PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my slow growing sides and bangs...

longhairmomof7
September 24th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Hi!
The back of my hair grows very fast, and is nice an healthy looking. My bangs and sides are growing soooooo slowly it's insane! :/ I oil, and cater to my hair. I am at a loss right now. I feel like cutting it all off and just wearing short hair LOL!! The back of my hair is BSL.. my sides are a little past shoulder length... sad times. Any tips will be appreciated!! Thanks!

spidermom
September 24th, 2015, 09:28 AM
All we can do is be at peace with our own growth patterns. Pay attention to be sure you aren't snagging the sides and front on something like glasses or breaking it off by pulling it back tight with hair ties.

lapushka
September 24th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Yes, the first thing to eliminate is mechanical damage. Are you wearing half-ups a lot, maybe, pulling the hair up at the sides? Combing too harshly in that area. Otherwise, I'd just leave it alone, and maybe microtrim to maintain at BSL until the rest catches up. The key here is to be patient. Cutting it all off isn't going to solve a thing, it's just going to make it worse.

Anje
September 24th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Stick with it! You're almost at the point where you can pull those things back and not have to mess with them anymore!

I feel you though. It seemed to take FOREVER before my bangs would stay in a braid.

vpatt
September 24th, 2015, 12:14 PM
I had been thinking my growing out bangs might be growing slower than the rest....but really thought it was just in my mind. Maybe not. Stretched they are about chin length.....they stay back some times at least better than other times. They will soon be cooperating better. And I like the inexpensive (Goody, I believe) side combs. I like the look, they keep the shorter hair out of my face and I haven't seen a lick of damage.