PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Preventing Hair from Blowing in My Face

macher
September 27th, 2015, 02:45 AM
My hairstyle is sort of a Kurt Cobain, Johnny Depp(long hair) style, shoulder length wavy whirly hair.

I work outside in the elements and since it's been windy here my hair is getting in the way blowing in my eyes and face. I put my hair behind my ears but that's only a temporary solution. I absolutely don't like pony tails. I also don't like wearing caps or hats.

Any suggestions of ways or products to keep hair from blowing in my eyes and face?

Thanks!

Mimha
September 27th, 2015, 03:40 AM
Hi macher ! :)

What about taking the top and/or side strands of hair and having them braided, and clip them behind, so they act as a headband ? I think it can be a cool way to have them out of the way for a man... assuming you are one ?^^ It can give a little "native touch" to your long hair too.

Welcome in here whoever you are are with long hair love ! :flower:

lapushka
September 27th, 2015, 05:07 AM
What about wearing a buff (Google it if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about ;)). It's nice, it's not feminine if worn in different ways, and it can replace a ponytail.

Arctic
September 27th, 2015, 05:19 AM
Bandanna or french braid (if you like braids).

macher
September 27th, 2015, 05:39 AM
What about wearing a buff (Google it if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about ;)). It's nice, it's not feminine if worn in different ways, and it can replace a ponytail.

Wow! I definitely can wear a buff! Thanks!

yogagirl
September 27th, 2015, 05:57 AM
Have you tried half-ups? Or, if you can French/Dutch braid, face framing braids work even better especially if you have bangs or layers.

lapushka
September 27th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Wow! I definitely can wear a buff! Thanks!

I'm glad! :) No problem! :D

Night_Kitten
September 27th, 2015, 01:52 PM
If you're OK with braids, a french braid can be awesome for getting hair out of one's way in a secure long-term way (should last all day without having to rebraid)
If you prefer a less obvious way, you could pin the sides and/or top with bobby pins that match your hair color (making them almost invisible), or like others suggested try a bandanna or a buff (which would also protect your hair from the sun as well as contain it, so would be a "2 in 1" solution) :)

Anje
September 27th, 2015, 02:05 PM
How about the typical footballer headband over your forehead? (Edit: Not gridiron football. Soccer football.)

meteor
September 27th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Half-ups (half-up buns or half-up ponytails or braids), buffs, hats, headbands, pinning away face-framing hair, Dutch/French/lace braids or strategically placed accent braids (incorporating face-framing hair).

Torrinpaige did a video on neutral-looking simple half-ups that might be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ByASp2pec