PDA

View Full Version : When do you "do" your hair?

lapushka
October 13th, 2015, 11:45 AM
With "do" your hair, I mean *wash* your hair. Is it once a week, twice a week, more times a week? Is it on a fixed day? When is it?

My wash day is *every* Sunday. I also keep a Sunday-blog about the products / routine I use. This is so I remember what I used, and how it worked on my hair, if it was good to detangle. My routine is WCC, and I have found a perfect second conditioner, but not first. So... we'll see...

When's your special wash/pamper day?

missrandie
October 13th, 2015, 12:02 PM
It used to be every Thursday and Sunday, but I have started just washing when I really need to. I actually haven't kept track in a while!

Zesty
October 13th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I wash every three days, so roughly twice a week. Sometimes I'll wash a day early or a day late if it'll be more convenient to wash on a certain day. Almost always in the morning.

Nique1202
October 13th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I usually say every 4-6 days because sometimes it feels awful in 4 days and sometimes I can go nearly a week before I really need to scrub. I prefer not to keep to a schedule right now, because I don't need to and because my activity level and greasiness varies so much, but when I find work I'll probably try to establish a schedule again so I don't end up with wet or greasy hair all day at work.

Nadine <3
October 13th, 2015, 12:22 PM
I don't have a set day. I wash when it's dirty and it varies based on my activity level and the weather, and even hormones and where I am in my cycle. Sometimes I wash if it doesn't feel dirty, but I know it will in the morning and I have to be somewhere early and that's the extent of my planning. Sometimes I wash at night, sometimes in the morning...

Eastbound&Down
October 13th, 2015, 12:34 PM
My wash day is Saturday, I do my weekly oil treatment on my scalp in the morning, leave it on all day and wash it out with CWC in the evening. It's my pamper day, I have it up in a bun every other day for work, so it doesn't get much more than a quick scalp massage and finger comb the other days.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 13th, 2015, 12:38 PM
I usually wash on a Wednesday and a Saturday, but since we are travelling at the moment that may be disrupted. I always look forward to wash day because that is when my hair looks its best.

Arctic
October 13th, 2015, 12:41 PM
I wash every 24–48 hours, approximately. Lately more and more in the evenings, right before going to sleep. This has been a big change, I was a morning showerer for a long time.

When I start a new experiment I often record everything in detail for few times, but when it starts to be clear it works (or not) and becomes more normal, I stop the detailed notes. Sometimes my notes are in my blog, sometimes they are in the specific threads - ideally all would be in my blog for easy access, but it's so boring to copy my posts.

velorutionista
October 13th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Generally Tues/Thurs/Saturday mornings for a basic wash & go. If I want to do a special treatment or something then that usually happens Saturday or Sunday afternoon/night when I can take more time.

Though, once it gets really cold out for the winter, I switch from morning showers to evening showers so I don't freeze going out with wet hair in the morning (I usually take the bus to work in the winter, and standing around at the bus stop with wet hair is frigid!).

spidermom
October 13th, 2015, 12:49 PM
No schedule - whenever I feel my hair needs it.

gthlvrmx
October 13th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Usually around once a week. I used to wash only on Mondays but sometimes I stretch the time to a later day to wash my hair, like on a Wednesday.

cathair
October 13th, 2015, 12:55 PM
When it's dirty :D That was today! I love clean hair :cloud9:

sarahthegemini
October 13th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I was every other day. Usually afternoon to evening time as my hair takes 3 hours to dry so I don't like to wash unless I know I don't need to go out for a few hours.

Winterwitch
October 13th, 2015, 01:03 PM
It's usually about twice a week, but sometimes it's more or less often depending on my cycle. My hairs seems to get unbearably greasy the day before my period - a couple days into it.

littlestarface
October 13th, 2015, 01:09 PM
i dont have a set day, i just wash when i see it as being too greasy then i have to get unlazy cuz my showers last ages cuz i apply deep conditioners and stay in the steam for like 20 or more minutes. so probably like 1 every 2 weeks or so

Estrid
October 13th, 2015, 01:12 PM
I "do" my hair when it looks too greasy for me to dare to go outside, meaning every 3 or 4 days (2-3 times a week), not fixed days.

I wash on the mornings and currently have a period where I will try different things/combinations almost every time (WCC, CWC, WCC and oil, WC and oil etc, I have so much conditioners that I have to use up because I don't like them!).

/Margo

SparkleToes
October 13th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Usually once or twice a week for a wash but I condition more than that. I wash when I think my hair needs it or I want to stay in the shower longer:disco: even then I still might try to co wash. But Monday or Wednesday have been wash days before. I try to deep co at least once a week though.

Frankenstein
October 13th, 2015, 01:42 PM
I wash on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

restless
October 13th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Every evening because 1: I love the feeling of freshly washed hair and 2: I just cant stand the feeling/look of flat, greasy second day hair on me.

Anje
October 13th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I'm on about a 3-day wash schedule at the moment. I let my scalp define when I wash rather than on a strict day -- this works well for me because how oily my scalp is tends to vary a lot. When I notice that a few inches near the scalp are getting piecey, I make a note to wash it the next chance I get. 2-3 days seems to be about all the farther I can space out washes while using shampoo, even though I'm diluting it a lot. With CO or WO washing, I could get it out to more like 5-6 days in the more humid months, but it went down to about what I'm doing now during with dry cold weather and forced air heat. I'm the poster-child for a scalp that gets oily in reaction to dryness.

xoAshley
October 13th, 2015, 02:52 PM
I wash it every other day. :)

Robi-Bird
October 13th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Whenever it needs it, ideally every 3-4 days. If I put any sort of product in it, it gets washed within a day or so because it looks greasy.

lapushka
October 13th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Whenever it needs it, ideally every 3-4 days. If I put any sort of product in it, it gets washed within a day or so because it looks greasy.

I put product in my hair, but only shampoo touches my scalp, the rest is ears down, so how does that affect the oil? :confused:

Robi-Bird
October 13th, 2015, 03:54 PM
I put product in my hair, but only shampoo touches my scalp, the rest is ears down, so how does that affect the oil? :confused:

It seems to. I conditioner ears down, sometimes chin down and use leave ins and occasionally oil, also only low down but my hair looks nasty in about 24 hrs. That said my hair is only BSL-MBL so it could be too short still for the divide to work as well. I do have cystic acne prone skin in general so I feel like a walking oil slick sometimes.

lapushka
October 13th, 2015, 04:12 PM
It seems to. I conditioner ears down, sometimes chin down and use leave ins and occasionally oil, also only low down but my hair looks nasty in about 24 hrs. That said my hair is only BSL-MBL so it could be too short still for the divide to work as well. I do have cystic acne prone skin in general so I feel like a walking oil slick sometimes.

It's not as easy putting product in BSL length hair - I know that. But even if you only put it on the very tips, and just a few drops of an oil, or... you know product but not a whole lot of product?

Robi-Bird
October 13th, 2015, 04:17 PM
It's not as easy putting product in BSL length hair - I know that. But even if you only put it on the very tips, and just a few drops of an oil, or... you know product but not a whole lot of product?

I think that's what I need to dry. It frustrates me that I have awkward bits (hair that was cut into bangs and DID NOT BELONG DAMN IT) poof out when I bun and so far I have not been able to improve it really without overkill, etc. Thankfully my ends are pretty happy.

yahirwaO.o
October 13th, 2015, 04:43 PM

Yeah same here!!!! Usually I wash every other day or two days at night, that means 3 times a week

Lauraes
October 13th, 2015, 05:26 PM
Every Sunday and Wednesday.

Chocowalnut
October 13th, 2015, 05:39 PM
I've tried not to wash my hair too much. But I really love my hair on wash day only. I wash probably every other or every 2 days.

kaylenfalse
October 13th, 2015, 05:40 PM
I wash my hair every 2-4 days. Many times, I shower at night and sleep on a towel. Is this a bad practice? I keep hearing about silk caps. I tried one but it would't stay on at all (The back of my head is completely flat :lol:).

Groovy Granny
October 13th, 2015, 07:03 PM
I shampoo twice a week; usually in the evening so I can air dry and get a little bun wave action for the next day; it also tames any first day poofiness ;)
Depending on my schedule and need.....on Tues or Wed I do a regular S&C, then on Fri or Sat I focus on clarifying/brightening my silver, and conditioning.

rhosyn_du
October 13th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I shampoo weekly on whichever weekend day I do my long run. I CO between shampoos as needed (usually about twice a week when it's hot out and once when it's cooler), almost always after a run because that's when I'm in the shower.

yahirwaO.o
October 13th, 2015, 10:55 PM
I wash my hair every 2-4 days. Many times, I shower at night and sleep on a towel. Is this a bad practice? I keep hearing about silk caps. I tried one but it would't stay on at all (The back of my head is completely flat :lol:).

I used to do the same thing, but my hair was short and used to love that when I woke up, It still smelled like nice shampoo. Now I wouldnt do it (possibly tangles and rough texture). But if you dont have any problem, then continue. Silk caps are a bit trouble for some people like me included! ;)

Soulina
October 14th, 2015, 12:30 AM
When my hair feels like it needs a wash. So maybe once week. I have gone more than 2 weeks without washing and my hair looked and smelled okay. I have stretched washes for few years now, the longer I am without washing the more my hair hates it when I finally wash it. My scalp is always very itchy after if I use shampoo or conditioner, perhaps my hair is trying to tell me I need to give them up also(I just love how nice they smell). I have also noticed now that I have 10-12cm virgin roots my hair takes twice as long to get greasy and does not smell "greasy" when unwashed.

My hair seems to be happy when I ignore it on a bun.

AZDesertRose
October 14th, 2015, 12:59 AM
I basically wash when my hair needs it, which is generally about every four days.

Knifegill
October 14th, 2015, 01:08 AM
I go as long as I can, usually about 5 days.

syndel
October 14th, 2015, 01:32 AM

Exactly the same as spidermom. Wash as needed. I do not have set days or a set schedule, and since I give it a spray with dry shampoo every morning after about the third day, it stretches really well so it's often well over a week before it gets a wash. Every time I do get around to washing it I alternate between a heavy oiling or a henna gloss.

Zebra Fish
October 14th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Usually between 7-10 days. But if needed (special occasion or "dirty" activity) even sooner. Mostly, when my scalp starts hurting from updos I know it is time for a wash.

tigress86
October 14th, 2015, 04:46 AM
Every three days with no exceptions lately.

browneyedsusan
October 14th, 2015, 07:05 AM
I shampoo when I feel like it, or if my hair acts dirty. -- About every 2 to 4 days? Sometimes it gets it every day, depending on what I've been doing: camping makes it smell like smoke, or if the pollen is thick, I'll wash it.

I style it every morning. Sometimes again at night, again depending on what I'm doing. Fitness class almost always gets a topknot. Going out with friends means I'll wear it down with accent braids, or a half-up. I'll bun it for work. :)

vpatt
October 14th, 2015, 11:55 AM
I wash every Wednesday and Saturday. Mid day so it dries before bedtime. Even short as it is it takes a while to dry. I keep playing with stretching washes but I think right now I enjoy the shampoo too much to try very hard. Maybe I won't like washing it so much when it is longer.

jel
October 14th, 2015, 03:04 PM
I wash my hair approximately twice a week, in my morning shower. After wrapping it in a towel and short plopping in a t-shirt, I put it up damp and go to work. That's fine during the summer, but I feel that I'll have to start lightly blowdrying my scalp soon - it's getting really cold already. At least on a weekend day I don't usually have to go out soon after a shower so I leave my damp hair down until almost dry.

Hairkay
October 14th, 2015, 04:43 PM
I go for a once a week conditioning treatment with water washing during the week. Since it's autumn I'm switching to water washing every other day instead of every day. Soon I'll get to every 2 days. Once a month or two I'll do a henna gloss.

Mainesongbird
October 14th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Mine is Sunday too, wash hair, paint nails night!

Clarkie
October 14th, 2015, 07:10 PM
I usually wash once a week on a Saturday or Sunday. I CO wash and then plop my hair for a couple of hours, then air dry or damp bun overnight. I could probably go longer than a week, especially now that the colder weather has made an appearance but I work until 11pm Mon to Fri...too late to start the washing process and I don't want to do it in the mornings and leave the house with damp hair. Brrrr too cold for that!

kikuhoshi
October 14th, 2015, 07:36 PM
It really depends, but roughly every 3 days (plus or minus a day). I had to do every 48 hours down to the hour before I switched to my goat's milk bar, ACV & coconut oil routine, but now it depends on my hairstyle and if accidentally used too much oil on the previous wash day. :)

bluestar
October 14th, 2015, 10:44 PM
I tend to wash every 5 to 8 days... I hate washing my hair :headache: clean hair is impossible for me to put up!:mad:

AutobotsAttack
October 14th, 2015, 11:49 PM
I wash my hair every 2 days. I rotate between shampooing and cowashing. I work out and sweat a lot everyday so I can't really stretch washes like I used to

dogzdinner
October 15th, 2015, 02:08 AM
Just every week or two depending on when it starts to get greasy. Thankfully my hair doesnt need washing very often coz I am pretty lazy and hate having wet hair!

Alastríona
October 15th, 2015, 02:58 AM
Funny, I grew up with 'do your hair!' meaning brush it and put it up. So technically I do that twice a day :-)

lapushka
October 15th, 2015, 06:08 AM
Funny, I grew up with 'do your hair!' meaning brush it and put it up. So technically I do that twice a day :-)

Oh no no, washing, I meant washing. ;) :p

dancingrain91
October 15th, 2015, 06:59 AM
I have been trying really hard to stretch my washes to twice a week. I wash every three days for the most part. I follow the WCC method with Pantene Ice Shine shampoo and conditioner and HE hello hydration as the second conditioner. I pre oil with coconut oil, do the rinse out method with mineral oil and apply one drop of mineral oil and a small amount of HH to dripping wet hair as a sort of LOC method. I deep condition with L'Oreal Mega Moisture once a month. Whenever my hair starts feeling mushy I do a gelatin protein treatment and follow that with an SMT which I spread quite thickly over all my hair and leave it in for an hour, and then I treat it as part of the W in my WROOCCLOC routine thing. On the bright side my hair is no longer extremely brittle and dry nor is it super tangly. Now if only I could get it to stop being so oily we'd be in business.

DollyDagger
October 15th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I have been managing to stretch it to about 3-4 days :) No set day really.

red autumn
October 15th, 2015, 02:41 PM
i wash them once a week, sometimes once every eight, nine days, when i really don't care about their looks. sometimes i wash before that, because my scalp is itchy, or i walked under the rain.

cat11
October 15th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Every Saturday night :) My hair takes a while for the oils to spread and my best days are 3-6. I love this schedule! Pre LHC it was every 3-5 days. I always thought doing less with the hair was more. Brushing, watshing, whatever.

Martician
October 15th, 2015, 06:43 PM
I try to wash my hair once a week, usually Thursday is the day... I oil my hair the night before and in the mourning I wash it... I'm trying the acv rinses sometimes too

LillithTheFirst
October 15th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Generally twice a week Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning and Sunday Night. I could do once a week, but because I exercise daily it can get dirtier quicker, but no more than twice a week.

RavennaNight
October 16th, 2015, 04:46 AM
I wash in the morning, once or twice a week. Usually it's Tuesday and Friday, but it depends also what my days off are. I like to pamper, so I prefer the routine to be a day off.

*ReiKa*
October 16th, 2015, 05:19 AM
My hair washing routine is based on my work schedule.
My days off change every month so the actual days will change too but it's very systematic since I alwyas wash on my first day back and on my third working day.

rapunzel123
October 16th, 2015, 12:21 PM
In the summer I wash about every other day. It is so hot and humid where i live. Other than that usually twice a week. I can go a week without getting all that greasy but my hair just looks better when it is washed at least twice a week.

lapushka
October 16th, 2015, 12:41 PM
In the summer I wash about every other day. It is so hot and humid where i live. Other than that usually twice a week. I can go a week without getting all that greasy but my hair just looks better when it is washed at least twice a week.

That gets better with length, usually. I don't know how long your hair is right now, but at BSL I needed 2 washes a week. Now at beyond classic, I can go a whole week without washing my hair.

Groovy Granny
October 16th, 2015, 02:31 PM
That gets better with length, usually. I don't know how long your hair is right now, but at BSL I needed 2 washes a week. Now at beyond classic, I can go a whole week without washing my hair.

Do you BBB...and if so...how often?
I had stopped in the Summer with my humid weather curl explosions to avoid frizz, but now that the air is drying and my hair is sleeker, I could start again to distribute the natural oil.
My hair is not oily normally; not sure if BBB will make it that way at WL now and affect my wash frequency.
My ends loved it last year.

Alex Lou
October 16th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I have been very successful with stretching my washes and am now perfectly comfortable only washing every 2 weeks. I don't have a specific wash day, but look for a day when I have the free time to let it air dry without having to sleep on it wet. It often goes more than 2 weeks if I'm busy. shudder:

lapushka
October 16th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Do you BBB...and if so...how often?
I had stopped in the Summer with my humid weather curl explosions to avoid frizz, but now that the air is drying and my hair is sleeker, I could start again to distribute the natural oil.
My hair is not oily normally; not sure if BBB will make it that way at WL now and affect my wash frequency.
My ends loved it last year.

I don't use a BBB with my wavy hair - at all. I don't want to ruin the texture and a BBB will certainly do that! I don't brush nor comb during the week; only detangle pre- and post-wash!

*ReiKa*
October 16th, 2015, 04:18 PM

It happened the opposite to me. I could easily wash my hair only once a week at shorter lenghts (especially in the time between chin to BSL hair), but now, nope. After 3 days my roots are greasy. Not incredibly greasy (it gets like that after 5 days), but enough greasy that it does look like my hair isn't definitely fresh anymore. And since I do a customer-facing job, greasy hair isn't welcoming. :\

Groovy Granny
October 16th, 2015, 10:03 PM
I don't use a BBB with my wavy hair - at all. I don't want to ruin the texture and a BBB will certainly do that! I don't brush nor comb during the week; only detangle pre- and post-wash!
I knew that...and forgot :doh:

Thanks Lapushka lol :)

Zindell
October 17th, 2015, 02:33 AM
Usually three times a week.

lapushka
October 17th, 2015, 04:48 AM
I knew that...and forgot :doh:

Thanks Lapushka lol :)

Oh don't worry. I can always repeat myself. ;) :p :lol:

Groovy Granny
October 17th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Oh don't worry. I can always repeat myself. ;) :p :lol:
Thank you :heart:
You can count on that with me these days :o :laugh:

Platzhalter
October 18th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Roughly once a week and after swimming. Can't stand the feeling the chlorine seems to leave on my hair and head. Unless it's swimming day, I do it in the morning under the shower... also helps me getting awake, you know.

Ashflower89
October 18th, 2015, 06:21 PM
I wash daily during the week, not because I want to, but because of my gross dirty job and how much I sweat there. However, I don't wash all weekend to make up for it. If I can ever get a different job, my ideal routine would be wash days on sunday and wednesday.

UPDATE: This isn't accurate anymore. I stretch washes every other day now thanks to sweating less at work now that its winter. Might attempt to stretch a second day soon and see how it acts.

lapushka
October 19th, 2015, 09:32 AM
My mom just "did" her hair today. She cut it, then colored her hair to a light/medium blonde from white (hadn't been dyed since May so she had quite the growout). Then washed, conditioned it and put it in a roller set. It's currently drying. :)

palaeoqueen
November 22nd, 2015, 12:04 PM
I wash every three days, so roughly twice a week. Sometimes I'll wash a day early or a day late if it'll be more convenient to wash on a certain day. Almost always in the morning.

Same as this for me.

jazzhands
November 22nd, 2015, 12:21 PM
I try to go as long as I can without washing it, which can go from a week (rare but happens, especially if I rag curl it) to every three days. When I was younger it was usually once a week without any problems.

rags
November 22nd, 2015, 01:06 PM
I try to wash on Thursdays and Sundays most of the year. During July and August here the humidity is so bad that I end up washing every 2 or sometimes 3 days at most. The rest of the year I try to stick to Thursdays and Sundays when possible. I have fine, thin hair. The third and fourth day it has to be up, so when it was too short to put up I was washing every other day. I'm glad to be able to get back (just recently) to a better wash schedule!

Of course there are times when I will change it for convienence (this week, for example, I'll wash on Wednesday so that it will be nice for Thanksgiving on Thursday). And of course some weeks I can't wash for days when I'm too ill. But generally, I try to keep as close to my twice a week schedule as I can.

FallingDarkness
November 22nd, 2015, 02:03 PM
I always wash my hair at night. I always CWC. And I wash pretty much every 3 days, sometimes 4 though if I am lazy. :P
I used to wash my hair once a week but it's harder to do that now that I am getting in a little more exercise.

Arete
November 22nd, 2015, 06:19 PM
I usually wash my hair once a week, sometimes twice in the summer. Usually friday night, though it varies from fri-sun usually.

HappyHair87
November 22nd, 2015, 10:15 PM
I've just started back co-washing daily. My super curly hair was SO dry!! I was going every 3 to 7 days without washing my hair but my hair doesn't like that at all.

So i co wash everyday and i currently have my wash days set for Wednesdays. On that day i cleanse or shampoo and deep condition. Sometimes i will do a hot oil treatment before hand...but my hair LOOOOOVES water! :) My curls look so much better and loopier, I also do not shed even HALF the amount i was shedding! :D And its so much easier to detangle! Woohoo!!

Phanaferous
November 24th, 2015, 02:35 PM
I'm on an every third day schedule now, but with the weather changing am considering a change. Morning showers are a must for me in the summer as I sweat in my sleep (ew, I know). But managing to air dry is tougher when it's wet and cold in the mornings. And for the last week or so, the third day hair didn't really seem to be desperate for a shampoo, so I'm thinking I'll go to a four day schedule for the winter, and shift to evening shampoos.

Dragonwings
November 24th, 2015, 02:48 PM
About every three days? Sometimes more if I've been busy that day. Just depends on how I think my hair looks. If it looks in need of a wash, I do it.

lillielil
December 1st, 2015, 03:47 PM
Lately I have been washing every morning. I gave up on stretching washes because it was making me miserable.

I think I need to switch to evenings, though. I am not enjoying trying to coil my soaking wet hair up in a hat, only to arrive at work with it frozen. I would rather go to bed with wet hair.

lapushka
December 2nd, 2015, 06:59 AM
Lately I have been washing every morning. I gave up on stretching washes because it was making me miserable.

I think I need to switch to evenings, though. I am not enjoying trying to coil my soaking wet hair up in a hat, only to arrive at work with it frozen. I would rather go to bed with wet hair.

Why not use a simple blow dryer on cool/warm; if you can hold your hand in the airstream without it burning, it's fine for hair as well.

lillielil
December 2nd, 2015, 07:09 AM
Why not use a simple blow dryer on cool/warm; if you can hold your hand in the airstream without it burning, it's fine for hair as well.

Because I find standing around holding a blow dryer incredibly boring, and never have time for it in the morning. I do use one on rare occasion and don't think it harms my hair at all, but as someone who washes daily, I think it just takes too much time that would be better spent on other things.

EbonyCurls
December 7th, 2015, 05:12 AM
I wash my hair Monday and Thursday mornings. I like having it fresh during the week when I'm in the office. I work outside on the weekends, or go hiking, so I just keep it in buns until Monday.

lapushka
December 7th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Because I find standing around holding a blow dryer incredibly boring, and never have time for it in the morning. I do use one on rare occasion and don't think it harms my hair at all, but as someone who washes daily, I think it just takes too much time that would be better spent on other things.

Yes but then if you don't blow dry it is barely dry when it's time to wash it again. Reason enough to be concerned about hygral fatigue.

lithostoic
December 8th, 2015, 01:31 AM
I condition and shampoo (in that order) every Friday. Then I add argan oil to my ends that day and every couple days until it hits Friday again.

Stevy
December 8th, 2015, 06:08 AM
I usually wash my hair twice a week or so before I go to bed, but sometimes I go longer, and sometimes I wash it more often if I've done a really strenuous workout and my hair has got sweaty despite being bunned. I'm amazed by how much less often I need to wash my hair now I live in the countryside instead of in a city. I haven't changed anything else about my routine, but I used to have to wash every two days or it would get greasy.

papayatree
December 8th, 2015, 02:15 PM
I "wash" it every day. However I use a shampoo/conditioner mix every other day.

emilia1992
December 11th, 2015, 04:14 AM
I used to wash it every day, because my hair is naturally very greasy, but I wasn't sure if this was good for my hair.

Then I tried to do 'water only' for a few months, but my hair just shed really badly (and was still greasy).

Now I wash every other day, with conditioner only once a month or so.

Daydreamer.
January 9th, 2016, 02:48 AM
When I first read the thread title, I thought you meant like a special hairdo. Anyways, I wash every 4-5 days.

stelz
January 9th, 2016, 03:07 AM
Every day, occasionally skipping a day if I'm incredibly rushed or exhausted.
When I was younger, my scalp was incredibly oily and I got into the daily washing habit. I also found that if I went too long without washing, I got tons of dryness and breakage. Grease on the top, straw the rest of the way down. Later, I read a book that said some Native Americans went down to the water and wet their hair every day in order to keep it strong and beautiful. So I experimented and found it really wasn't just the daily conditioning keeping my hair from drying out, it was the actual water. Now, even if I skip a washing, I will at least wet the bottom portion in the bath or shower.

I honestly never heard of hygral fatigue until I saw this thread. It may be relevant for some, but my hair gets nothing but benefit from frequent washings. FWIW, it dries pretty quickly. Even braided on a very wet day, it's usually dry in a few hours.

Brunettebybirth
January 17th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Every other day in the morning. I used to wash daily but my hair started looking not that great. So, I switched to every other day, and my hair looks and feels a lot better. If I go every three days, my fine hair looks super limp and feels very greasy. I end up using a ton of dry shampoo which I don't like doing. 48 hours between washings is what works best for me.

curlysamantha
January 17th, 2016, 07:22 AM
I wash my hair about once a week or every 9 days depending on how much time I have. Usually on Saturday or Monday. I prefer to wash my hair in the morning that way it has ample air drying time and school doesn't allow for me to do this. I also do an oil treatment before I wash for about 20-30 minutes

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Every 7 days... or more now that I missed my wash day today :doh:
I need to dedicate an entire day to washing this mop on my head, so it's best done in the morning to give it time to air dry.

ashke50
January 24th, 2016, 02:19 AM
I wash mine every 2-3 days, in the evening before bed. And occasionally during the day on a Saturday, if I need it to be clean but didn't bother to wash it Friday night (because it's too much effort for a Friday!)
On a normal wash night I plait my hair while still v damp, and then in summer it's dry by morning, and in winter it's still a bit damp.

b70
January 24th, 2016, 03:32 AM
I wash every 3-4 days, usually needing a bit of dry shampoo on day 3. I wash in the early evening, CWC and let it air dry before braiding for bed (my hair dries fairly quickly).

If I have something planned for the weekend (party, dinner, going out, date) I schedule my wash so that I will have freshly washed hair on that day.

reilly0167
January 24th, 2016, 05:10 AM
I do a deep condition, followed by wash on Sundays.

Wildcat Diva
January 24th, 2016, 09:13 AM
I've just started back co-washing daily. My super curly hair was SO dry!! I was going every 3 to 7 days without washing my hair but my hair doesn't like that at all.

So i co wash everyday and i currently have my wash days set for Wednesdays. On that day i cleanse or shampoo and deep condition. Sometimes i will do a hot oil treatment before hand...but my hair LOOOOOVES water! :) My curls look so much better and loopier, I also do not shed even HALF the amount i was shedding! :D And its so much easier to detangle! Woohoo!!

See, I am having an idea here. I am thinking of a compromise that will give my length the moisture it needs without having to CO my scalp everyday. Think misting bottle use taken to the next level.

Also Steltz's comment got me thinking this direction.

MandyBeth
January 24th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Daily. Have you seen the gross things horses and other farm critters get into?

My curly minion does better daily. Otherwise, she gets incredible tangles that are very hard to get out.

Gaalsong
January 25th, 2016, 10:15 AM
I usually wash my hair on Saturdays. But sometimes I will use dry shampoo on Friday night because of a date or contra dancing, and then I don't have to wash it until Sunday.

sanari
January 25th, 2016, 12:13 PM
I do my hair whenever it feels dirty. I do not really have a schedule. This thread would have been a great poll!

Belle Paix
January 25th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Usually Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays....
My hair gets really greasy if I go more than three days in between.

mermaid lullaby
January 25th, 2016, 02:34 PM
I wash it when its dirty. Usually Sundays and Wednesdays, but if its not greasy I can go a whole week, just put it up in a clip and enjoy a hot bath.

Islandgrrl
January 25th, 2016, 04:24 PM
I don't have a set schedule for anything. I wash when my scalp tells me it's time, but I do get my hair rinsed out with water in between actual washes. I henna when I can't stand the roots anymore. I do detangle daily, though. I hate tangles.

endersworld
January 25th, 2016, 06:46 PM
My hair washing happens about once a week, but sometimes a little less frequently. Lately it's been the day before the most recent warm day, since otherwise, the negative wind chill will freeze my poor hair until it breaks. I also only shampoo the roots and then condition the very ends, which tends to help with greasiness.

RainbowBowser
January 25th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Have I posted in this thread? I'm not sure.
Once a week, as of late, its Mondays.
However I will wash my hair early next week (or ride it out from today (wash day) to next thursday)
because my grad photo appointment.
As a general rule once a week but I revolve it around my life accordingly.