PDA

View Full Version : Brittle hair and multivitamins

Fresco
October 6th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I've been thinking about why my hair used to be so pretty and supple and strong and why it isn't anymore.. I always used to take (cheapo) multivitamins. So I'll start taking those again, maybe I'll get to see a difference in half a year. What have your experiences been with multivitamins and hair growth? I hope I won't have to cut my hair once every two months because of split ends and CBL hair (can't dust it myself yet).

Arctic
October 6th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Is CBL collarbone length? If yes, this length is brutal to the ends even though the hair is still quite young. The shoulders are rubbing, the clothes are rubbing, and some of the chair backs (like car seats) start to rubbing.

BTW I don't think collarbone length is too short for self dusting. It is too short for Feye's method and other ponytail methods though, i admit.

As for vitamins, no I have never noticed a difference. But if you have a deficiency, and you correct it with supplements, then it might be reflected to the hair quality/health.

lapushka
October 6th, 2015, 01:36 PM
I'm always on a multivitamin, because some meds I have to take can give a shortage in B vitamins. If you have a deficiency, then yes the vitamins are probably helping, and BTW, multivitamins don't have to cost a lot to be effective!

luxurioushair
October 6th, 2015, 04:08 PM
My hair was collarbone too, last time I checked. I'm wondering if you moisturize your hair. Because when it's short, like Arctic mentioned above, it is hanging most of the time and rubbing against everything. I escape damage by keeping it moisturized so it's strong. I guess my habit of plaiting my hair helps too, who knows. If you choose to plait your hair, you will only have the very ends to worry about most of the time.

jera
October 6th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Supplements helped me grow my hair much longer without needing so may frequent trims, so, yes. I'd vote to take vitamin supplements to help improve hair growth and strength.