PDA

View Full Version : Normal or Slow growth?

Rapunzel_to_be
September 25th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Hey guys

I just measured my hair, and it seems to have grown 11 or 12 cm in 7 months.. and I was wondering if this is normal growth or slow?
It just doesn't look like a lot to me and I thought it would grow longer than that in 7 months... maybe I'm just impatient and having unrealistic hopes and goals for my hair growth :p

parkmikii
September 25th, 2015, 12:52 AM
It's actually a fast growth! It is about 1.7 cm per month it seems. I barely get 1 cm and a tiny. I think the average growth rate is of 1.2 cm a month.

TatsuOni
September 25th, 2015, 12:57 AM
What's counted as normal hairgrowth, (at least here) is about one cm a month or 12-14 cm a year. So congratulations on your fast growth;)

Rapunzel_to_be
September 25th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Oh really ? :o I thought 1 inch a month was considered normal, maybe I just misread it somewhere but I've always thought it was an inch a month haha!
I'm happy to hear its not slow! Thank you guys :) :) :)

lapushka
September 25th, 2015, 02:18 AM
That's pretty fast for just 7 months!

I grow about half an inch (if that) a month, so 6 inches a year, that's about 15 cm for the whole year total! And that is normal growth!

Rapunzel_to_be
September 25th, 2015, 03:28 AM
That's pretty fast for just 7 months!

I grow about half an inch (if that) a month, so 6 inches a year, that's about 15 cm for the whole year total! And that is normal growth!

I'm really happy now, because a few months ago it actually felt like my hair was not growing, although I didn't measure it and did not really take a good look at it, because I kept putting it up to not see my shorter layers. But I'm glad to hear my growth is not slow and of course that it is considered fast makes me very happy :)

sarahthegemini
September 26th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Ha! I think everyone goes through that 'is my hair actually growing?!' stage :p Just don't get obsessive about measuring growth and I promise the whole process will go much faster.

meteor
September 26th, 2015, 06:29 PM
That's actually super-fast growth, Rapunzel_to_be! :thumbsup: About twice the speed of normal (i.e. ~ 1 cm per month) growth rate! Congratulations! :joy:

Night_Kitten
September 29th, 2015, 01:16 PM
The average growth rate is ~1cm a month (~0.5'' a month), 1'' per month is the "holy grail" of hairgrowth people are trying to achieve with food supplements, oils that suppose to increase growth and other methods that work for some but not for everyone... Some are lucky to have the good growth genes and actually do grow 1'' a month, but they are few and far between, definitely not the average...

luxurioushair
September 29th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I think the only way to really make the hair grow faster out of your scalp, is to change your diet and to exercise... improve your circulation.

Also OP your growth rate is faster than average.

Miss P
September 30th, 2015, 01:37 AM
You're a super grower! Congrats! Normals seems to be between 1 to 1.25 cm, but some (like me :() grow slower.

Hairkay
September 30th, 2015, 09:45 AM
I've no idea, it's hard to tell.

MINAKO
September 30th, 2015, 06:12 PM
People on the internet often grow hair faster in mysterious ways, or at least thats what they claim, so i'm not surprised that one might get the impression to be aslow grower themselves when itsactually above aberage.
It is what it is and if the body does not significantly lack vital nutrient for a while beforei don't belive in long term growth rate improvement. Circulation is also highly overrated imho. People who sit on the couch all day could faint multiple times before they notice anything about decrease in growth.
There is no real
Comparative measure for this, just extremely high expectations that quickly lead to
disappointment. Anyone whos getting obsessed with measuring does probably not enjoy their hair as much as they actually should, lol.

AutobotsAttack
October 1st, 2015, 01:25 AM
I normally get 1 inch a month, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I do a 10 min. Scalp massage every morning lol. But I've been doing it for well over 7 months now.