PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Tips

Spera
October 14th, 2015, 10:49 PM
I went on a cruise in January, and boy did my hair hate the water! I think the water was too hard and I ended up looking like a greaseball the whole week. I'll be going on another cruise this coming January on the same line and would like to look a little more hygienic.

Because some of my hair is color-treated (I have a blue, violet, and magenta streak), I use conventional color-safe shampoos and conditioners. Dry shampoo doesn't seem to help and, as you may have guessed, my hair tends toward the oily side. I typically wish every 2-4 days.

My hair is fine, slippery, straight, and thick (1b/F/iii).

I've considered bringing water on board to use as a final rinse, but it would take many gallons even if I only washed once on the seven day journey.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

mz_butterfly
October 14th, 2015, 11:09 PM
You could try washing daily while on the cruise or wash with a stronger shampoo.

Maybe you could get a filter for the showerhead or a pitcher that filters water, or both.

Whatever the case, have fun! :)

SparkleToes
October 15th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Ohh I like the water filter idea! Maybe you could use a clarifying shampoo I have one from herbal essences and it's really good for a $3 shampoo(though you may have to redo your streaks of color when you get home) . I was in Orlando in September and had to deal with hard water and it was terrible on my hair, but it did the opposite to mine it tangled it and dryed it out and just felt "weird". Try to have fun and not worry about it too much . :smile: