PDA

View Full Version : Can You Help Me to Refine My Routine?

GrowingGlory
September 28th, 2015, 03:55 PM
My hair is at term, 1c/C/iii, and almost nonporous. I wash it with California Baby Therapeutic Relief Skin Protectant Shampoo and Body Wash in distilled water and comb it with a QueCraft Black Buffalo Horn Comb. I would like to spend less money on a comparable natural/organic shampoo, and wonder if there is a better horn/bone/wooden comb for me that would make my hair look more voluminous and as though I had just washed it. Do you have any suggestions?

AutobotsAttack
September 28th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Well as far as volume goes, I'm not really sure that there are any combs or brushes to help with increasing volume. Espeacially now that you're at terminal length. But there's a natural line of conditioners and products called "Yes to Carrots", "Yes to Tomatoes", and "Yes to blueberries". They are natural, vegetable and fruit derived shampoos and conditioner. They have different kinds and I'm sure there are some to help increase the volume of your hair. And perhaps you could gently go through the length of your hair with a soft BBB?

GrowingGlory
September 29th, 2015, 01:26 AM
Thanks. I will look at the Yes to Carrots line. I have been combing only for about two years, and I am happy to see very little damage. But I miss the way that my hair looked when I brushed it.

lapushka
September 29th, 2015, 05:22 AM
Maybe try Shea Moisture. Whenever someone is looking for something natural I recommend that. It seems to be widely popular and available in most drugstores, so that's easy. It is not cheap though... I think about $10 a bottle (but I don't know how much you get).

GrowingGlory
September 29th, 2015, 07:17 PM
Thanks. I am looking for a shampoo that does not leave a coating on my hair.