PDA

View Full Version : Manic Panic over Hendigo Hair?

LillithTheFirst
October 13th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone has put Manic Panic over Hendigo Hair and if it worked/came out easily? Obviously cause the hair is darker its a subtle change but that's kind of what I want. Like a dark plum or blue tint to the hair.

SparkleToes
October 13th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Well manic panic is a vegan dye that's ppd peroxide and ammonia free. I think it should be fine manic is an awesome company. I like the plum idea I think infra red vampire kiss vampire red and fuchsia shock would be cool colors to look at .:)

Kome
October 13th, 2015, 06:40 PM
I've put it over henna'd hair to get a brighter, richer red and it worked great! It lasts a couple of weeks and then seems to come out mostly, but it all depends on your hair. You could always do a small section and try it for a week or two and see what you think. :)

MsPharaohMoan
October 13th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I put purple over henna (which was over bleached ends) and that turned out okay (Before and after pics seen on this page -> http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133313&page=37&p=3101221#post3101221) . With a dye like manic panic it's going to come out... Over indigoed hair I wonder if that would even show up at all.

Zebra Fish
October 14th, 2015, 02:11 AM
I did Vampire red over henna, it worked great, and stuck there. So I was just using MP for almost a year. The only problem was that whenever it was rainy, moist or too hot (sweat) the collar of my shirt was red :/ But it is still in my hair (been almost a year and a half from the last one).

Winterwitch
October 14th, 2015, 09:47 AM
When I use Vampire Red over my natural dirty blond/light brown hair, it still turns bright cherry red. And it never fades out!
So I don't think you'll have a problem getting a tint in the very least, in fact you might be surprised how bright it can get. Purple Haze will probably give you the exact plum color you're looking for (google Purple Haze on Unbleached Hair.) You might also try Hot Hot Pink, it goes really well over unbleached hair, turning it into a Barney kind of purple. Might go good over hendigo.
In my experience, Ultraviolet and Bad Boy Blue fade really fast to a blue-gray color over bleached hair very fast, so it might be an even worse choice for hendigo'd hair.

LillithTheFirst
October 15th, 2015, 06:45 PM
I've actually decided to put in Manic Panic Enchanted Forest (Dark Emerald Green) to a section of hair at my right temple. I'll update to let you know how it goes over the hendigo.

coffinhert
October 20th, 2015, 11:34 PM
I used Punky Colors "plum" and "violet" 2 years ago. The plum is blue-purple and never fully came out. There is a greenish tint to my hair where the blue is still stained. The violet is purple and came out completely. I have medium brown hair with henna.