PDA

View Full Version : BCL by Christmas (or New Year's Eve) 2016

dancingrain91
October 18th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Hey all, I don't know if anyone has made this thread yet but I didn't see one. I plan to get my hair (finally) to this length by next Christmas so I thought we could all grow together :3. I noticed a lot of these threads though are doubling somehow so I just threw Christmas and New Year's together. If there's already a thread for this I'm sorry.

HappyHair87
November 25th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Joining!! I am currently at waist but I get a little under an inch per month so I'm pretty sure I'll be at BCL by next Christmas!

I am on a fixed regimen of co washing daily, bunning daily except on weekends and shampooing and deep conditioning every week. :)

I believe I have about 7 inches to get to BCL. I'm currently trying to get to Hip Length (my goal length) but I want to get to BCL so that I can give myself a REALLY good trim and have a nice and full U shaped hemline at Hip when straightened. I'm only about 3-4 inches away from Hip Length.

So excited about this!!

missblueeyes
November 25th, 2015, 03:02 PM
I'm in! I'm a little bit past hip already so I guess I'll make BCL sometimes before Christmas but I don't know how much I'll be trimming next year so you never know. :) I should have about 2.5 inches to BCL, which means I need at least 3.5 more until I call it. (I'm going for optical length) Eventually, I want to maintain between BCL and TBL so this year will probably be the last one I'm actively growing after starting with a earlobe length layered bob 4.5 years ago!

HappyHair87
December 4th, 2015, 06:01 PM
This is the thread I meant to bump! :lol:

Okay, so I was co washing my hair in the shower the other day and realized a few of my strands are past Waist length. But I'm not claiming anything yet bc it's not that significant...but I was so excited I squealed in the shower! :rolling:

Can't wait to see what happens in the next 3 to 6 months!!

maskedrose
December 4th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Joining! I'm about 5 inches away right now, and I'll be maintaining once I get there. I'm going to try my hardest to not trim until I get there. So. Hard.

cosmic crusader
December 5th, 2015, 09:08 PM
I'm in! This would be my ultimate Christmas wish come true...past waist now, hoping weekly DTs will make this happen!

Kwantslonghair
December 14th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Joining! I'm about 5 inches away right now, and I'll be maintaining once I get there. I'm going to try my hardest to not trim until I get there. So. Hard.

Your hair looks a lot like mine. Yours looks longer than mine...texture and color looks right on.

elsieivy
December 26th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Can I join? My hair is just barely at my hips now and I get pretty average growth, so I'm pretty sure I can make it to somewhere in the bcl or tb area by next Christmas.

Lauraes
December 26th, 2015, 07:35 PM
I'm in! I'm just above hip length now (I was there, but I trimmed tonight). I'm really short so I'm pretty certain I'll make it to BCL by Christmas. :)

Sterlyn
December 27th, 2015, 01:47 PM
I'm in :)

I'm at 28" stretched and BCL is around 33". Most days I'm bouncing up to about 25", so can't say if I'd make it dry/unstretched. I should at least make it stretched and if my ends stay decent and don't need a trim I might be there (or very close) dry and wavy.

JustPam
December 27th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Hmmmm I might possibly be able to achieve this, will measure when I get home, although I am supposed to be maintaining at waist+ to grow the last few inches of dye out, but we'll see, I may have a spurt...

FallingDarkness
February 20th, 2016, 03:03 PM
I'm at hip+ maybe stretched, and I want BCL by Christmas more than absolutely anything. Here's hoping it happens! :D

lithostoic
February 20th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Oh I wish! Haha.

HeartofHaleth
February 20th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Ooh! I might be able to do this, if my hair keeps whistling along like it seems to have been doing! If not, I'll only be a couple months late...what's a couple months, anyways? ;)

Frisian
February 26th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Oh I would like to join here, not many BCL-growers yet though? I am currently at waist/hip, it all feels the same, I though hip would be my goal and ending but I have such a short waist-to-hip difference that it doesn't seem that impressive. I have a long upper torso so I am unsure if I'll be able to make it but maybe at least this thread will stop me from cutting back to MBL again :rolleyes: (it is becoming a never ending cycle!)

@ HeartofHaleth in the scale of things, a few months must be okay right ;)

Groovy Granny
March 30th, 2016, 11:20 PM
I am joining in :thumnbsup:

I did a trim a few weeks ago, cutting from hip back to waist+
However there are just couple inches back to hip, so I should hit that again by June

Then there is just @ 3 inches from hip to BCL and TBL is @ the same marker, so I should hit that by the years end.

Thankfully I have a very short torso and short distance between markers :wink:

So we are on :cheer:

JustPam
March 31st, 2016, 06:23 AM
I totally forgot about this thread haha. Not sure how do-able this is for me any more, just roughly measured by feel and I'm about 4.5" away from BCL with my hemline as it is, but I really want to un-V it a bit and lengthen the layers so maybe a solid hip by Christmas?

Groovy Granny
March 31st, 2016, 11:31 AM
I totally forgot about this thread haha. Not sure how do-able this is for me any more, just roughly measured by feel and I'm about 4.5" away from BCL with my hemline as it is, but I really want to un-V it a bit and lengthen the layers so maybe a solid hip by Christmas?

Think positive :wink: ~ happy growing :cheer:

Groovy Granny
April 7th, 2016, 01:22 AM
Well....I have changed my mind :o

While measuring I was reminded that I like to keep my hair down at times, and because I am short with a short torso and small butt,my hair will be 'in the way'
I can't be bothered with fiddling to keep it out of the way of personal care etc...and I was really happy at HIP....so I re-started my monthly dustings with the plan to hit Hip in a few months and will maintain it there.

So I am out...but wish you happy growing :cheer: