PDA

View Full Version : Help hair combing for hair longer than my arms!

Agnes Hannah
October 10th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Help!
My hair is getting much longer now,and I am finding that when I'm combing it, I'm beginning to run out of arm length. How do you comb longer hair?
I section it into two, left and right side, then comb through gently, but am wondering how to manage it when my hair gets even longer?

luxurioushair
October 10th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Do the top half and then throw it over your shoulder to get the bottom half of it. LOL

lapushka
October 10th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Have someone detangle for you. ;)

EdG
October 10th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Use both arms to make a triangle. One holds the hair up; the other combs the ends. :)
Ed

Anje
October 10th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Use both arms to make a triangle. One holds the hair up; the other combs the ends. :)
Ed

This is pretty much what I've started doing. My hair is hand-length now, so pretty soon it'll be necessary to lift my ends to reach them.

Lucky you, Lapushka, to have someone willing to do your hair for you!

meteor
October 10th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Ed

That's kind of what I see happening... It does seem like it's a bit fiddly because this way only one hand becomes available for detangling (the other one is busy holding up the length).
(My length is at upper thigh and I already fear that detangling will get much harder when it's longer than arms as my hair is very tangle-prone as it is. :scared: )

Panth
October 10th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jDpFJBDPPM

As EdG said, you use your free hand to hold the hair up, making a triangle-shape.

Ephemia
October 10th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Lifting up the ends is definitely the way to go. It's pretty easy, really. :)

lapushka
October 10th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Lucky you, Lapushka, to have someone willing to do your hair for you!

It's pretty much mandatory on wash day due to my disability... but I'd rather detangle myself, you know. Sometimes tangles can really snag when using a comb - not so much with the TT, but a comb? Ouch!

spidermom
October 10th, 2015, 07:18 PM
I remember someone talking about wrapping her hair once around her neck to reach the ends while combing.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 10th, 2015, 07:42 PM
...Grow longer arms?

Eh, just ignore me.....:p

SparkleToes
October 10th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Yeah like everyone else said hold it up with one hand and comb with the other.

julya
October 10th, 2015, 10:16 PM
My hair is much longer than my arms and I detangle by my scalp down to about shoulder length. Then I ponytail it, and detangle the rest.

EdG
October 11th, 2015, 08:38 AM
My hair is much longer than my arms and I detangle by my scalp down to about shoulder length. Then I ponytail it, and detangle the rest.The triangle method has its limits. :lol:

Welcome back, julya! :)
Ed

truepeacenik
October 11th, 2015, 09:06 AM
This is when starting at the bottom to detangle shines!
I hold the ends together, several inches up, detangle that slowly (and hopefully gently, but my hair tells a different story), move up until the main length is basically detangled.
Then I get to do the typical comb from scalp that we all see. As those (relatively) few tangles get moved down, I comb them down to bottom of shoulder blade, then as said well above, hold like a pony tail and comb the rest of the way.

When I'm not being so nice, I pull all the hair to the front on one side to detangle.

Agnes Hannah
October 11th, 2015, 01:09 PM
...Grow longer arms?

Eh, just ignore me.....:p

Ha ha love this!! I do have rather short arms, when I get to Classic, i will reach finger tip length a couple of months later!!
Thanks everyone for the advice, I'm not used to these longer lengths!