PDA

View Full Version : Short hairs are bothering me :/

M.McDonough
October 17th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Okey
I went out today to run some errands, so I tied back my hair in a low bun, that's how I usually wear my hair out cuz it's comfortable, but I recently started noticing those little hairs which are obviously not long enough to be tied back. I don't know if that's new growth or those hairs were already there before but I never noticed them until now. It can be really annoying sometimes. I had to stick my head out of the car window to let the wind get them out of my face lol..

http://i.imgur.com/qYSN2AZ.jpg

spidermom
October 17th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I think we all get those. They're probably a combination of broken hairs, newer hairs, and hairs with a short terminal length.

Groovy Granny
October 17th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Yay for new growth :thumbsup:
I just went through that a @month ago.
Thankfully they seemed to grow fast and blended into the rest of my hair.
There is another batch sprouting now that I noticed yesterday...yay :p lol

Not sure what works for guys....think back to when you were growing out initially...what did you do?

For me, I have used a light spritz of hair spray....or a head band....or did a half up if they were long enough.
Sometimes I just brush them back and ignore them....or twist them for tendrils (a girl thing?)

Perhaps comb them together, give them a twist and bobby pin then back?

M.McDonough
October 17th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Yay for new growth :thumbsup:
I just went through that a @month ago.
Thankfully they seemed to grow fast and blended into the rest of my hair.
There is another batch sprouting now that I noticed yesterday...yay :p lol

Not sure what works for guys....think back to when you were growing out initially...what did you do?

For me, I have used a light spritz of hair spray....or a head band....or did a half up if they were long enough.
Sometimes I just brush them back and ignore them....or twist them for tendrils (a girl thing?)

Perhaps comb them together, give them a twist and bobby pin then back?

I don't think I've done something to them.. Maybe as spidermom said. It seems to be a really common thing. I'll try your tips.
BTW, how'd you know I'm a guy?

Groovy Granny
October 17th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Yeah it is common...for a variety of reasons; thankfully mine have just been new growth!

Oh...I forgot....I have used a texture cream I had on hand too, which worked great.

LOL I have seen your pic before...you have referenced it .....and it says male on your profile ;)

M.McDonough
October 17th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Yeah it is common...for a variety of reasons; thankfully mine have just been new growth!

Oh...I forgot....I have used a texture cream I had on hand too, which worked great.

LOL I have seen your pic before...you have referenced it .....and it says male on your profile ;)

Busted :D haha, thanks!

Groovy Granny
October 17th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Busted :D haha, thanks!
I may be old...but I am a sleuth!:eyebrows:

:lipssealed:My lips are sealed ;)

lapushka
October 17th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately, it's quite a permanent thing. New hair grows in constantly. Your hair is never all one length - because of shedding and the cycle of hair.

Groovy Granny
October 17th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Oh a wee bit of oil helps too :)

Unfortunately, it's quite a permanent thing. New hair grows in constantly. Your hair is never all one length - because of shedding and the cycle of hair.
Yup....just gotta cope lol

Wildcat Diva
October 17th, 2015, 11:58 AM
I think that is what those tiny head bands are for.

M.McDonough
October 17th, 2015, 12:14 PM
I think that is what those tiny head bands are for.

I don't like to wear headbands. They keep your hairline pulled back which may cause it to recede over time

roseomalley
October 17th, 2015, 01:02 PM
I was just upset with mine. They stick out front, sides and back when hair is up. I look messy not sophisticated! Oh my. I have tried a day
B of oil, water , etc. Nothing keeps them from spronging out. The longer my hair grows, the wilder they seem. :silly: We are traveling to Italia, and I am bringing a narrow headband that doesn't hurt the sides of my tender head.

turtlelover
October 17th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I trimmed my layers last week and now I have this happening, too. The shortest layers were finally long enough to stay back in my bun, and now they are flopping in my face again. *sigh* When will I ever learn????

Frankenstein
October 17th, 2015, 09:57 PM
I have the same problem. No idea if it's breakage or newer hairs. Probably both :doh:

vega
October 18th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Okey
I went out today to run some errands, so I tied back my hair in a low bun, that's how I usually wear my hair out cuz it's comfortable, but I recently started noticing those little hairs which are obviously not long enough to be tied back. I don't know if that's new growth or those hairs were already there before but I never noticed them until now. It can be really annoying sometimes. I had to stick my head out of the car window to let the wind get them out of my face lol..

http://i.imgur.com/qYSN2AZ.jpg

I was reading your other post M.McDonough were you mention your ripping out , perhaps the shorter hairs are from when your hair is ripping out or snapping off, try taking time during detanglng an use patience

M.McDonough
October 18th, 2015, 03:57 AM
I was reading your other post M.McDonough were you mention your ripping out , perhaps the shorter hairs are from when your hair is ripping out or snapping off, try taking time during detanglng an use patience

I don't think so, because it didn't happen that many times. I do actually take time during detangling and I only use my fingers. But sometimes, I skip the detangling process because my hair ends up being tangled a little when it dries out, so why bother?