PDA

View Full Version : Had to trim an inch

nakima
September 27th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Hi All, Well I finally took the plunge and took off an inch. I have been struggling with splits and dead ends for the past year. I had reached tbl several times but it seemed each time I did I had so much damage that I had to s/d and micro trim to the point I was losing length.So now I have decided to not color my hair any more. It's been 9 months, I took the dead ends off. I didn't get them all but it does look and feel better. I wish I had listened to Medora about 6 months ago when she had asked if I had given myself a good trim because I hadn't in quite a few years and I think that was exactly what I needed :) So anyway I'm back just above tbl again!!! ugh! so frustrating but I feel I am finally going in the right direction. keeping fingers crossed :) I guess I need to find some new ways to keep my hair up out of the way to protect those ends. Any suggestions? or have any of you found that when you finally reached a certain length you had problems? if so what did you do to get past it? This has been a long road to tbl for me and I think it really was because I didn't do any good trims along the way. My hair is blonde/white/grey, fine but lots of it. I eat really healthy and have worked out for years so I think I am just losing length from damaged ends. The last time I colored my hair was January 9th. Wish I had not done it. My hair seems to be pretty healthy with the exception of the ends. Anyway just needed to vent and if anyone has experienced this themselves please feel free to share. Thank you!

lapushka
September 27th, 2015, 03:36 PM
I was there with dyed and bleached ends and never got past BSL, until I gave it all up and went all virgin hair. I'm now classic length and happy to have reached that length (after 10 years of dying, bleaching, and doing all sorts of silly things to my hair).

jera
September 27th, 2015, 04:07 PM
An inch isn't so much at all really, is it? It will be back in a couple of months and stronger than before - right? I'm at TBL now for the 1st time in my life. Sometimes I sit on my hair (accidentally) which is a great feeling. :) I notice at whatever length my hair is, it grows better if I manage not to focus on it so much. Before you know it, you'll be past it and on your way to classic.

Happy growing. You did the right thing.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 27th, 2015, 05:33 PM
You sure did do the right thing and you will regain your lost inch very fast and your ends will be much better.

nakima
September 28th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Thank you all for your responses and Lapushka you are right about all the coloring. I didn't think it was so bad but the longer my hair got the more damaged the ends became so I have decided to stop coloring my hair. That was the only bad thing I was doing to it. Right now my natural hair is at my ears and it is so soft :) Jera and sarahlabrynth than you for your support as well it was scary for some reason taking off an inch after all those years of just s and ding and micro trimming. An inch felt like a lot but I am glad I did it because my hair feels better and even heavier :) when wet my hair still reaches TBL so not as bad as I thought it would be. I was right there with you Lapushka last year, now I'm a year behind :( but thats ok I will get there! lol!

lapushka
September 28th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Thank you all for your responses and Lapushka you are right about all the coloring. I didn't think it was so bad but the longer my hair got the more damaged the ends became so I have decided to stop coloring my hair. That was the only bad thing I was doing to it. Right now my natural hair is at my ears and it is so soft :) Jera and sarahlabrynth than you for your support as well it was scary for some reason taking off an inch after all those years of just s and ding and micro trimming. An inch felt like a lot but I am glad I did it because my hair feels better and even heavier :) when wet my hair still reaches TBL so not as bad as I thought it would be. I was right there with you Lapushka last year, now I'm a year behind :( but thats ok I will get there! lol!

I'm glad your natural color grew in so quickly (well when you want it to grow it doesn't seem that fast ;)) You *will* get there! That's a given!!!