PDA

View Full Version : Sutherland Sisters podcast on "Stuff You Missed in History Class"

stachelbeere
October 16th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Hello, I'm not too sure if anyone has posted a link to the podcast about the Sutherland Sisters - it's really interesting to find out more about them. I recently discovered this particular episode (I love my podcasts hehe).
Here's the link
(http://www.missedinhistory.com/podcasts/the-sutherland-sisters/)
It you're not familiar with them, they were seven sisters who were famous for their super long hair and musical performances. Here is a photo:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zKG9l7tX9G0/T0qcGMx_SfI/AAAAAAAADCM/zCkcr93z_u0/s1600/sister1.jpg

Platzhalter
October 16th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Thanks for sharing :)

Seems to be an interesting podcast in general... especially for history freaks.

stachelbeere
October 16th, 2015, 09:01 AM
I hope you'll enjoy it Platzhalter - they really had a fascinating life :)

LongCurlyTress
October 16th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Hi stachelbeere!!
Thank you so much for sharing this podcast! I always love hearing/reading/seeing photos about the Sutherland Sisters since my hair is the 34+ inches (just reaching TBL) version of theirs! (It's very thick and tends to be frizzy and full and curly!!) It looks just like theirs when I brush it out... Anyways, I loved this and I listened to the whole podcast. There are so many new details about the Sutherland sisters that I had never heard before, so I really enjoyed this.

My goal length is classic but "our" hair can be quite alot to deal with and care for. I definitely don't want mine to get as long as floor length!! shudder: Well, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this. :blossom:

Horrorpops
October 16th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Oooh what an interesting podcast! And what an interesting family :o

hennalonghair
October 16th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Yes the Surherland sisters became famous for their hair and many photos were taken of them.
Thanks for sharing.

stachelbeere
October 18th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Haha, no worries, I'm glad I could contribute with the link to this podcast - it was especially interesting to learn about their more 'eccentric' side when they were at their peak fame :)

Hi stachelbeere!!
Thank you so much for sharing this podcast! I always love hearing/reading/seeing photos about the Sutherland Sisters since my hair is the 34+ inches (just reaching TBL) version of theirs! (It's very thick and tends to be frizzy and full and curly!!) It looks just like theirs when I brush it out... Anyways, I loved this and I listened to the whole podcast. There are so many new details about the Sutherland sisters that I had never heard before, so I really enjoyed this.

My goal length is classic but "our" hair can be quite alot to deal with and care for. I definitely don't want mine to get as long as floor length!! shudder: Well, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this. :blossom:

I'm happy you loved it :blossom: and good luck with getting to classic! your hair really does look a lot like theirs (only a smidgen shorter ;)) these two presenters have so many more great podcasts, if I stumble across any other hair related ones I'll definitely share them here on lhc :)

Norman
October 19th, 2015, 10:43 AM
I have a full bottle of the Sutherland Sisters' hair growth promoter complete with original box and supplement. No doubt, as stated in the podcast , it was alcohol and water mixed, but still an interesting artefact. A few years ago it was exhibited along with other Sutherland Sisters memorabilia at the Frieze art exhibition in London. Does anyone know if there is a permanent exhibition of Sutherland Sisters memorabilia at Lockport or anywhere else for that matter ?