PDA

View Full Version : First professional haircut since LHC! (pics!!)

Magalo
October 17th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Hi guys!!

I'm so happy I just have to share. :p

Here's the little story:
I got my hair cut by my boyfriend's mom. She is a movie set hairdresser, not a salon hairdresser. I think both my boyfriend and his mom were a bit sad I didn't want to get my hair cut by her... I've been a bit stressed by it because I've been trimming myself exclusively since I joined LHC (Jan 2013) and very rarely went to the hairdresser before that since I was never happy with it. But I really needed a soft U hemline to make my shorter front piece flow with the bulk and it was too technical for me to do it myself. Well, I am EXTREMELY happy with it!!!

Just for fun, here is my FIRST LHC length shot (taken in feb. 2013)
It was razored all over and very damaged from heat and chemicals. You can tell it was fried up to my ears!!

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa400/magalolematelot/Sans%20titre_zpsj0jnmrzf.png

Now, the cut!! Sunshine shot and closeup!

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa400/magalolematelot/17oct2015sunshine_zpszmnon9i4.png http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa400/magalolematelot/17oct%20coupe%20AnnLou_zps3lzkbzex.png

I talked about my two dreadlocks in another thread and I know some people wanted photos... so here's a bonus pic of one of my dreadlocks. :)

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa400/magalolematelot/dreadlock_zpsbsrecurs.jpg

I feel that for the first time, after almost 3 years, I have LHC worthy hair. Now to longer length! :joy:

Fericera
October 17th, 2015, 03:56 PM
So pretty, and I like the dreadlock!

Llama
October 17th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Looks really good! The U shape complements your hair well.

Pol
October 17th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Your hair looks lovely and it's nice to see a positive hairdresser story every now and again! Years ago my (then) boyfriend's Mum cut my hair in a horror story layers do, so I can understand your initial reluctance! I'm sure your happiness at the results also made your boyfriend and his Mum happy ��

Groovy Granny
October 17th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Beautiful ~ I am very happy for you :)

Magalo
October 17th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Thank you!! :) I was a bit ashamed at how uneven and a bit ratty my hemline was but now... I'm so happy! I shouldn't have the urge to trim for a while.

My boyfriend was like "see??? Nothing bad happened!" :p

spidermom
October 17th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Beautiful result; enjoy!

Groovy Granny
October 17th, 2015, 06:42 PM
That's easy for him to say :p
It would be a very different story if something went awry....but happy it turned out good for you! :)

Ashflower89
October 17th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Oh man I love your color. And the single hidden dreadlock is so cool! I've seen people with rows of dreads underneath regular hair, but never a single lock all by itself. What a cute idea, I bet it would look cool with beads in it. =)

SparkleToes
October 17th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Wow it looks really really good!!! Too bad all people who do hair can't do it like that. :smile::smile::love: oh and you're hair is gorgeous and I love the hemline !!

yahirwaO.o
October 18th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Your hair is lovely and that dreadlock looks very cool! :guns:

Mimha
October 19th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Nice U-shape hemline, Magalo ! :)

And by the way, I love how you harmonized your clothes color with your hair color : it matches so well, both enhancing each other ! :)

I just have a question : how do you detangle your hair with the dreadlocks in ? I mean, isn't it difficult to separate the dread from the rest and not rip in it when you comb/brush ? :confused:

lapushka
October 19th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Looks like she didn't cut that much off, judging by the latest pics you posted! So yeah, fresh ends, fresh start eh? ;)

Horrorpops
October 19th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Beautiful hair Magalo! It looks like you've found a hairdresser who won't overcut! Definitely a find :o

I am also super curious about how you detangle with the dreadlock (which is soooo cute by the way)

Magalo
October 19th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Thank you for the compliments! :flower:

I do have beads for my two dreadlocks!! And I wrap them wit thread, add danglies, add merino wool extension... It's so cool!! Keeps me occupied while my hair grow! ;)

Detangling is easy... I detangle the sides and canopy normally with my tangle teezer, and I just separate the dreadlocks and brush the bottom part without touching my scalp. It made me more mindful of my brushing, I was pretty tough on my hair before. :p

Horrorpops
October 19th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Thank you for the compliment! :flower:

I do have beads for my two dreadlocks!! And I wrap them wit thread, add danglies, add merino wool extension... It's so cool!! Keeps me occupied while my hair grow! ;)

Detanglin is easy... I detangle the sides and canopy normally with my tangle teezer, and I just separate the dreadlocks and brush the bottom part without touching my scalp. It made me more mindful of my brushing, I was pretty tough on my hair before. :p

Oh thats so cool :o and what a nice unexpected benefit - I know I can be a bit harsh when brushing too..... :p

Nightshade
October 19th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Beautiful! I love everything about it :)