PDA

View Full Version : Hair when Lounging

DollyDagger
September 25th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Hey Everyone:

How do you keep (protect) your hair while you're loungeing,vegging out, laying around on the couch, unwinding and such..this is a time where parts of your hair are surely touching and rubbing against couch pillows, couch arms..etc..

T.I.A for sharing,
Dollydagger :sun:

yogagirl
September 25th, 2015, 07:52 PM
I usually wear it down when I'm bumming around on the couch. I do make sure I'm not laying on or against it. I just put it up over the cushions or pull it to the front over my shoulder.

Pearly~91
September 25th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Well, I usually let my hair down when lounging to give my roots a rest. I generally let it drape over the side or back of my couch/chair of choice, or just keep it gathered over one shoulder. Or like right now, I'm slouching on an oversized couch, so there are cushions behind my head, I make sure that I don't sandwich any between my back and the couch, but once I'm situated I gather it behind my head and let it sort of pool behind my neck. I like the "pooling" option because if there are cats running around the ends and length don't get pawed/chewed/napped on. I don't move around a ton when I'm relaxing, but if I shift and the hair moves to a place it shouldn't be I just readjust.

woodswanderer
September 25th, 2015, 08:08 PM
I always pull by hair to the side. I never ever sit in such a way that my hair is trapped between my back and the chair/couch/bed. It's pretty much instinctive for me...probably because I've had long hair for almost all my life.

yahirwaO.o
September 25th, 2015, 08:08 PM
I just flip my hair to one front side and sit relax if Im watching a movie. If Im reading or talking to someone I tuck it behind my ears and put it all back. Im just lying in my couch put it over the cushions or bring it all forward. And accurate more concrate answer is I just play or pet my hair a lot depending on what Im doing or who Im with :rolling:

Anje
September 25th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Sometimes it's loose and over one shoulder, sometimes it's in the day's braid or updo. Depends on what I've been doing and what I feel like. And what the cats are up to; my kitten Hope was chewing on my hairstick earlier, so I let my hair down to take it away from her. Now it's back up because I needed it out of the way again.

Madora
September 25th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Always up and braided. That way, no worries about tangles..and it is much cooler.

DollyDagger
September 25th, 2015, 08:18 PM
I've been kind of gently twisting and clipping high up top so that when Im laying down just the underpart of hair is on the pillow and the ends just chill out and flop on top of my head. (my hairs barely bsl so floppage is minimal) I used to pool it. Maybe I should go back to pooling because now Im thinking the clipping up high is pulling at the crown..lol I cant get a very long braid happening yet and a short one just irritates me. I cant stand anything on my nape.

These answers are great guys :) thanks so much :popcorn:

*ReiKa*
September 25th, 2015, 08:21 PM
My hair is usually bunned at home with claws, quick to place and quick to remove. if I'm laying on the couch I 'll do a very high bun (almost on top of my head) but if that bothers me too I 'll loose my hair and put it over the cushion.

Pearly~91
September 25th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Oh, also, one of the reasons I like it loose is the impromptu scalp massage. If it's been up all day there's usually at least one sore spot and my cold fingertips always feel nice! :o

EdG
September 25th, 2015, 09:01 PM
I undo the bun if I'm going to take a nap. I tend to lie down a lot less now that it requires a de-swirl and re-swirl. ;)
Ed

DollyDagger
September 25th, 2015, 09:04 PM
#swirlylife...it ain't easy bein swirly!! Can't even catch some zzzzz's:sleep::grin:

EdG
September 25th, 2015, 09:15 PM
I still take naps. Just casual lying down isn't compatible with the Swirly Life. ;)
Ed

Groovy Granny
September 25th, 2015, 10:20 PM
When lounging or in bed, it is usually in a low ponytail that I put over the front of my shoulder if I am resting back on a pillow/cushion, or flipped up onto the pillow if on my side.

Sitting in the car and at Church are getting to be a problem depending on the style I have;my hair is catching 99.99% now.
Flipping a ponytail over a shoulder is one thing, but if it is in a half up, I am more hesitant to bring my hair in front...though I am trying to establish the habit, and worry less about messing up my doo :p.

Alastríona
September 25th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Pooling doesn't work for me (it scratches and feels uncomfortable) so I'm usually out and flung over a shoulder. The cat thing I have yet to figure out.

Frankenstein
September 25th, 2015, 11:11 PM
In a satin bonnet, just as when I sleep.

cat11
September 26th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Hmmm usually just in a looser bun with a comfortable acrylic stick or a jeter fork :) I find buns the comfiest way to have my hair without worrying about it.

Sometimes I'll put it in two braids over m shoulders for lounging, too. Very rarely I leave it down and put it over my shoulder or loose if there's no chair back.

Like Frankenstein, a lot of the time I put my bonnet on when Im home from work and it's lounging time, too! So, it varies a lot.

diddiedaisy
September 26th, 2015, 10:46 AM
I just wrap my hair in a bun shape and cover it with a claw clip. It keeps it out of my way and well protected. Also good to keep oiled ends tucked away!!

Nique1202
September 26th, 2015, 11:11 AM
For lazing about, I usually have my hair in a spin pin cinnabun on top of my head so that it avoids the very tall back headrest on my overstuffed rocking chair. Sometimes I side braid with pins to hold my layers in place, but I keep going back to the high bun for the sake of convenience.

sarahthegemini
September 26th, 2015, 02:49 PM
In the evening I tend to take it down but throughout the day, even when lounging around, it's up in a bun of sorts with a beak clip.

David W
October 2nd, 2015, 04:35 PM
Most commonly a ponytail which I move to the front if I'm lying down, but my hair isn't as long as many here.

Christine_O
October 2nd, 2015, 05:13 PM
Depends on the season. If it's cool I prefer it down. If it's hot I braid it. Of course my hair has never been much below mbl. We'll see what I have to say if I can get it longer than that.:stirpot::magic:

Sarahlabyrinth
October 2nd, 2015, 05:31 PM
My hair is normally in a bun and our sofa has a back which only comes to shoulder height when sitting on it. So the bun isn't rubbing on the back at all. If I have my hair loose (as it is now, drying) and I am sitting in a chair, like now, I lean forward so my hair is resting down my back but not touching the chair, or I bring my hair to the front over my shoulder and rest it on my lap.

If I want to lie down I put my sleeping cap on.