PDA

View Full Version : Should I get my hair trimmed?

Madeleine13
October 2nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
I was told on here that I was getting my hair trimmed too much so I stopped trimming it. I have quite healthy hair and the only hear I use on it is a hairdryer when it's cold but I drip dry it as much as I can and I've never died it. I have gone ten months now without a trim and was just wondering if I should get a trim or shall I leave it longer. I think it has started growing a tiny bit since I stopped trimming it. I use to get it trimmed once every couple of months.

xoAshley
October 2nd, 2015, 01:53 PM
Hi Madeleine :)

I would say examine the overall condition of your hair. You said it looks quite healthy; how are the ends? That's usually what determines if it is time to trim for me. If your ends are generally healthy, I would leave it alone, and just S&D the few splits you find. If you are seeing a ton of breakage, then I suggest a trim :) But if your ends are truly healthy, then absolutely no need to loose any length! :D

Madeleine13
October 2nd, 2015, 02:05 PM
Hi Madeleine :)

I would say examine the overall condition of your hair. You said it looks quite healthy; how are the ends? That's usually what determines if it is time to trim for me. If your ends are generally healthy, I would leave it alone, and just S&D the few splits you find. If you are seeing a ton of breakage, then I suggest a trim :) But if your ends are truly healthy, then absolutely no need to loose any length! :D

How do you tell if they are healthy?

xoAshley
October 2nd, 2015, 02:22 PM
In my opinion, I would say if you don't see any split ends, or at least not a lot of them, and the ends don't feel significantly rougher than the rest of your hair, than you are fine. :)

gthlvrmx
October 2nd, 2015, 02:23 PM
Do you mean you dip dye your hair or "drip dry" it as in air drying? If your ends have many split ends and white dots or are damaged, then you might want to get a trim to get rid of them. You can also do S&D to get rid of individual split ends and white dots.

Madeleine13
October 2nd, 2015, 02:24 PM
This a photo I've taken of the ends of my hair. What do you think about them? Do you think they look like they need a trim or do you think they don't just yet?

http://i57.tinypic.com/34jbosp.jpg

xoAshley
October 2nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
and by the ends of your hair feeling rough, I mean the last couple inches, sometimes they start to feel rougher and not quite as soft as the rest of your hair, at least that was the case for me (back when I used to straighten my hair in high school, I suspect the heat damage had a lot to do with it). But always try a good deep condition first if that is the case with you, since you don't use heat often you would probably just need more moisture.

lapushka
October 2nd, 2015, 02:26 PM
If you don't have any white dots or splits, you can go without a trim fine!

xoAshley
October 2nd, 2015, 02:26 PM
From what I can tell your ends look pretty healthy to me!

gthlvrmx
October 2nd, 2015, 02:27 PM
This a photo I've taken of the ends of my hair. What do you think about them? Do you think they look like they need a trim or do you think they don't just yet?

http://i60.tinypic.com/a9pwn7.jpg

Your ends look fine to me! If they feel rough, you can try clarifying your hair, and then doing a SMT and then oil your hair while it is wet. That might fix the rough end feeling. Your ends don't look like they have many split ends or white dots.

Madeleine13
October 2nd, 2015, 02:29 PM
Drip dry as in letting it air dry.

Madeleine13
October 2nd, 2015, 02:32 PM
Your ends look fine to me! If they feel rough, you can try clarifying your hair, and then doing a SMT and then oil your hair while it is wet. That might fix the rough end feeling. Your ends don't look like they have many split ends or white dots.

Okay, thank you for your help. I've just felt them and I don't think they feel rough.

Madeleine13
October 2nd, 2015, 02:36 PM
I don't think my ends look split but what do you think from looking at the photo?

Madeleine13
October 2nd, 2015, 02:37 PM
Thank you :)

xoAshley
October 2nd, 2015, 02:37 PM
They don't look split at all to me, they look very healthy and shiny! I say continue to wait on trimming for awhile, your hair looks perfectly fine now:)

Madeleine13
October 2nd, 2015, 02:38 PM
Thank you so much everyone! You have been so helpful! :)

xoAshley
October 2nd, 2015, 02:39 PM
You are so welcome!!! That is what we are all here for, to help each other towards our goals! :)

Madeleine13
October 2nd, 2015, 02:42 PM
You are so welcome!!! That is what we are all here for, to help each other towards our goals! :)

I won't trim it then. Thank you! :)

xoAshley
October 2nd, 2015, 02:43 PM
I won't trim it then. Thank you! :)

Good idea :D And you're welcome!

spidermom
October 2nd, 2015, 05:49 PM
Agree - your ends don't look rough, dry, or damaged in any way. Grow on!

applecinn
October 2nd, 2015, 09:29 PM
I'm late to the party... but I agree with the others. No trim. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
October 2nd, 2015, 10:30 PM
Your ends look fine to me. Just carry on growing :)

yahirwaO.o
October 3rd, 2015, 09:54 PM
The look mighty fine to me. Look very similar to mine somehow!!!!:cool: