pull it pretty snugly to hold in place, but if your hair isnt long enough, then a cinabun with two claw clips will also set it straight. The secret is to detangle and pull your hair snugly into the bun so it dries straighter. There are hair wrapping ytube videos also if you search for them which is pretty much what I do to get wavier hair- around 5 minutes into the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1X_cViDiWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKn3WzlrlM

The shine is from using EVOO not the hairserum. ;)
I never tried the 3 day hair straightener... but I am also curious about it.

Then it's definitely time for me to try EVOO.

Very useful video to see how she wraps her hair - wish she hadn't straightened it first though as I'd like to see the effect it has on unstraightened hair. Her natural hair is slightly curlier than mine so if it works for her...

One tip I DO have that has reduced my frizziness by 50% is....changing my pillowcase to a silk one. My hair used to be all over the place when I woke up, but I have to say it has worked wonders.

Do be careful though - I noticed on Amazon there are loads of "silky" pillowcases but look carefully at what they're actually made out of. I got mine from John Lewis (Ģ40...for a pillowcase...) but it's the real deal.

Highly recommend silk pillowcases for curlies!

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 10:52 AM
DIY caramel treatment can allegedly make hair softer and straighter. Here's the recipe: http://www.blackhairinformation.com/hair-care-2/hair-treatments-and-recipes/the-caramel-treatment-a-natural-hair-softener/
I am yet to try this myself. I am a wavy but I would appreciate a smoother, looser texture sometimes so it would be great if this treatment helped even a little bit.

I am going to definitely look into the caramel treatment...once my hair has recovered from its current ordeal.

One of the comments posted beneath the recipe said that it had removed her natural curl - so it's really sounds like only something to risk if you don't mind losing your curls permanently.

LongCurlyTress
October 20th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Right on! Love silk pillowcases! Great idea!
The second video shows Spanky Valentine wrapping her hair from the wet stage and how she brushes it out using a BBB to straighten each section before wrapping it until it dries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKn3WzlrlM

Oh and remember... a tiny bit dime-sized amount spread out inbetween the palms of your hands-- of EVOO goes a long long way.. pun intended....... ;O

Hairkay
October 20th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Hi Suzysu,

I've had my kinky curls for longer than 15 years. I'm happy with them. It is your hair so you can do what you wish with it. I've seen this roller set wrap technique though I haven't tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4b2Xh0404M

Some get good results with this. Of course local humidity will come into play with the results and rain will make the hair revert instantly.

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Hi Suzysu,

I've had my kinky curls for longer than 15 years. I'm happy with them. It is your hair so you can do what you wish with it. I've seen this roller set wrap technique though I haven't tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4b2Xh0404M

Some get good results with this. Of course local humidity will come into play with the results and rain will make the hair revert instantly.

Yeah, everyone likes natural hair now - I always seem to go against the grain! When I was a teenager, everyone kept saying - "Oh why don't you have a relaxer!" but I refused, even when people laughed at my hair.

So I know what it is like to be passionate about your kinky curls.

Thing is, my hair doesn't suit me dead straight, and yes it does suit me curly, but much more then either of these, it really suits me wavy.

Isn't it funny how much our hair changes the way we look? I look so different with wavy hair rather than curly - I notice it when curly girls go straight and straight girls go curly - some you wouldn't even recognise.

I will definitely be watching your roller set wrap video -thank you!!

Anje
October 20th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah, everyone likes natural hair now - I always seem to go against the grain! When I was a teenager, everyone kept saying - "Oh why don't you have a relaxer!" but I refused, even when people laughed at my hair.
Around this site, I think you'll find the trend is usually toward embracing your hair as it naturally is. Or else hennaing it flaming red. Not that there's anything wrong with doing what you want with your hair, just an emphasis on minimizing damage.

I'm no help on the curls part... I'm the barely-wavy person in a curly-haired family, and the only one who had long hair when we all lived together. (Since then, both my brothers have grown out their hair.)

meteor
October 20th, 2015, 01:29 PM
So many excellent ideas on this thread! :D

I think in this situation, my best bet would be a roller-set with *jumbo* foam rollers (or bun formers), if you want only a slight wave. It's important to start from damp hair with some good "setting lotion" (I think water + conditioner is best!) let hair dry completely in the roller-set and maybe cover it with silky, satiny scarf as it's drying without touching. And you can use some oils and/or silicone serum to combat frizz if there is any.

Your natural curls are absolutely amazing, btw! :bowtome:

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Around this site, I think you'll find the trend is usually toward embracing your hair as it naturally is. Or else hennaing it flaming red. Not that there's anything wrong with doing what you want with your hair, just an emphasis on minimizing damage.

I'm no help on the curls part... I'm the barely-wavy person in a curly-haired family, and the only one who had long hair when we all lived together. (Since then, both my brothers have grown out their hair.)

I know - and it's very sensible. I mean, I'm a person who has lost half her hair to a chemical treatment, so I completely agree about minimizing damage.

But - it's so hard - when you've had a taste of hair that really suits you, and that being snatched away...well, you can't help but want to try and get it back - but in a safe way this time.

There have been loads of great ideas so far. Tonight - I am wrapping my hair for the first time!! I will let you know how it goes!

Suzysu
October 20th, 2015, 02:48 PM
So many excellent ideas on this thread! :D

I think in this situation, my best bet would be a roller-set with *jumbo* foam rollers (or bun formers), if you want only a slight wave. It's important to start from damp hair with some good "setting lotion" (I think water + conditioner is best!) let hair dry completely in the roller-set and maybe cover it with silky, satiny scarf as it's drying without touching. And you can use some oils and/or silicone serum to combat frizz if there is any.

Your natural curls are absolutely amazing, btw! :bowtome:

Thank you - you are very kind!

I don't have a roller set yet, so tonight I'm trying wrapping! Of course, with the roller set and with wrapping, the trouble is once the weather is damp....it's frizz city!

lapushka
October 20th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Thank you for the lovely words about my natural texture. But imagine if someone said to you: "You can have lovely curls but you will never, never have hair that reaches your shoulders."

That's my life so far!

My hair grows very long, but always looks short. 15 years of celebrating my curly hair is a long, long time...! Imagine my hair with that lovely wavy texture AND in good condition!

Have a look at our Quixii's hair on here. She's a curly but had the patience to just let it grow! And MandyBeth's daughters have curly hair but *long* hair as well. You grow about 6 inches a year, if you leave it alone and just take really good care of it, and that *will* show!

Jennah
October 20th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Hey,

I remember seeing a video of a Puerto Rican girl that used big rollers to straighten her hair.

I couldnīt find the same exact one, but is was something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJYuA5YerG0

Here is a similar one with combo wrap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvSXWNt5ak

lapushka
October 20th, 2015, 04:04 PM
I've heard about flexi rollers! But how long would it last? If I used big rollers so it was wavy and not curly, how long could I go without doing it again?

I like to wash my hair once a week...so if it could last a whole week...that would be amazing...

That's my life so far!

I think it's worth a shot! My waves last me a week as well, but I don't comb/brush for an entire week (wash weekly as well), and my hair is mostly in an updo since I hit a good amount of length, except for at night.

LongCurlyTress
October 20th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Back in the 60s and 70s... lol... we brushed our hairup to the crown area of our head and used a hairtie to tie all our hair above our head. Then we used a can from green beans with the top and bottom cut off and two large thick long bobby pins. We rolled our hair onto the can and stuck a pin into each side, attaching the can to our crown hairs--and let it dry that way. It works!! I kid you not!! Setting gel like meteor suggested is a great idea, but just a tiny bit... like Dippity Do I think it was called! LOL! :bigtongue:

CurlyCap
October 20th, 2015, 09:29 PM
This started as a thread about a particular product, but lots of curlies chimed in to add thoughts on heatless straightening. Might be good for ideas:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85483

luxurioushair
October 21st, 2015, 05:45 AM
Prior to the keratin, I only combed my hair when wet and covered with conditioner...but when I had the keratin treatment it made my hair look a little lank on waking - so, yes, I did brush when dry. Only very gently, and from the ends up.
LOL I'm not sure that there is any gentle way to damage one's hair...my advice is to give up the brushes altogether...

Suzysu
October 21st, 2015, 09:01 AM
LOL I'm not sure that there is any gentle way to damage one's hair...my advice is to give up the brushes altogether...

Well...I used a wide tooth comb.. Do you never detangle your hair? If I didn't I would have knots and have to cut it all out!

lapushka
October 21st, 2015, 10:18 AM
Well...I used a wide tooth comb.. Do you never detangle your hair? If I didn't I would have knots and have to cut it all out!

I think she meant your comment about brushing it when dry. ;)

Suzysu
October 21st, 2015, 10:31 AM
I think she meant your comment about brushing it when dry. ;)

I see! :)You know it's funny because a lot of hair authorities will tell you - never comb hair when it's wet as it's at its most fragile. And here we're saying never comb curly hair when it's dry!

So...............which is true?!?!

Hairkay
October 21st, 2015, 10:40 AM
I see! :)You know it's funny because a lot of hair authorities will tell you - never comb hair when it's wet as it's at its most fragile. And here we're saying never comb curly hair when it's dry!

So...............which is true?!?!

Both. That saying came about when they didn't consider curly hair. The weakest points in curly hair is where it begins to bend/curl/kink. Curls will snag making tangles instantly but damp/wet hair with a little oil/conditioner/hair product allows those curls to slip instead of snag which makes detangling easier. Too many tangles lead to breakage.

HappyHair87
October 21st, 2015, 11:17 AM
I'm a 3c/3b curly! :wave:

I was using a paddle brush to detangle my hair, but switched to finger combing after suffering breakage. I just recently got a new tangle teezer and so far it's okay.

I only detangle my hair when it's wet. Slathered in conditioner.

reilly0167
October 21st, 2015, 12:26 PM
Hi there..the way I detangle my hair is wash day (I co wash but use claifying shampoo like once a week or two depending my fancy like suave)..anywho I work my conditioner then take a wide tooth comb then I gently detangle...conditioner adds that slip then I rinse..squeeze excess water blot with towel... Style with my conditioning styling cream I make(also use it as a masque)..that's it. On next day hair I use rosewater in my Mister bottle and spritz to refresh curls...my hair doesn't see a comb til next time..hopes this helps. Bright blessings=)

littlestarface
October 21st, 2015, 12:47 PM

wow id kill for curly hair like this! its so breathtaking!

lapushka
October 21st, 2015, 01:38 PM
Both. That saying came about when they didn't consider curly hair. The weakest points in curly hair is where it begins to bend/curl/kink. Curls will snag making tangles instantly but damp/wet hair with a little oil/conditioner/hair product allows those curls to slip instead of snag which makes detangling easier. Too many tangles lead to breakage.

Both, exactly. For curly hair the rules are *totally* different. It is okay to brush/comb when wet with conditioner, and no, never when dry! Straight hair? The total opposite!

Suzysu
October 21st, 2015, 01:53 PM
Both, exactly. For curly hair the rules are *totally* different. It is okay to brush/comb when wet with conditioner, and no, never when dry! Straight hair? The total opposite!

So, when my hair was straightened, I guess I was treating it like straight hair. But I guess you shouldn't do that because it's still vulnerable?

My understanding was that, once your hair is straight, the oil from your roots can travel easily to the ends of your hair. Which is why people with straight hair can suffer from greasiness / lankness but rarely dryness.

Whereas with curly hair, the curl pattern makes it hard for the oil of the scalp to get through all the twists and turns to the ends. Which is why curly hair tends to suffer from dryness.

I got that from a hairdresser, but my opinion of hairdressers has taken a nosedive recently so if it's wrong, I gladly accept it! I will say though, that when my hair was straightened, if I hadn't washed it for 3 days, it would get lank. So, might well be something in it.

Never got lank when curly.

*Pet hate about hairdressers? They always rip my hair when combing it - because they always comb from root to tip! Drives me mad. How can they not know better?

lapushka
October 21st, 2015, 02:07 PM
I got that from a hairdresser, but my opinion of hairdressers has taken a nosedive recently so if it's wrong, I gladly accept it! I will say though, that when my hair was straightened, if I hadn't washed it for 3 days, it would get lank. So, might well be something in it.

Never got lank when curly.

*Pet hate about hairdressers? They always rip my hair when combing it - because they always comb from root to tip! Drives me mad. How can they not know better?

Hairdressers, when not curly girl, approved, don't know squat about curly hair. There is oily curly hair out there as well! It depends on the scalp itself.

Suzysu
October 21st, 2015, 02:14 PM
Hairdressers, when not curly girl, approved, don't know squat about curly hair. There is oily curly hair out there as well! It depends on the scalp itself.

Do you know when I used to go to Vidal Sassoon and Toni & Guy, etc, I used to wonder if they had only been trained to look after straight hair!? I also tried to book an appointment with a salon and was told - "We don't do afro hair."

How can you be qualified as a hairdresser if you don't understand how to manage the different hair types?

If someone opened up a salon where the focus was being on as gentle on the hair as possible, they'd make a fortune! I don't know anyone who is satisfied with how their hair is treated by salons. When I got my Brazilian, I'd get it blow dried once a week, by a salon - to ensure no further damage.

They used boar bristle brushes (VERY popular now) but I could hear my hair ripping as they brushed and dried it. Yes, they give shine to the hair, but they also stick in the hair.

OK, rant over!!