PDA

View Full Version : Constant Shedding - what can I do?!

carrie30
October 8th, 2015, 04:55 AM
Hi everyone
since my bleach disaster 8 weeks ago I have vowed to grow out my severely damaged hair and not touch heat as much as I can. However, my hair is shedding at an alarming rate. Some hair is breakage, I know that, but a lot of it has the bulb end, so it's from the root. I deep condition twice a week, don't use heat at the moment and don't brush or comb my hair, I just finger comb. My hair is naturally extremely thick but if this carries on I will not have this thickness. Whenever I run my fingers through my hair when dry a handful of hairs come out every single time. When my hair is wet, i could literally just endlessly pull away the loose hairs. I try and be gentle on my hair but I'm getting so upset and angry with it. I take omega 3, biotin, and a multi vitamin. What else can I do? :-( x

lapushka
October 8th, 2015, 05:57 AM
This is something you can only change in the long run. It's not enough that after bleach you cut out heat a few times or try something more natural for your hair. It doesn't work that way. I had bleach damage as well (chemical cut & burn) and hair came out by the buckets. I had to cut back to chin... twice because it seems for me one time wasn't enough and I hadn't learned my lesson. You can only start to treat it nice, no bleach, no heat, no dye, no nothing from here on out and this will take time... lots of time. The damage happened, nothing you can fix or do about that!

You may benefit from protein treatments if the bleached parts feel yucky and mucky.