PDA

View Full Version : What to do about layers in hair ? Help ? :)

stephy190
October 5th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Hey all, just wondering what to do next about my hair. It is about collarbone length now.. slightly shorter at the back but not by much.. there is a thick layer an inch shorter than the length at the back and it makes the hair at the back flick out, was wondering if it would be better to cut that hair off at the back now ? Or leave it til the next trim (probably about 4-6 months from now) Will it smooth out as it grows or will it continue to flick? I have some long layers in the rest too but very little and it doesn't make the ends flick out. I just want the back and front to be the same also :(

hennalonghair
October 5th, 2015, 02:02 PM
I'd leave it until you trim next. It most likely will change as it grows.

Christine_O
October 5th, 2015, 02:07 PM
It all depends on what you want. Yes the layers will continue to misbehave, whether they flip out, or stick out of updos, or whatever. Some people don't want to lose the length no matter what..I'm in that category. I will be evening out my hair when the layers all fit into my bun. If this isn't an issue for you, and the flippy bit at the end bothers you enough, go ahead and even it up. We're each getting there in our own way.

sarahthegemini
October 5th, 2015, 02:11 PM
From your past threads, I would advise you to leave it alone. You seem to always regret it! Please, just leave it :p

lapushka
October 5th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I seem to remember you being the same length (or just thereabout) a long time ago, and you wanting to trim also because of a layer "sticking out". I'm guessing you have trouble getting past awkward stages. ;) I'd leave it alone!

Nique1202
October 5th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Some kinds of hair will flip outward from shoulder to APL+ anyway, whether you like it or not. Put it up and forget it. You should have lots of waterfall, dutch, and french braid options on top of ponytails, gibson tucks, peacock twists, and maybe even a cinnabun depending on your hair's thickness.

Even if you're growing so that you can wear it down nearly all the time, I'd highly recommend wearing it up for a few days any time you get worried and dissatisfied with it, instead of trimming and continuing to set yourself back. Out of sight is out of mind, and it'll look better sooner than you think. :blossom:

Alien Girl
October 5th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Layers NEVER work on my hair... They all flip. I had very short hair last year (a little past chin) and I had the same problem as you. Cutting it will probably make it worse if your hair is like mine. I think you should leave it alone and hope it stops once it grows out a bit more.

LongCurlyTress
October 5th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Just want to say that I am really liking and appreciating all of the supportive comments on this thread. And I totally agree with everyone. Don't cut your hair. If you put it up, you will hopefully forgetaboutit, at least that is what happens to me and then a month or two later you will have more length. Hair grows on average a half inch a month, as long as you don't cut it! Hang in there!! Good luck! :magic: I grew my hair out from a curly 3b chin length bob in March, 2011 so I know how tempting it is to want to cut it, or trim it, but that will only set you back. What is your goal length now?

Groovy Granny
October 5th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Ah...been there; no fun at times ;)

I wasn't always happy but pushed through; just tried to fix it up and forget it the best I could.

I agree with the rest; let it grow!

Once I hit SL I started mirco trims, and then at BSL I finally caved and got rid of the last layer; it was making my hemline all wonky...and me crazy :p

I felt the loss of length a wee bit but once again....just focused on the good points, put it up, and forgot it; it grows back fast!