PDA

View Full Version : Rapunzel's Delight and LHC

Groovy Granny
September 25th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I was browsing long hair forums and came across Rapunzel's Delight
http://www.rapunzelsdelight.com/feed_forums/long_hair_community.html

What caught me by surprise is seeing our LHC posts on that page with a link back to the LHC forum.

Is this person/site connected to LHC formally?

Some of the posts were from areas of LHC that are not available to the public (swap board).

There are also member pictures posted publicly; maybe they have it set like that?

And are all our posts here...posted there?

Thoughtcriminal
September 25th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Huh... that's a little odd.

This post is on there too now :eek:

Groovy Granny
September 25th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Good ...caught in the act :p

I pm'd Stephanie and a mod to get an answer.

It picks up all the new threads; even those in PRIVATE areas.

Arctic
September 25th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Swap board is a public board, FYI.

Groovy Granny
September 25th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Is it?
Funny...when I was not logged in it told me I had to be to view it :confused:

Arctic
September 25th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Oh, when I just tested to make sure before I posted, and logged out from LHC I could access swap board normally. Weird.

Groovy Granny
September 25th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Oh, when I just tested to make sure before I posted, and logged out from LHC I could access swap board normally. Weird.
And when I just checked ....I could see it...logged off on another browser lol

OK... scratch that one :p lol

Arctic
September 25th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Lol, good thing we figured out what that glitch was!

I think only community meets and off-topic areas are private.

Anyway, not sure what to make of that website's LHC feed. Seems like even photos are showing up there. It should be, to my understanding, that only photos hosted elsewhere and not in LHC albums would show up there. Anyway goes to show that nothing we post on internet is really private, and we should be careful what we post. ETA: In a hair-friendly website like that, LHC posts seem fine to me in case that kind of mirroring of our posts is considered ok (I don't know if it is, but I do know this is a nice site and is being linked often from LHC over the yeasr). BUt basically even malicious, not so friendly sites could show our feed, maybe in a not so innocent contexts.

Groovy Granny
September 25th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Lol, good thing we figured out what that glitch was!

I think only community meets and off-topic areas are private.

Anyway, not sure what to make of that website's LHC feed. Seems like even photos are showing up there. It should be that only photos hosted elsewhere and not in LHC albums would show up there. Anyway goes to show that nthing we post on internet is really private, and we should be careful what we post.

For sure :thumbsup:

Anje
September 25th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Well now, that's weird. Really weird.

No, to my knowledge there are no specific ties to Rapunzel's Delight.

ETA: It does look like it's limited to what's publicly visible on the site, for what that's worth.

Groovy Granny
September 25th, 2015, 04:35 PM
It seems like only NEW threads are posted...and that page holds up to at least 12....then the oldest is dropped when another new thread is posted.
And yes....Public pics get posted as well...whether it is LHC, photobucket etc

cathair
September 25th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Looks like it's still partially under construction? If you go to the front page: http://www.rapunzelsdelight.com/

Bill D.
September 25th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Looks like it's still partially under construction? If you go to the front page: http://www.rapunzelsdelight.com/

The site goes back many years, at least 12.

Groovy Granny
September 25th, 2015, 09:55 PM
The site goes back many years, at least 12.

Yeah, I saw that noted somewhere when I was poking around; I forget where now lol

AutobotsAttack
September 25th, 2015, 10:28 PM
okay that's extremely weird. And kind of creepy honestly. I wonder how they are pretty much literally feeding off of what goes on here at LHC :/

Groovy Granny
September 25th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Yeah I found it weird!
Initially I thought it was a member's blog when I saw her pics....then I saw the other new posts :agape:

Pearly~91
September 25th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I went over there and looked around a bit. I found it to be really creepy. shudder: There were some links to some of our member's pics (on public sites) in the "guestbook".
There's a sister site too, called rapunzelsemporium, which is also under construction and looks to be geared toward selling.
I'd be interested to see if Stephanie has any objection to the lhc feed. It seems like there would be some legality there. The forum is public access (partially,) but she owns it, so...

Aside from that though, if you read the webmaster's story over there, it's really sad.

Groovy Granny
September 26th, 2015, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I went over there and looked around a bit. I found it to be really creepy. shudder: There were some links to some of our member's pics (on public sites) in the "guestbook".
There's a sister site too, called rapunzelsemporium, which is also under construction and looks to be geared toward selling.
I'd be interested to see if Stephanie has any objection to the lhc feed. It seems like there would be some legality there. The forum is public access (partially,) but she owns it, so...

Aside from that though, if you read the webmaster's story over there, it's really sad.
I pm'd gumball and Stephanie.

Yes his story is very sad!

It's one thing to link to a site...and another to have a live feed of their posts!

Arctic
September 30th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Bumped into this site, which also shows our latest posts and some other info, for example who has been the most active during the past week (moi is on the list also :p).

http://boardreader.com/fp/The_Long_Hair_Community_Helpin_15018/The_Mane_Forum_13475.html

I guess all kinds of different sites might pull up our posts or stream them. Not very comfortable, but ...

DollyDagger
September 30th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Bumped into this site, which also shows our latest posts and some other info, for example who has been the most active during the past week (moi is on the list also :p).

http://boardreader.com/fp/The_Long_Hair_Community_Helpin_15018/The_Mane_Forum_13475.html

I guess all kinds of different sites might pull up our posts or stream them. Not very comfortable, but ...

ya kinda parasitic I'd say.

lol...w t h!?..Im having a prolific week it seems! :) hehehe

curiouser and curiouser...

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 09:31 PM
ya kinda parasitic I'd say.

lol...w t h!?..Im having a prolific week it seems! :) hehehe

curiouser and curiouser...

LOL you and I made TOP POSTERS last week :laugh:

But they also include our avatars :agape:

Stephanie said the feeds link back to the LHC site and are a good source of advertisement.
She thought that Privacy permissions remained in place as far as what is publicly viewed.

I just tightened my profile and picture security :p

DollyDagger
September 30th, 2015, 09:34 PM
hahahah...:hifive:too funny! :)
Yeah I think mines secure..:) plus theres not a whole lot there. I dont think I can make an album yet.

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 09:38 PM
hahahah...:hifive:too funny! :)
Yeah I think mines secure..:) plus theres not a whole lot there. I dont think I can make an album yet.

You can make an album...of course you must take pics ;)

DollyDagger
September 30th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I think you need to have been here 60 days ?
I got a blurry cinnabun pic..lol! :cheese: I forked it and it splayed and looked bigger..it was pretty cool..lol

ohhh your knitting avatars back! :)

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 09:45 PM
It just says 25 posts in the permissions (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68520) thread.

Seems like you have been here forever :flowers:...and it was only in August that you joined?! LOL

Yup...avatar is back; I get paranoid with web pics :p

DollyDagger
September 30th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Holy smokes..thanx! Well I gotta try and figure it out then ! :)

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Holy smokes..thanx! Well I gotta try and figure it out then ! :)

:thumbsup: If you need any help just pm me :)

DollyDagger
September 30th, 2015, 10:01 PM
okay thanx GG :heart:...Ill do that once I collect a few pics :)

Groovy Granny
September 30th, 2015, 10:03 PM
okay thanx GG :heart:...Ill do that once I collect a few pics :)

You're welcome ~ any time :)