PDA

View Full Version : Damage caused me to hairtype myself wrong?

tigress86
October 20th, 2015, 05:07 AM
I thought my hairtype was 2b, mostly because of the description "that's when the frizz starts to kick in". My hair used to be really frizzy and wirey, but now that I've learned to take better care of it and almost grown out the damage, the frizz is almost gone, depending on how I let my hair dry. I'm thinking that I could be a 2a instead, or maybe even 1c, and the frizz has been the damage all along, not the natural state of my hair. I used to have silky and straight hair as a child, then sometime in my teens it got more coarse and wavy and I had no idea how to care for it, so I ruined it with chemical and heat damage. I never gave my hair a chance all these years! I guess I should do a proper hairtyping photo sometime, but how are you other wavies typing yourself properly?

Horrorpops
October 20th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Definitely do another hair typing photo!!

My hairtype has changed but I actually found the opposite :o
My hair has gotten wavier since I grew out the severe damage I used to have, all the damage really straightened out my waves.

Still thats so exciting you're finding out what your healthy hair is really like :)

Arete
October 20th, 2015, 10:44 AM
My hair has just always been 2c (sometimes leans towards 2b, sometimes 3a depending on the day). I have definitive S waves with some spiraling. My hair is healthy and virgin. Waves and frizz don't necessarily mean damage. You always have new hair growing, and instead of laying straight, the shorter hairs wave/curl and can stick out causing frizz.

It's always interesting to see hair transformations after chemical damage. You should post comparison pics.

Anje
October 20th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Nothing wrong with re-typing! Sometimes damage causes changes, sometimes hair just changes over time. It's all good.