PDA

View Full Version : Parting Ways

TrapperCreekD
September 26th, 2015, 12:24 PM
...... not leaving, looking for advice choosing a part!

Sometimes I do a poof/twist but most of the time I just slick my hair back into the day's style, which, admittedly, isn't the best look on me. I've tried parting my hair different ways but I'm so used to seeing it slicked back that I can't tell what looks good and what doesn't. I'm clueless in the face shape department. The websites aren't super specific and leave me more confused than when I started. :justy: Help!

http://i.imgur.com/fA3QkYi.png

Arctic
September 26th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Is it you, Princess Victoria of Sweden? :eye:

I think a side part might suit you, my first intuitive choice was to part your hair on the left side of the picture (so your right side), approximately at the place where your iris is.

yogagirl
September 26th, 2015, 01:00 PM
It looks like it wants to part there, a half inch to the (your) right of the center. I don't think you can go wrong with a slightly off center part. It suits most faces and looks natural.

luxurioushair
September 26th, 2015, 01:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xxfwG02.jpg
Jessica says a slightly off-center part will work for your face shape too!

cat11
September 26th, 2015, 01:24 PM
I agree with Arctic on the side part to the left!

Nique1202
September 26th, 2015, 01:41 PM
I don't think there's such a thing as objectively looking "good" or "bad", with regard to parting your hair. It can change the appearance of the shape of your face, but still it's up to you how you like it best, not a bunch of websites or other people because everyone else's opinion is subject to their own preferences. You're the one looking at yourself in the mirror every day and presenting yourself to the world. You should make yourself happy and confident, you know?

If you like your hair slicked back, then you should keep doing that. If you want to part it, then just pick whatever you like the look of best, or let your hair part however it likes if you don't have a preference. The important thing is that you're happy with how it looks.

luxurioushair
September 26th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Yeah but she doesn't like it slicked back, which is why she's looking for new ideas.

Alastríona
September 26th, 2015, 02:30 PM
It might depend on what you do with it after its parted. Try a side braid (waterfall, whatever) on the side with more hair? Try styling your waves in a different way? My hair has parted in the centre until earlier this year when I got a 1940s Hollywood 'do for a party, and ever since then my hair has naturally parted to that side (weird). Give it time and see what your hair will and won't do!

cat11
September 26th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Another suggestion: take pics with centre, left, and right, and then make a poll!!! :disco:

lapushka
September 26th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Looks like your hair is wanting to part a little bit on the right side of your head. Maybe try wearing it there where it naturally wants to part and see what that does, whether you like it or not.

-Fern
September 26th, 2015, 04:48 PM
I like Cat11's idea! I have been considering doing something similar... But are photos on the Mane board visible to anyone?

:couch:

lapushka
September 26th, 2015, 04:52 PM
I like Cat11's idea! I have been considering doing something similar... But are photos on the Mane board visible to anyone?

:couch:

Yep, world-visible.

yogagirl
September 26th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Yep, world-visible.
If you upload them to your profile here (instead of say, photobucket or similar sites) they will only be visible to LHC members with at least 25 posts.

Arctic
September 26th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Or you could make a blog post, then start a thread and link to your blog.

Arctic
September 26th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Or, it's probably not a biggie if you start that kind of thread on the private sub-forums.

yogagirl
September 26th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Wait... private forum :confused:

neko_kawaii
September 26th, 2015, 05:59 PM
I can never keep track of which forums are visible to non-members and which aren't. I tend to post pictures of myself in my blog and then link to that in the forums. Blogs are definitely members only.

Arctic
September 26th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Wait... private forum :confused:

I should have said sub-forum(s). I meant the off-topic sub-forums. Those are not visible to non-members

Stormynights
September 26th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Start a part just slightly off center and continue the part back down toward the ear. I love this part on most everyone.

-Fern
September 26th, 2015, 11:15 PM
I can never keep track of which forums are visible to non-members and which aren't. I tend to post pictures of myself in my blog and then link to that in the forums. Blogs are definitely members only.

Thank you! That's a great suggestion. :thumbsup:

TrapperCreekD, I think your hair would look fabulous with a side part, but it's hard to explain how far to put the part... Kind of aligned with the highest point of your eyebrow curve.

Sparklylady82
September 27th, 2015, 01:09 AM
...... not leaving, looking for advice choosing a part!

Sometimes I do a poof/twist but most of the time I just slick my hair back into the day's style, which, admittedly, isn't the best look on me. I've tried parting my hair different ways but I'm so used to seeing it slicked back that I can't tell what looks good and what doesn't. I'm clueless in the face shape department. The websites aren't super specific and leave me more confused than when I started. :justy: Help!

http://i.imgur.com/fA3QkYi.png

I would start with parting it on your right side, not too deep and even a little "crooked" (not a super straight obviously part) to suite the softness of your face and whirls.

CoveredByLove
September 27th, 2015, 12:10 PM
I would start with parting it on your right side, not too deep and even a little "crooked" (not a super straight obviously part) to suite the softness of your face and whirls.

I second this. :D Most of the time, I just let my curls decide my part, since there's no convincing them otherwise once my hair is dry. :p My hair wants to part on the left, so thats what I go with most the time. If I part it wet, I like to start a side part and angle it towards the middle of my head. It compliments my curls and keeps both side more even, so you don't have one side that has a ton of hair and the other side is flat.

TrapperCreekD
September 28th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Wow, thanks for all the replies! My part is a shape shifter, depending on its mood it will be center or off-center left but its favorite is off-center right, as you guys guessed. My wurls laugh in the face of straight lines, what is this super straight part you speak of? :lol:

Will try your suggestions tomorrow!

-Fern
September 28th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Wow, thanks for all the replies! My part is a shape shifter, depending on its mood it will be center or off-center left but its favorite is off-center right, as you guys guessed. My wurls laugh in the face of straight lines, what is this super straight part you speak of? :lol:

Will try your suggestions tomorrow!

Oh, and also, I like to use my pointy Ead to make a straight part. :pins: No, wait-- :D