PDA

View Full Version : My Bangs look Weird

Amahaitz
October 2nd, 2015, 12:31 PM
I trimmed them, and now they look weird. Does anyone know what I could do to fix them? Thanks in advance! :)

Amahaitz
October 2nd, 2015, 12:33 PM
I apologize for the awful picture. I'm also having a bloated, tired, not very cheerful day.

Kaelbu
October 2nd, 2015, 12:35 PM
Maybe they're a little too thin/wispy? I'm not sure, actually. I'm not a good person to give advice, my bangs look weird, too (just cut them myself Monday). But I'm pretty sure my issue is that they're too short. Yours seemlong enough.

diamond_storm
October 2nd, 2015, 12:51 PM
Hmmmmmm, they don't look weird to me!

I trim my bangs very methodically and do it the EXACT same way every time so that they turn out right. Even so, I feel like they always look really weird for a day or two after I've cut them and after that they look nice. I'm not sure what it is. Honestly, I would give it a few days and maybe do a wash to get them to settle. If you don't want to wash all of your hair, just wash your bangs.

gustavonut
October 2nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
They look good to me.. :couch: Depends on which aspect you think is weird really :o sorry I'm not any help at all x.x

Amahaitz
October 2nd, 2015, 01:40 PM
I can't pinpoint it exactly. Maybe they're too long? Too flippy? That one random strand that's flipping above the rest looks strange, but if I comb it down, that looks strange too.

Arctic
October 2nd, 2015, 02:44 PM
If this is the first time (in a while or ever) that you have bangs, they might just need some time for your hair getting used to which direction you want it to flow. After washing and styling them you'll see better how they look. Many people do need to heat style their bangs, you could try that too if you still aren't quite happy with them.

vega
October 2nd, 2015, 03:35 PM
It's ok and they will grow out

turtlelover
October 2nd, 2015, 04:17 PM
It is hard to tell from just one photo, but it might be that they are a little bit too long and wavy to be blunt bangs, but a little too thin and wispy to be side bangs. What are you aiming for?

spidermom
October 2nd, 2015, 05:21 PM
Give them a few days to settle in, then reconsider. My wavy bangs look best if they're a little bit layered. The stylist who trimmed them last time said that the trick was to catch that wave going in the direction you want and cut it right there. This is how they turned out with her method (which was free by the way - no charge for bangs trimming at J.C. Penney's salon).
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/a02bb3d2-a3a6-40f2-b6e1-bcbf80db40ed_zpsyu0s1j2h.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/a02bb3d2-a3a6-40f2-b6e1-bcbf80db40ed_zpsyu0s1j2h.jpg.html)

ReadingRenee
October 2nd, 2015, 07:04 PM
Love your bangs spidermom! OP yes give them time. I am always cutting my bangs too short because they look weird right after I do them so then I try to cut more to "fix" them and then I regret it. It does seem to take a few days to settle.

Deborah
October 2nd, 2015, 10:45 PM
I think they are just too long. Trim off about an inch, and they should look pretty good.

spidermom
October 2nd, 2015, 11:39 PM
Love your bangs spidermom! OP yes give them time. I am always cutting my bangs too short because they look weird right after I do them so then I try to cut more to "fix" them and then I regret it. It does seem to take a few days to settle.

Thank you. The stylist did a great job.

ReadingRenee
October 3rd, 2015, 12:23 PM
hmmm... maybe one of these days I should go to an actual stylist to get bangs instead of hacking them of myself. :lol: I haven't had a stylist cut my bangs since I was about 10 years old and begged for bangs.

Robot Ninja
October 3rd, 2015, 01:26 PM
They look like they're a bit long for straight-across bangs, and too straight-across for side bangs.

Spidermom, your bangs look awesome!

Tobasco
October 3rd, 2015, 03:26 PM
I think they just look a little bit long for straight-across bangs. I cut mine in an upside-down U-shape and then dry them on a barrel-brush (cool air setting on my blow-fryer) so that I look a little like Tenile (of "the Captain and" fame) but then they behave really well for me. I don't think the SIDES of mine, the longest parts of my bangs, are as long as yours are all the way across. But it takes nerve to cut them shorter, I remebmer that much. :)