PDA

View Full Version : Read The Label!!!

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 03:54 PM
I JUST saw this on the news tonight....O.M.G :agape:

Woman Grabs Builders Foam In Place of Her Hair Mousse (http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/09/30/confused-woman-uses-builders-foam-for-hair-gel-and-the-results-are-hair-raising-258030) :doh:

That poor woman; I expect she'll end up with a buzz cut!

Thank goodness she is ok!

Has anyone ever made a similar mistake?

meteor
September 30th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Oh my God! That's just scary! :run:

Nothing similar ever happened to me, beyond something mild like using shower gel instead of shampoo or body lotion instead of conditioner... But I've just watched this comedy called "A Perfect Plan" where Diane Kruger's character in an (unsuccessful but pretty diabolical) attempt to get a quick divorce gives her husband depilatory hair removal cream when he runs out of shampoo. :scared:

Nique1202
September 30th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I could see this happening if you don't have enough room for separate places for various things. Like, under my kitchen sink is a black hole for anything cleaning-related, cat-litter related, and for the large soda bottles we refill to store water in case of emergencies. I could see under the bathroom sink or in the bathroom cabinet being a storage place for all manner of cans and sprays and whatnot, if you don't have a garage.

Still, my heart goes out to her. I'd probably have a good long cry and then label everything with large obnoxiously coloured stickers or labels to make sure it never happened again.

Anje
September 30th, 2015, 04:18 PM
That reminds me, I gotta get some foam for the basement windows. :lol:

natt i nord
September 30th, 2015, 04:22 PM
I am really sorry, but the picture made me burst out laughing :lol: If it wasn't for the fact that only cutting will get that off - that does look fancy... And now I feel guilty for making fun of her. But I seriously wonder how things like that happen - you would think that foam is clearly labeled??

butterflybutton
September 30th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Oh dear, that is a really bad slip up.

I've used fake tan instead of hair moisturiser before on my plaitnum hair. I'm glad I noticed straight away and washed it all out before my hair got a tan :p

Hairkay
September 30th, 2015, 04:32 PM
The worse bad hair day. Let's be thankful she didn't mistake it for bikini depilatory cream.

AutobotsAttack
September 30th, 2015, 04:42 PM
ive never done anything that bad except mistake the shampoo bottle for conditioner and end up shampooing my hair. Thank goodness that's the only thing Ive done.

Viola88
September 30th, 2015, 04:46 PM
When I was a kid (old enough to know I should have read the label), I put dishwashing detergent (for washing by hand) in the dishwasher. Bubbles everywhere!

ETA:Woohoo! This is my post #1000! :D

Christine_O
September 30th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Aside from putting conditioner in my hair instead of shampoo, I haven't done anything like this...I do remember going over to a friend's house while emergency vehicles were parked next door. I asked my friend what had happened, and learned that the couple had mistaken Ben Gay for vaseline.shudder:

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Aside from putting conditioner in my hair instead of shampoo, I haven't done anything like this...I do remember going over to a friend's house while emergency vehicles were parked next door. I asked my friend what had happened, and learned that the couple had mistaken Ben Gay for vaseline.shudder:

ROFLOL :laugh:

Oh you know that had to hurt :p

Some of these replies are hilarious :thumbsup:

Aside from mixing the conditioner for the shampoo while having a senior moment once or twice ;)...thankfully I have never done anything like that. :p

Viola88
September 30th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I was watching Big Brother 17 over the summer. One of the contestants was doing her hair. She grabbed what she thought was hairspray and sprayed it in her hair. Wasn't hairspray, it was disinfectant.

Christine_O
September 30th, 2015, 05:24 PM
I was watching Big Brother 17 over the summer. One of the contestants was doing her hair. She grabbed what she thought was hairspray and sprayed it in her hair. Wasn't hairspray, it was disinfectant.

Well, at least her hair was sanitary. :p

turtlelover
September 30th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I almost took my cat's liquid stool softener instead of cough syrup once! :/ The bottles are the same size and the liquid is the exact same color, so if you don't look at the front label, it is an easy mistake to make! HAHA

Hairkay
September 30th, 2015, 05:42 PM
I'm hearing another story that the foam in the hair was done deliberately. There's leaves in it too. Apparently this is a homeless woman and she was attacked. The attackers put the foam in her hair. If this is true then this is no laughing matter.

DollyDagger
September 30th, 2015, 07:25 PM
I feel bad for her no matter how she ended up in this predicament...that must hurt too!

Christine_O speaking of Ben Gay my dad once accidently commenced brushing his teeth with it ...He came out of the bathroom foaming at the mouth and eyes tearing...saying ..."what the hell kind of toothpaste is this " lol

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 09:24 PM
I'm hearing another story that the foam in the hair was done deliberately. There's leaves in it too. Apparently this is a homeless woman and she was attacked. The attackers put the foam in her hair. If this is true then this is no laughing matter.

Snopes has neither proved nor disproved it http://m.snopes.com/builders-foam-hair/

Surely if this was a deliberate act done to her it is not funny nor condoned in any way!

It is being reported world wide on major news stations that she did this to herself accidentally...and that was my point...to READ THE LABELS.

I haven't seen any claims to prove otherwise..... but if anyone does and she was a victim.....please post it!

DollyDagger
September 30th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Well at least her hair wasnt very long..it should grow back to that length quickly. Come to think of it maybe there were solvents that could be used to remove it and there wouldnt be a need for cutting and shaving.

Shorty89
September 30th, 2015, 09:43 PM

What is Ben Gay?

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Arthritis cream to rub on aching joints that gets HOT :p

DollyDagger
September 30th, 2015, 09:59 PM
It burns like enough on regular skin ..on sensitive tissue areas it would be like fireants! lol

diddiedaisy
October 1st, 2015, 05:54 AM
That is such a funny picture. Wrong to laugh, but her hair with that look on her face...classic

The worst I've done is mixed up deodorant and hairspray. Both ways round, on a number of occasions. Sticky pits ain't good:)

Ephemia
October 1st, 2015, 09:49 AM
Never done anything like this myself, but I did hear about a man who washed his daughter's hair with hair removal mousse. She didn't go bald, but her hair did come out in handfuls when he rinsed it.

Groovy Granny
October 1st, 2015, 09:54 AM
Oh wow...I'd have killed him...that is abusive :nono:

Diddiedaisy....fresh smelling hair...yes ;).....sticky/stiff pits :tmi:

parkmikii
October 1st, 2015, 10:28 AM
It's impressive, lol. I've never done such a thing as I always look at the bottle of what I'm using but how comes that she noticed no texture difference before putting it on :))

lapushka
October 1st, 2015, 11:54 AM
She looks a little... "confused", to be honest. But I mean, no wonder after a fiasco like that. She did use an awful lot of mousse though, whatever the material. And who goes to hospital for something like that?

Groovy Granny
October 1st, 2015, 12:34 PM
That foam must harden...so my guess is it needs to be cut out?
But yeah....why a hospital; unless there was another issue...drugs/drinking/confusion?
Hope she is ok now :pray:

Groovy Granny
October 1st, 2015, 12:37 PM
I almost took my cat's liquid stool softener instead of cough syrup once! :/ The bottles are the same size and the liquid is the exact same color, so if you don't look at the front label, it is an easy mistake to make! HAHA
Oh wow....that would have been unpleasant :p

I feel bad for her no matter how she ended up in this predicament...that must hurt too!

Christine_O speaking of Ben Gay my dad once accidently commenced brushing his teeth with it ...He came out of the bathroom foaming at the mouth and eyes tearing...saying ..."what the hell kind of toothpaste is this " lol

Yeah that must hurt to remove it for sure!

OMG...thankfully no harm was done to your Dad?; but oh the burn :agape:

woodswanderer
October 1st, 2015, 12:49 PM
I don't think this could have been an honest mistake. I could see how a small amount might go on before you noticed something was wrong, but this looks like a whole can was used. Either she did it while messed up or someone did it to her.

Groovy Granny
October 1st, 2015, 12:54 PM
Well it does spread and swell.....that much I know.
So if she just squirted it on real quick, it wouldn't take much to result in that mess, especially if her hair was wet.

But thinking about the size of the can....unless she was impaired....it would be pretty hard to mix up you would think.

But if she couldn't read....and someone pranked her on the street :nono:

ETA 2018: still no updates to this story verifying it...or not.