PDA

View Full Version : My Story

longhairjenny
October 15th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Hello! :waving:

Let's see where should I start?! I'm happy to have found this space to support me on my journey, and I look forward to supporting others. After all we are all in this together!

I will turn 40 next year and I'm finally accepting that I really like myself with long hair. Unfortunately it took cutting most of it off the realize this. Well at least I donated it to Locks of Love. I cut my hair because I thought it would make me look more professional and help me get a job I thought I wanted. This was about 8 months ago. I went from waist length to chin. It did not get me the job I thought I wanted. Now I am focusing on being authentically me and things are falling into place beautifully with my career. I have a wonderful family and a great life. My hair will grow back. It's easy to obsess over it though. Right?!?! I know you all understand! My hair is healthy, no dye, and I love my silver highlights, and I'm healthy. I try to focus on the good.

MotherofJames
October 16th, 2015, 02:57 PM
I really enjoyed reading your Story :-) I am 34 in March and going through the same thing. I would like to be authentically me and am trying so hard to stop pleasing everyone around me. I am also going no dye, and my gray hair is just going to have to come through. I did however, get a stained marker pen for the grays, for emergencies. I had premature gray starting about 10 years ago.. eek. I think thats awesome that you donated to locks of love. you sounds like such a warm heart, family person and I am excited for your new journey as well too! I just joined the other day too!

Newbies Unite! lol! :-)

Groovy Granny
October 16th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Welcome Jenny :)
It sounds like your hair is off to a good and healthy start!
Bring your 'silver' over to the Salt & Pepper Thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951) and join our 'silver sisterhood'!
We'd love to see pics along your journey too!
Happy growing :blossom:

lapushka
October 16th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Hate to break it to you but LOL is generally not well liked around these parts, for being a controversial organization; they do not primarily donate to kids with cancer.

That being said. Welcome! :)

hennalonghair
October 16th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Bring your 'silver' over to the Salt & Pepper Thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951) and join our 'silver sisterhood'!
Happy growing :blossom:what a lovely welcome GG

Hate to break it to you but LOL is generally not well liked around these parts, for being a controversial organization; they do not primarily donate to kids with cancer.

That being said. Welcome! :)
Ouch! Way to break it to her gently Lapushka.
She's right though. Chances of those kids with cancer getting your donated hair are slim to none unfortunately :nono:

longhairjenny
October 16th, 2015, 06:39 PM
what a lovely welcome GG

Ouch! Way to break it to her gently Lapushka.
She's right though. Chances of those kids with cancer getting your donated hair are slim to none unfortunately :nono:

Hahaha! No worries... I can handle the truth! Actually I had been looking around here, of course AFTER the fact, and learned LOL might not have been the best choice. Oh well, live and learn!

longhairjenny
October 16th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Thanks for your kind words! Yup Newbies unite! :)

longhairjenny
October 16th, 2015, 09:36 PM
I really enjoyed reading your Story :-) I am 34 in March and going through the same thing. I would like to be authentically me and am trying so hard to stop pleasing everyone around me. I am also going no dye, and my gray hair is just going to have to come through. I did however, get a stained marker pen for the grays, for emergencies. I had premature gray starting about 10 years ago.. eek. I think thats awesome that you donated to locks of love. you sounds like such a warm heart, family person and I am excited for your new journey as well too! I just joined the other day too!

Newbies Unite! lol! :-)

Oh what a newbie move... see my response below. LOL!!

Groovy Granny
October 16th, 2015, 09:37 PM
what a lovely welcome GG
Thank you :)

longhairjenny
October 16th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Happy growing :blossom:

Thanks Groovy Granny! FOR SURE I will.:o

Groovy Granny
October 16th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Thanks Groovy Granny! FOR SURE I will.:o

Great :thumbsup:

MotherofJames
October 16th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Heehee . I'm such a newbie that I thought you gals meant "LOL" as in "laughing out loud" wasn't welcomed here ...
Until I was scratching my head and realized you meant Locks of Love.

Now that really made me "LOL!"
😊😊😊😊👏👏😊😊

longhairjenny
October 18th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Heehee . I'm such a newbie that I thought you gals meant "LOL" as in "laughing out loud" wasn't welcomed here ...
Until I was scratching my head and realized you meant Locks of Love.

Now that really made me "LOL!"
😊😊😊😊👏👏😊😊

Funny! There's lots of abbreviations in this new world! :rolleyes:

cfan
October 19th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I have donated in the past too. I understand the issue with LOL. Welcome anyways, and I hope your hair grows back fast.

Belle Paix
October 19th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Aw, welcome!! This is a great community to be a part of :)