PDA

View Full Version : does your hair morph?

Sparklylady82
September 25th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Just for funzies I took a photo of my hair after a wash and then the next day after being bunned, combed and oiled. The difference is amazing. I'm hoping to take a pic of day 3 hair tonight and see if it morphs again! Does anyone else experience this?

Post your experiences and hair morphing photos! :-)

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/sparklylady82/Mobile%20Uploads/ABM_1443158883_zps81anxsq2.jpg (http://s723.photobucket.com/user/sparklylady82/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ABM_1443158883_zps81anxsq2.jpg.html)

school of fish
September 25th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Mine reverse-morphs... every time I try to curl or wave it my hair morphs back into its straight self in no time, haha!!

DollyDagger
September 25th, 2015, 09:25 AM
My hair totally morphs overnight. I go to sleep a 3a and wake up with 2b/c hair..lol My curls are very fragile probably because my strands are fine Im guessing. I dont have any photos right now ..but just wanted to chime in anyways. Your hair looks great sparklylady!

DollyDagger
September 25th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Mine morphs into a transformer... more than meets the eye...♪ lol

cat11
September 25th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Yeah, my hair does the exact same thing and we have a very similar hair type!! My day 1 & 2 hair (and sometimes 3 if I had to REALLy clarify something out) is a lot poofier and harder to manage than my hair for the rest of the week (I wash every Friday- so my time frames are a bit stretched out compared to yours.... my hair is used to it though, that's why it takes awhile to morph..)

Even when I do a deep conditioning my hair needs to be bunned and combed for a day or two to "calm down" after a wash and become more manageable. I like my day 2-5 hair best...

meteor
September 25th, 2015, 11:52 AM
My hair does the exact same thing, and I'm pretty sure it's totally normal.
The hair when you bun it is taking the shape of that bun (kind of like damp-setting effect) - getting smoothed down, loose bun waves. The leave-in oils only enhance the smoothing down effect and shine.

My hair is definitely at its poofiest state after being washed, and as days go by, it's getting "calmer", smoother and more weighed down by oils. And if I want to speed up the process, I smooth some oils or silicone serums through length.

Chocowalnut
September 25th, 2015, 11:57 AM
It definitely does. It looks completely different when I brush it too. I really only like it on wash day.

casiopeia
September 25th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Sure. Just after drying it's a semi candy floss fluff, after combing and bunning it's smooth and shiny.

hennalonghair
September 25th, 2015, 12:19 PM
My hair does the exact same thing, and I'm pretty sure it's totally normal.
The hair when you bun it is taking the shape of that bun (kind of like damp-setting effect) - getting smoothed down, loose bun waves. The leave-in oils only enhance the smoothing down effect and shine.

My hair is definitely at its poofiest state after being washed, and as days go by, it's getting "calmer", smoother and more weighed down by oils. And if I want to speed up the process, I smooth some oils or silicone serums through length.

Yep! Ditto! :thumbsup:

lapushka
September 25th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Yeah, if you bun it, of course you'll get bun waves, only normal. ;) But I like the thread idea very much!!!

Sparklylady82
September 25th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Glad I'm not the only one! I really like my second day hair and now I know what to do if I want a more sleek look :-)

jera
September 25th, 2015, 04:09 PM
I like my hair best on wash days too. I let it dry naturally and it has volume and nice 19th century wavies. Next day - it's flat. Bleh. And does it ever morph in humidity. Luckily I don't have to deal with that too much.

Mimha
September 25th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Just for funzies I took a photo of my hair after a wash and then the next day after being bunned, combed and oiled. The difference is amazing. I'm hoping to take a pic of day 3 hair tonight and see if it morphs again! Does anyone else experience this?

Post your experiences and hair morphing photos! :-)

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/sparklylady82/Mobile%20Uploads/ABM_1443158883_zps81anxsq2.jpg (http://s723.photobucket.com/user/sparklylady82/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ABM_1443158883_zps81anxsq2.jpg.html)

Hello SparklyLady !

So lovely to see your lion mane in its different moods : wow, I particularly love this second picture, with your hair so unusually soft looking ! :) :)

I like this thread idea : I have always been amazed at how much my hair can be changing, lol ! It can look so different from one day to another, and even from one moment to another within the same day. Usually, on wash day until the next morning, my hair has super energetic waves, ending into long ringlets, and looks almost curly. Then, I comb out the ringlets and my usual big waves with curly ends appear. And then, my waves loosen gradually, due to combing and bunning, until the next wash.

A pic with wash day hair (with super waves and ringlets) and next day, after combing them out.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19162&d=1443220370

And here, some random pics, with one showing loose bun waves (right side pic), probably of day 3 or 4.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17753&d=1434455588

Lauraes
September 25th, 2015, 07:13 PM
My hair becomes less silky over time between washes, which is kind of inevitable when it's naturally straight and I braid it every day- which gives it braid waves (which are sometimes pretty, other times, not so much!).

yahirwaO.o
September 25th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Mine also morphes back, or at less thats how I see it. I like a lot my fairly poofy 1B wash day since im a finey and gives the ilusion of thickness and my second day is ok, a bit more flat, solid 1A and a tendency to turn into tentacles- clumps, thats what I dont like. Dry shampoo could work for me, but I prefer my hair just be in its own nature rather than turn it into something its not with anything but shampoo and a good old brush. :)

If I strech my wash (almost never with my greasy scalp) upto 3 or 4 day, heck its has to be bunned or braided, down would be just too unkept even for my inner hippie soul!!! :p

Bun waves are fun but they fall flat on me after 30 minutes. Yours are fantastic!!!!!

Sparklylady82
September 25th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Hello SparklyLady !

So lovely to see your lion mane in its different moods : wow, I particularly love this second picture, with your hair so unusually soft looking ! :) :)

I like this thread idea : I have always been amazed at how much my hair can be changing, lol ! It can look so different from one day to another, and even from one moment to another within the same day. Usually, on wash day until the next morning, my hair has super energetic waves, ending into long ringlets, and looks almost curly. Then, I comb out the ringlets and my usual big waves with curly ends appear. And then, my waves loosen gradually, due to combing and bunning, until the next wash.

A pic with wash day hair (with super waves and ringlets) and next day, after combing them out.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19162&d=1443220370

And here, some random pics, with one showing loose bun waves (right side pic), probably of day 3 or 4.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17753&d=1434455588

Yay! It is good to see you!!! I'm glad you've have some fun catching photos of your hair in different moods! My hair is always changing depending on multiple things! I can't expect a consistent result ever, which is fun but also kinda frustrating ;-)

Mimha
September 26th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Yay! It is good to see you!!! I'm glad you've have some fun catching photos of your hair in different moods! My hair is always changing depending on multiple things! I can't expect a consistent result ever, which is fun but also kinda frustrating ;-)

Lol. I love catching pics of textures, color and light. I am very sensitive to textures. Personally, I find it quite pleasant to have changing hair^^. Imagine : one day you have poofy-frizzy hair that magically holds any updo at first trial ; another day your have bouncy shiny waves to flaunt around :cool: and another day you have longer-looking flowing silky hair without using any tool or damaging product !

Honestly, it's very cool, isn't it ?? But yeah... It is true that Moody Mane is not always in the mood we wish it would ! :D

Personally, I enjoy a little frizz in my hair : it gives volume to it and helps my updos to hold far better than a few days later, when sebum makes it sleeker, flat and terrible to manage. Some days, I have to try 4-5 times before I can have a bun that holds ! Moody Mane can be rebellious.

I typed my hair in the M range. But I think it may be more towards M/F. In fact, there are different "areas" on my scalp : the top "layer" (= the hair on the surface), with fine texture, light chestnut sun bleached color (with a few splits mainly due to mechanical damage). And then the major part, with medium strands of very healthy wavy chestnut brown hair with no splits at all (the longer ones as well). Then there is an sort of "under layer" of much finer dark ashy brown hair that look much more fragile (with lots of spontaneous end splits). And, here and there among all that, some thick super dark strands of tough wavy hair ! :crazy: These "layers" (I should say "strata"^^) are interesting with half updos because it creates a big contrast of color and texture when the light upper strata is attached and you can see the much darker ones below. Our hair is certainly not a boring one ! :D

As I don't use CO, it's quite light weight and static prone, and my n° 1 one enemy is the wind.

cat11
September 26th, 2015, 07:42 AM
My hair becomes less silky over time between washes, which is kind of inevitable when it's naturally straight and I braid it every day- which gives it braid waves (which are sometimes pretty, other times, not so much!).

I think this is cool, people with straighter hair get curlier hair, and people with curlier hair get straighter hair as the wash cycle progresses..

I'm about to wash my hair when I get home from work, so i'll take pics over the next couple days!!

Lol. I love catching pics of textures, color and light. I am very sensitive to textures. Personally, I find it quite pleasant to have changing hair^^. Imagine : one day you have poofy-frizzy hair that magically holds any updo at first trial ; another day your have bouncy shiny waves to flaunt around :cool: and another day you have longer-looking flowing silky hair without using any tool or damaging product !

That's exactly how I feel about it!! I love that my hair changes.

MINAKO
September 26th, 2015, 07:46 AM
After washing my hair i'd be a 1c/2a and that slowly reverts to a 2a/2b during the week. That being said i dry my hair in a bun, so its inly logical to become straighter when still fairly wet at a slight tension.

MINAKO
September 26th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Hello SparklyLady !

I really don't mind repeating myself on the fact that you just happen to have the prettiest waves ever. I love this even pattern in yor hair. Looks so soft and shiny.

Caraid♫
September 26th, 2015, 10:15 AM
sparklylady I love both phases of the morphing! Beautiful!
My hair definitely morphs- It's slightly wavy and very poofy on wash day, but by the second or third day my hair usually looks sleek and totally straight (either that or it takes on smooth looking bun waves)

Mimha
September 26th, 2015, 10:23 AM
I really don't mind repeating myself on the fact that you just happen to have the prettiest waves ever. I love this even pattern in yor hair. Looks so soft and shiny.

Awww !... :o Thank you Minako !

Coming from you, a hair perfectionist^^, it's a HUGE compliment ! :)