PDA

View Full Version : shed = ?bald patch oh no!

jojo
October 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Well i had a major shed last month and as everybody is probably bored of me saying a stall too, though I think that is coming to an end, havent measured it but it just feels longer, not measuring until December.

Anyway please can you all give me your opinions do you think my hair is going bald at the front? my widows peek seems bigger some how and there is a noticing thinning? baldind to right side hairline.

Thanks in a advance xx
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=354&pictureid=22805

Boudicca
October 9th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I can't see much thinning, tbh.

How tightly are you wearing your hair? I know that ballet dancers can get traction alopecia becuase they insist on super sleek buns.

Addy
October 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I don't like my hair pulled back because of tension somewhere. Your hair doesn't look bad though but that's what my guess is, tension from pulling back.

jojo
October 9th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Its quite loose not tight at all, maybe its me being paranoid! but i do see some thinning I also don't know if this has alway been a feature, as my hair texture is also very different here very afro like and doesn't grow as long as the other side. Anyway you have made me feel better, its all in my head probably!

chrissy-b
October 9th, 2008, 04:39 PM
It doesn't look like it's thinning at all IMO. On one side of my forehead my hair looks thinner than the other because of the way it grows, and it's more noticeable when my hair is very oily and that may well be what you're seeing too.

It might be helpful to see before and after photos (if you have them) so we can gauge a difference, but I'm betting (only because I do this often) that you're the only one who'll see a difference and there probably isn't a difference to worry about anyway.

I think you've had a rough go of it for a while with the stall and the shed and this may just be a part of your stress over your hair. I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about and I hope it all gets better soon.

Shanarana
October 9th, 2008, 04:44 PM
My hair is the same way. I think we tend to notice it more. I have baby hairs coming in and you probably will to.

By the way....you look stunning. :)

RavennaNight
October 9th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Your hairline looks just fine. I don't think you have to worry about it at all. Just don't pull hair too tight and you should be fine :)

Tressie
October 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I have a noticeable (to me) thinner side of my hairline too, but honestly I can't see any problem with your hairline at all. Anyway you have such lovely, big blue eyes, I don't think anyone would see anything else! (o:

WaimeaWahine
October 9th, 2008, 05:34 PM
You're so beautiful! :)

I can't see any thinning at all but no one would notice anyway. I know as we get older our hair
is supposed to thin but you're too young for that.

Bald spots around temples are something I notice
because it's one of my issues but you don't have
anything like that!

Speckla
October 9th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Ah, hair grows and falls out at different rates all over the head. Your hairline looks great and perfectly normally with no thinning.
________
Alaska medical marijuana dispensaries (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

Elenna
October 9th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Jojo, I don't see anything wrong with your hairline. You have a high forehead = lots of smarts. :)

spidermom
October 9th, 2008, 08:41 PM
O.k, well, darn it; I think I do see thinning. But according to everybody else, we're seeing things jojo.

willowcandra
October 10th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Hi jojo....I recently came out of a big shedd and I lost loads around the hairline and it seemed to receed alot at the sides/temples. Is that what you are getting at?
Anyhow when the shedd ended I was really upset about my receeded line...however two/four months on and I have the most annoying clumps of two inch hairs along the hairline. They were so obviouse that it looked like I had cut little tufts! but they are starting to blend in a bit now.

Hope that gives you some hope.

Arctic_Mama
October 10th, 2008, 04:49 AM
There is a slight irregularity on that side of the hairline, I do see it, but I'd need to see an older comparative picture with your hair in the same care routine and day after washing to really judge. I am not noticing anything alarming from the looks of it that would suggest anything beyond the seasonal shed. And I DO see sprouting baby hairs, so you're not thinning without regrowth which is key.

I think you look great!

Lamb
October 10th, 2008, 05:59 AM
I can't see any thinning, much depends on how greasy/moisturized your hair was on that day, and how it was pulled back.
Relax, it is so easy to imagine things when you worry! :flowers:

Robinlyn
October 10th, 2008, 06:20 AM
What a great photo Jojo! I really don't see any thinning at all. My hair line has some shorter hairs, I always thought of it as new growth. Cheers!!

jivete
October 10th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I do see a little spot just to the right of your widow's peak, but I have a little weirdness to my hairline around my widow's peak too. Maybe you shed a few extra hairs there and they just haven't filled in yet?

I freaked out a little a couple of months ago because I thought my hair was thinning when in reality, I just really hadn't noticed how thin my hair is in certain places. Perhaps it's similar for you. Maybe that area's always a little thinner and you just shed the right hairs to make it noticeable?

I don't think I'm being very helpful. But you look great at any rate, so I wouldn't worry too much.

jojo
October 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Hi jojo....I recently came out of a big shedd and I lost loads around the hairline and it seemed to receed alot at the sides/temples. Is that what you are getting at?
Anyhow when the shedd ended I was really upset about my receeded line...however two/four months on and I have the most annoying clumps of two inch hairs along the hairline. They were so obviouse that it looked like I had cut little tufts! but they are starting to blend in a bit now.

Hope that gives you some hope.

yes this is exactly what i am getting at, it has always been a bit thinner there, which I put down to my hair being more curlier/drier in that area but it does seem thinner than what is normal. There are no tuffs, its my widows peek which drew my attention to it as it seems longer.

jojo
October 10th, 2008, 09:25 AM
O.k, well, darn it; I think I do see thinning. But according to everybody else, we're seeing things jojo. ha ha! yeah i think there is slight thinning too, need to stop fretting ir i will end up bald!

jojo
October 10th, 2008, 09:29 AM
thanks everybody who replied for your compliments and opinions, i guess i need to look at older photos and do a bit of comparing. Another thing I had to get my bloods done today for my annual health check, putting 2 and 2 together, tiredness (i put it down to work) breathless at times (i put it down to smoking) and hairloss (i put it down to seasonal shed) could also be a result of haemoglobin deficiency, dont know why i didnt think of that before, it would also explain my slow growth.

Amberlee
October 10th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Maybe this is just for us beginners, but I mention it just in case. The way that I used to turban my wet hair pulled the right front of my hair more than anywhere else and I used to always only have baby hairs there.

It might be something to think about???