PDA

View Full Version : Hairfall - What you use : Shower or Mug?

maliha
October 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM
First of all Hi everyone!! I am new here and this is first thread I am posting because i was curious how most of us rinse their hair ?

I mean i don't rinse my hair in shower instead I use bucket & mug because it is said its common to find hairfall those who use hair showers. I have seen many guys and ladies with hairfall issues those who use mainly showers....

:D Just wanted to know others opinion on this and if you can try mug to rinse your hair instead of shower and see difference in hairfall and hair quality.

Try and see :eyebrows:

maliha
October 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Ohh!! I am not sure i have posted this thread in a right place,,,

srry mods please do neccessary changes if i have posted this in a wrong place :confused:

spidermom
October 8th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I usually wash and rinse in the shower, and I have no hair fall issues at all. Sometimes I wash my hair while I'm taking a bath, and then I use a pitcher to rinse.

Chromis
October 8th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I have used both (lived in a place with no shower for a while) and did not notice any difference. What I am using to wash it seems to make much more of a dent in my shedding than how I rinse. Switching to shampoo bars drastically reduced how much hair is in my mesh drain catcher.

Islandgrrl
October 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I don't notice a difference in my shed rate when I rinse in the shower versus rinsing using a pitcher or cup.

maliha
October 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Actually there are many people i have seen using shower and having severe hairfall(can say - going bald),,may be its just the way you wash and treat your hair,,,

Aisha25
October 8th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I think to it has to do with the shower pressure I find that does make a difference for me. I get more fall if it is hard and fast but if I do light and slow it will be fine and not so much fall. I would say washing them with jug is better in some kind of basin will be best for the hairs.

maliha
October 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hi Aisha25,,,Yes i do think it makes difference becoz i have seen many mainly guys in my family literally going bald now over 4-5 years now ,, when using shower to rinse,

And yes you are right about the pressure thingy,,,Coz i have tried it and did find that i am losing more hair than usual jug rinses

burns_erin
October 8th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I get more shedding/hairfall when I do not have a fairly high pressure shower to rinse with. I always thought it was because the spray boosts circulation and also helps get down to my scalp. When I use a lighter rinse method I have to really work at it to get down to my scalp so my scalp may not be as clean or well rinsed as I like and I have had to really rub around, generally handle my hair, and scritch.

HairColoredHair
October 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I use a shower. Providing you're careful with your hair I don't see it causing problems.

Take note baldness (especially male baldness) is hereditary, so it may have nothing to do with the shower or mug. :)

xrosiex
October 8th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I've never noticed more shedding using the shower. Than when I rince with a pitcher. My water preasure is very good too.

VanillaTresses
October 8th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I am a big bath aficionado and thus I usually use a bowl dipped in clean bathwater (I always wash & condition hair first) for wetting and rinsing my hair. I also only use a max of 5" deep bathwater which I find conserves the water versus taking a shower.

maliha
October 8th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I think its good for hair to use low pressure shower or using a pitcher or mug to rinse hair...for the hairs own good

Well considering hereditary thing, ohh sure it definately do not run in family ,,

This is my observation on many people around and my way to care for my hair ,,Just want to share what i have noticed...

Anje
October 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Hmmm, I've never heard that showering increases hair shedding, though I can see how that would occur with really really high pressure. I just rinse in the shower.

I find what I put on my scalp affects shedding, though. I shed more with CO or S&C than with WO washing, for example, though still a "normal" amount. It's probably the conditioner on the scalp.

longhairedfairy
October 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I use a shower and don't have a problem, personally.
Btw, male baldness is passed through the mother, oddly enough, so it's harder to tell if it runs in a family.

Elphie
October 8th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I rinse in the shower as well; I shed very little overall.

angelthadiva
October 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Oh, hairfall is the fury little animal who sits in the bottom of my shower?!

Seriously though, I have not noticed any difference. I think most of us would agree that we wouldn't use a power washer to rinse our hair; even with the highest water pressure possible in a home, I doubt it would have much to do with the quantity of hair sheds.

Stress, poor diet, climate and general hair care would seem like more reasonable reasons for increased shedding.

Honey39
October 9th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hi Aisha25,,,Yes i do think it makes difference becoz i have seen many mainly guys in my family literally going bald now over 4-5 years now ,, when using shower to rinse,

And yes you are right about the pressure thingy,,,Coz i have tried it and did find that i am losing more hair than usual jug rinses

I think going bald for men is sadly due to male pattern baldness rather than showering, to be honest. Hair is kind of resilient stuff, and I have never noticed much of a difference in shedding no matter what I do to it in the shower....

Arctic_Mama
October 9th, 2008, 12:26 AM
TANGLES are the difference for me. We have extremely high water pressure... like, ridiculously high... so the water often blasts snarls in, especially when shampooing. A hose on the end of the shower or a pitcher is more gentle on my wave pattern than the shower, but I am often too lazy to bother and just deal with some tangles later. If I found a simple attachment that worked well to flood my hair I'd use that exclusively.

Ndnlady
October 9th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I rinse in the shower and I have also rinsed with a pitcher of water before, I don't find a difference either way. My hubby takes full strength, screamingly hot, full pressure showers all the time and his hair is as thick as it has always been.:)

brok3nwings
October 9th, 2008, 06:21 AM
its not easy for me to wash my hair proprelly if i dont have enought water pressure to help... i dont use high pressure but medium. Low pressure is not for me... as i can do many times CWC it would be a hell :P

Periwinkle
October 9th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I've never noticed a difference. I used to use a broken power shower (between normal shower and power shower in terms of pressure). Then we had a new one fitted and I used a bucket. Now I use a power shower. None of this made any difference to my shed rate; quite honestly, I think it's just paranoia to say that it makes a difference.

mira-chan
October 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I use a basin and cup to wash hair now but there is no shedding difference from the times I use a shower. Now before when I used SLS shampoo (that I now know I'm sensitive to) when I used the shower for washing hair more I did have more shedding.

So it might not be how they are washing that's affecting the shedding but what they are washing with.

Also as others stated, male pattern baldness is inherited through the maternal line. So look to the maternal grandfather of the man to see if it's hereditary. The gene is on the X chromosome this hidden in women (XX) but show up in men (XY). Women who have the gene from both sides of the family can develop some baldness too.

Aisha25
October 9th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Also as others stated, male pattern baldness is inherited through the maternal line. So look to the maternal grandfather of the man to see if it's hereditary. The gene is on the X chromosome this hidden in women (XX) but show up in men (XY). Women who have the gene from both sides of the family can develop some baldness too.
:confused:Does this means moms' dad?

maliha
October 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM

Aisha you are so cutely funny :D

Maybe as everyone has different hair so the hair endurance is also different i have noticed this stuff like for 2 years now and i am not thinking of washing my hair in that speedy shower any more ;)

burns_erin
October 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Exactly, as well as mom's brothers.

Aisha25
October 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Aisha you are so cutely funny :D

Maybe as everyone has different hair so the hair endurance is also different i have noticed this stuff like for 2 years now and i am not thinking of washing my hair in that speedy shower any more ;)
:D thanks:lol:I seen it too and I am in same as you. Now I do both sides of my hair over my shoulders and wash one side at a time and make sure to be very gentle.

Exactly, as well as mom's brothers.
ah I see thank you:grin:

Friesiangirl
October 12th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I really enjoy a med. pressure shower, but recently I've been using a low pressure shower. I just cannot get down to my scalp without a shower, and then my scalp gets very itchy.

Hayley

Milena
October 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Actually there are many people i have seen using shower and having severe hairfall(can say - going bald),,may be its just the way you wash and treat your hair,,,

From everything credible I've read on the topic, I think it is pretty well established that hairloss has very little to do with how you handle your hair externally. It is either genetic or related to internal conditions or stress. The hairs lost during washing are always those ready to shed and not growing anymore anyway (those in telogen phase), and handling your hair a bit more gently will only delay their shedding by a few days or maybe weeks.

My shedding lately went down considerably, and I think I might attribute it to either the MSM or the cod liver oil (or both) I have recently started to take.