PDA

View Full Version : What to try next?

KittyCatCarrie
October 12th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Hello everyone. :waving:
I have been using my go to favorite shampoo and conditioner by TRESemme for about 5 years because it's always worked wonderfully and smelled great. Now I'm not sure if maybe my scalp has changed or what, but it's been flaky as all heck and my normal straight hair has some frizzies I've never seen before. It has been unusually hot here in Cali recently so maybe I need hydration. Any ideas?

lapushka
October 12th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Is it just regular dandruffy flakes or are they bigger? And is there an itch?

KittyCatCarrie
October 12th, 2015, 03:25 PM
They vary but the largest ones have been a quarter of a inch. (Noticeable enough for my boyfriend to try and pick it off. :O) It's only ever been itchy near my nape and forehead hairline.

lapushka
October 12th, 2015, 03:34 PM
I'm no doctor, but I think you might have SD (seborrheic dermatitis) and not just dandruff. Nizoral shampoo or some other anti-fungal shampoo should clear it right up. You suds it up a little, leave it for 5 min., then suds some more and wash, then rinse clear. You need to use it for a number of weeks, at the rate of twice a week.

I have SD as well, and the larger flakes and itchies are a sure sign it might be that. Also redness, but sometimes that's not present.