PDA

View Full Version : growth so far :)

Neelie
October 2nd, 2015, 04:27 AM
so went from waist length, to buzzed pixie through a disaster hairdresser visit and now growing out again!
got it buzzed in april and have not trimmed since, just taking various supplements and aids...
(trialing most of them to see what really helps me most)

- currently on a standard multivitamin "centrum" (for health mostly, yes, needed)
- a hair supplements which has biotin, zink, selenium, folic acid and magnesium (makes for really good healthy hair structure!)
- inversion method for a few days each month (may or may not help but hey, why not try...)
- FAST (fortified amino scalp therapy) shampoo and conditioner (doubting the effects), wont re-buy.
- caffeine serum (plantur 21, helps really well against shedding and stimulates follicles)
- occasional oil treatment (coconut) with head massage (but find it causes too much shedding...)
- using silk pillow cases

i dont dye, i dont swim, i dont style, balanced diet, reasonable exercise, as little stress as possible and 8 hours+ sleep ;)

so i have 5 months of growing done so far, and in the neck where it was more or less shaved totally I now have 3.5" :)
thats 0.7" per month :) so if it keeps going i'll have a nice 7" in another 5 months, so february.

i'll put up the next pic in this thread in february so I can really see the difference!
very excited :pray:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg243/neelie509/BeFunky20Collage_zpso6f77jvb.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/neelie509/media/BeFunky20Collage_zpso6f77jvb.jpg.html)

lapushka
October 2nd, 2015, 05:13 AM
Do you have a blog on here? This might be a good reason to start one! :D :flower:

carrie30
October 2nd, 2015, 05:36 AM
Can I ask, what happened at the hairdressers to make you go from waist to buzz cut if it wasn't planned? Great growth so far by the way X

Belle Paix
October 2nd, 2015, 08:12 AM
You've made some great progress, and it's fun to hear how upbeat you are about the whole process!

Neelie
October 3rd, 2015, 07:47 AM
Can I ask, what happened at the hairdressers to make you go from waist to buzz cut if it wasn't planned? Great growth so far by the way X

Thank you!

Well, from my waist long full head I went to one of the trendy shaved side styles. it looked amazing and i loved it. after a few months though i decided to grow out the shaved part and cut my hair back in a kinda swept layered side look. I had a picture and all, which blended in the shaven side really well to let it grow out again and left a good length of hair on my head to work with. it would have been about 3x the length is it now, so about 10".... but i wasnt paying attention as i trusted her and before i knew it, the hairdresser had taken ALL my hair off with a machine... completely disregarding the picture i showed her and what i had said that i wanted. i just paid, ran out and cried for 2 days.....

luxurioushair
October 5th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Never trust these crazy hairdressers if you want nice hair...they will either damage it or lop it off no matter what you ask for...

Neelie
October 10th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Never trust these crazy hairdressers if you want nice hair...they will either damage it or lop it off no matter what you ask for...

No I think I'm never going to the hairdresser again!! Just barely manage to tie a tiny pony tail at the back now so I can clip on a hair extenion clamp. But it's not great yet. Too many small strands sticking out. Will take another few months till I can wear that convincingly... :(

Arctic
October 10th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Seconding the blog idea, I'd be reading! Great progress, how inspiring to see the natural growth! Do you plan to trim at all?

Horrorpops
October 11th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Amazing progress! :) Your hair is looking lovely! :)

Neelie
October 15th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Seconding the blog idea, I'd be reading! Great progress, how inspiring to see the natural growth! Do you plan to trim at all?

um no not for a good while yet.
and then only to straighten the style a bit to make sure it grows in the direction I want it t lol.

thanks horrorpops! :)

had the next mini milestone today, I shook my head and it actually felt like hair was flowing as I shook it lol.

Ashflower89
October 17th, 2015, 03:34 AM
Great progress so far =) I agree that a blog would be a great idea. Its saved my sanity so many times during awkward growing phases that never seem to end... just lining up monthly shots and seeing the progress. Plus you can do reviews on products you try. If you do decide to make one, let us know! Ill definitely follow it.

restless
October 17th, 2015, 03:43 AM
...before i knew it, the hairdresser had taken ALL my hair off with a machine... completely disregarding the picture i showed her and what i had said that i wanted. i just paid, ran out and cried for 2 days.....

(o_O) This is awful. I dont even know what else to say about it.

I have to add those pixies do look super cute though and with your routine Im sure youŽll be back to long (and healthy!) hair in no time :)

LegoCaltrops
October 17th, 2015, 04:18 AM
That's an impressive growth rate.

<googles Plantur 21 serum>

Neelie
March 10th, 2016, 01:31 PM
OMG long time no update, and i see my pic isnt working anymore ha. im in work atm but tomorrow ill throw up some pictures.
i am SUPER happy with my growth. im wearing ponytails now that swish around and all!!! super growth; from nearly shaven to
swishy ponytail in 11 months! i've cut down on my products due to money mainly... i dont really see less growth lol. currently just
on a general hair complex which includes biotin, magnesium, zink and something else i cant think of, mainly for a really nice hair
structure more-so than growth. then, when i remember it, i still use the caffeine serum, to target my hair loss which i seem to have
more without the serum. and i also use a boar bristle brush now which is a lot more gentle :)

that's it so far. stay tunes for pics! ill try get them up tomorrow :)