PDA

View Full Version : So kool-aid

Natalia
October 2nd, 2015, 05:39 AM
Warning this may be a whole "middle of the night, inspired by a book, mini life crisis thing" but if this impulse remains tomorrow im dragging my bum to target for some purple koolaid and i should probably know what I'm getting myself into.

So.....
1) i have medium golden blonde hair that's been henna glossed in the past but it's been a long time.

2) im wanting to do purple and pretty dark so im thinking 3 or 4 packets in 1/2 cup condish for the last 1/3 of my length (thin/fine and past my bum). Sounds good?

3) when dry what is the probability it would stain furniture? I have a propensity for falling asleep on the couch and need to have an idea how careful i should be

4) when it starts to fade to a shade i don't like what's the best least harsh method to speed it along? Baking soda wash, poo bars, ect.

5) i wash infrequently one a week tops how long should i expect it to last?

TIA <3 Natalia

browneyedsusan
October 2nd, 2015, 07:11 AM
I've toyed with the kool-aid idea once or twice!
Share your pictures and results?

:popcorn:

ravenreed
October 2nd, 2015, 07:47 AM
I used purple Kool-aid to dye a silk pillowcase, and five years later the color is still there. It has faded a bit. I set the Kool-aid with heat, but just thought you should know that there is a potential long term stain.

YellowLedbetter
October 2nd, 2015, 11:25 AM
I wonder with the conditioner as a buffer just how dark of a color one can achieve? It would basically be a gloss. I've been looking into using kool-aid as a dye, on account of my daughter wanting to dye their hair for Halloween. We're considering going with a gel food coloring, it can also be found at most grocery stores for cheep. Not sure what our game plan is yet. I might paint it on their hair like high lights/balayage. At any rate its suppose to be a pretty concentrated pigment, and it comes prepared in a gel formula, unlike kool-aid. I looked into Manic Panic, but decided against it. In our situation I want it to wash out.

YvetteVarie
October 2nd, 2015, 11:57 AM
Ff
I wonder with the conditioner as a buffer just how dark of a color one can achieve? It would basically be a gloss. I've been looking into using kool-aid as a dye, on account of my daughter wanting to dye their hair for Halloween. We're considering going with a gel food coloring, it can also be found at most grocery stores for cheep. Not sure what our game plan is yet. I might paint it on their hair like high lights/balayage. At any rate its suppose to be a pretty concentrated pigment, and it comes prepared in a gel formula, unlike kool-aid. I looked into Manic Panic, but decided against it. In our situation I want it to wash out.

Sorry to OP for derailing the thread but I think hair chalk would work in your situation.

OP I am interested in finding out how well the koolaid works out

YellowLedbetter
October 2nd, 2015, 12:06 PM
Ff

Sorry to OP for derailing the thread but I think hair chalk would work in your situation.

OP I am interested in finding out how well the koolaid works out

Not trying to derail anyones thread. Sorry if it seemed that way, that was just my input. I'm also interested in how the kool-aid conditioner combo works out for the OP.

Natalia
October 3rd, 2015, 12:49 AM
Thanks fur the input all! I still wanted purple hair today but target had no kool-aid powder only the previous mixed drink :(. My ride had other places to be so I couldn't check the grocer I might order online. Till then I'll start saving my shedding to test on.

And no worries yellow led better I don't mind :). The chain idea sounds cool I may try it for fun rainbow Bangs one day

Anje
October 3rd, 2015, 08:36 AM
I had zero luck with grape kool-aid the one time I tried it (like in middle school one summer), though I did manage to put blue on my brother's light brown hair and make it grayish for a week or two! LOL

Test it your way first, but if you don't get enough color, try making it extra strong. Other colors probably won't take as much - you know how staining red kool-aid is.

teddygirl
October 4th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Ive tried blue before - major bleeding, major staining. Be careful what you wear!