PDA

View Full Version : Cooking

Martician
September 29th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Hi you all! This is my first post... *shy*

So... I'm the cooker here at home and after I cook I have classes... Here's the problem: sometimes I get to university with my hair smelling like something stewed... I began to braid my hair, or wrap it with a huge cloth (making me look like Carmen Miranda... :D ) but I'm always suspicious... anyway I was just wondering if you had anymore tricks or so that could help me not being a smelly head...

(I've tried to search the topic but found nothing, if already exist please tell me and delete this)

Thank you!

Thoughtcriminal
September 30th, 2015, 10:04 AM
You might want to try hair perfume/hair mist. It's essentially the same thing as a perfume, but formulated specifically for hair (the alcohol in normal perfume can dry out hair).

http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Sugar-Hair-Perfume-3-38/dp/B000N8CN4U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8 <- this one is pretty popular, but I haven't tried it myself.

jera
September 30th, 2015, 03:16 PM
You might want to try hair perfume/hair mist. It's essentially the same thing as a perfume, but formulated specifically for hair (the alcohol in normal perfume can dry out hair).

http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Sugar-Hair-Perfume-3-38/dp/B000N8CN4U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8 <- this one is pretty popular, but I haven't tried it myself.

Good idea. Ojon has a nice smelling hair mist too which also hydrates. And whatever you do don't cook anything that requires the use of fish sauce. Yuck.

meteor
September 30th, 2015, 03:35 PM
In addition to the excellent advice above, I'd suggest also covering your hair with a plastic cap/shower cap or even your sleep cap or silk scarf while cooking or cleaning - it's amazing how much it helps keep hair from absorbing smells and attracting lint/dust.

Saldana
September 30th, 2015, 06:04 PM
I second the shower cap. I once had a patient who, I kid you not, smoked at least 4 packs of cigarettes per day. This was home health, so it was her home, and I had to go in. This woman even had a cigarette burning while she took a shower - and yes, she would reach out of the shower to smoke it. *shaking my head*

So, what I did was make her the first stop of my day. I took an extra set of scrubs with me, and I kept a shower cap in the trunk of the car with my medical bag. I would put my hair completely up, and put the shower cap on before I went in. When I got done, I'd stop at the McDonalds down the road, wash up in the rest room and change my clothes. Then I'd continue on with the rest of my day.

Worked well....the patient knew why I was wearing the shower cap (and wasn't offended), and nobody else ever said that I smelled like smoke, and I never smelled smoke in my hair when I took it down.

Martician
October 4th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Thank you all for the excellent advice! I think I am gonna go for the shower cap... I don't usually like external smells, strong fragrant smells usually nauseat me (don't know if it's the case, thought...) so thank you but I think the cap suits me better... :D I was thinking on doing myself a cap, for exemple to keep the heat when sleeping with oil... But now I'm considerating doing it in silk... That way I could sleep in it on the other days (?) or maybe I'll do two in different fabrics :D