PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Flash Bun Styles For Dance Lessons

nastasska
October 9th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I need some ideas for secure but sensational Bun Styles for my Flamenco Classes

Help:confused:

Islandgrrl
October 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM
HI Nastasska! I don't have any pictures, but I do have a couple of ideas!

1. A low braided nape of the neck bun, secured with either little mini-claw clips or Good Days pins for strong hold.

2. A chignon off to one side, behind an ear, once again, on the low side, secured the same way. It could be braided or not.

3. Not sure how authentic it would be for Flamenco, but Heidi braids have gotten me through many a dance class without hair whipping anyone!

Xi
October 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I find a braided nautilus bun, well pinned, to be pretty secure. It doesn't have anything sticking out to poke you or someone else, either. I'm too clumsy for dancing, but someone told me I looked like a dancer once when I was wearing this bun...;)

misstwist
October 9th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I think a beebutt bun either in the back at the nape or off to one side would look flashy, too.

nastasska
October 10th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Great Ideas:) I don't know how to do a Nautilus Bun though is it very tricky

SweetPea88
October 10th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Here's a great video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=466690622319220011&q=nautilus+bun&ei=X5OISMSDMKeuqQK_wPTPCg) from Hypnotica for the nautilus bun!

nastasska
October 11th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Thank You:)

Better get practicing

Xi
October 12th, 2008, 02:58 PM
To avoid the need for a hairstick, I usually put my hair in an English braid, and then follow Hypnotica's marvellous instructions, securing the bun with two big pins.

spidermom
October 12th, 2008, 03:35 PM
This bun survives long walks with the dogs and house work. I've never tried it for dancing.
1) Gather hair for ponytail at lower third of scalp.
2) With hand holding ponytail, stick out 2 fingers.
3) Wrap 2 loops of hair around the fingers.
4) After 2nd loop, pass remaining hair between scalp and hand, downward under base of ponytail, then up the other side, wrap remaining hair around base of ponytail.
5) Find the space between the 2 loops and press one loop toward the left and one loop toward the right.
6) Pass fork or stick(s) down through the center of one loop, under the base of the ponytail where the extra wrapped length is located, then up through the second loop.

WavyGirl
October 13th, 2008, 06:45 AM
It's not really a bun, but this (http://www.ukhairdressers.com/diy/coil.asp) looks like it would hold rock solid and it's certainly eye-catching.

Fencai
October 13th, 2008, 06:57 AM
It's not really a bun, but this (http://www.ukhairdressers.com/diy/coil.asp) looks like it would hold rock solid and it's certainly eye-catching.

woah! that's really cool!

wendyg
October 13th, 2008, 11:05 AM
nastasska: look on ballet sites for advice on this. Those dancers have to follow fairly strict rules about keeping their hair up and perfectly in place through vigorous and varied movements, and buns are a ballet standard. Most ballet dancers wear the bun high on the crown of the head.

wg