PDA

View Full Version : Does soft hair mean it has enough moisture?

diddiedaisy
October 3rd, 2015, 07:56 PM
I was just wondering if soft hair means it has enough moisture? I'm asking as I am presuming my hair needs more moisture and less protein due to low elasticity.

However, my hair is really soft, even when I clarify and dry it without adding a conditioner because I am going to do a treatment, it is surprisingly tangle free and soft. I might add though that it is not as soft by the end of the day!!!

Thanks

dancingrain91
October 3rd, 2015, 10:32 PM
It says under your hair type you have fine hair and healthy fine hair is extremely soft. Usually it has had too much moisture if it feels mushy and elastic but it sounds like yours is just healthy. And while I pre oil and double condition my hair and use a detangling leave in there are many people with this hair type who skip conditioner or only use a light one. I'd just pay attention to your hair's condition to see what it needs.

spidermom
October 3rd, 2015, 11:55 PM
No help from me because I confess that I have a hard time with the description of soft applied to hair. I'm not sure what people mean. To me, soft is more applicable to things like pillows or mattresses, as in there's a lot of give when you press them; they're squishy.

diddiedaisy
October 4th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Thanks dancingrain91.

Spidermom, maybe the term I should have used is silky. However, when I touch my hair in its natural wavy state it does feel soft as I don't stroke it, I sort of pat it or scrunch it. That gives it the 3d feel like a pillow, if that makes sense!!! :)

lapushka
October 4th, 2015, 09:15 AM
I'd not mess with what you're doing if your hair is soft afterwards, means you're doing something right!

diddiedaisy
October 4th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Thankyou Lapushka

spidermom
October 4th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Thanks dancingrain91.

Spidermom, maybe the term I should have used is silky. However, when I touch my hair in its natural wavy state it does feel soft as I don't stroke it, I sort of pat it or scrunch it. That gives it the 3d feel like a pillow, if that makes sense!!! :)

I was petting the cat this morning and thought something about how soft her fur is, and EUREKA! The light came on. Yes, I think that soft feeling is a good sign.

AutobotsAttack
October 4th, 2015, 01:20 PM
my hair is like always soft. No matter what, it can be dry as a cracker, but still be soft, but I do have fine hair, but most of the time if I moisturize my hair and accompany it with a little bit of protein, and seal with a good oil, im usually good afterwards. So id day keep up your routine, but maybe help seal it in better with a nice oil?

diddiedaisy
October 5th, 2015, 12:47 PM
my hair is like always soft. No matter what, it can be dry as a cracker, but still be soft, but I do have fine hair, but most of the time if I moisturize my hair and accompany it with a little bit of protein, and seal with a good oil, im usually good afterwards. So id day keep up your routine, but maybe help seal it in better with a nice oil?

Thank you, I'd better keep up my moisture routine then :)