PDA

View Full Version : Hair Goal Pics

DollyDagger
September 20th, 2015, 10:23 AM
There's a thread for showing inspiration pics or dream hair but of course oftentimes they're just that - Dreams

But how about one where we can post pics of hair that is potentially feasible (similar texture, colour, hair qualities) and attainable and we are currently aspiring towards..

Your Hair Goal pics

If you want to include-

What changes have you made in hopes of acheiving this hair?

How long do you think it will take you to achieve it?

and as always anything you care to share about your journey towards your Goal Pic :)

T.I.A
Dollydagger:sun:

Reminder-(thanx Dreamsheep):)

*photos & pictures that aren't our own or hosted on our own hosting-website of choice need to be inserted as links to be clicked on

DreamSheep
September 20th, 2015, 10:51 AM
I actually have no specific goal, I just want to see what my hair will end up looking like. :)

I do get inspired by lots of hairdye pictures - especially anything on Guy Tang's YouTube, so I know I definitely want to experiment with funky colours more. I will probably now go and dig up my favourite YT videos from him (or some of his Instagram photos) - those are most definitely my inspiration!

(Also, I'm no mod or admin but might help to have a reminder that photos & pictures that aren't our own or hosted on our own hosting-website of choice need to be inserted as links to be clicked on)

DollyDagger
September 20th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Yours would be in my dream hair category Dreamsheep :)
Agree about Guy Tang I've watched a few of his you tube vids..amazing results! Now that is a hair artist at work!

Oh right thnx ! good reminder re: pics

parkmikii
September 20th, 2015, 12:17 PM
It will take a looooong time as I'm just hip but my hair texture is pretty similar to hers so I guess that if the genes for terminal length will allow this, this would be my goal or longer if I can handle it:
http://40.media.tumblr.com/da1e62dcb183e7041e9ab2a9bccb94dc/tumblr_nmlboxMqJv1qcrkr7o4_1280.png

Winterwitch
September 20th, 2015, 07:12 PM
I can't wait for my hair to restore its thickness as I grow it out. I want an enormous thick braid!
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f6/ae/e7/f6aee7c09530963325f8361ea3348718.jpg

What changes have you made in hopes of acheiving this hair? No more sulfates shampoos, no more chemical dyes. Castor oil + biotin!

How long do you think it will take you to achieve it? I have no idea. Hopefully by my next birthday (2/26/2016) I'll be able to get my hair in a nice braid without chunks of ugly layers falling out. My ultimate goal of having super long, thick healthy hair may take a long time, years, but I'll be content with my hair once I can get a lovely thick braid.

MINAKO
September 20th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Honestly, i think i am done growing longer. My goals keept shifting because naturally i became more ambitious as the process was a pleasant expirience i became attached to. But from an aesthetic point of view i like my current length and don't think i need more. What i'm working on still is condition and straightness. Also attitude, so i can actually enjoy wearing it down. From now on whatever gets damaged can just be trimmed and as long as i can maintain i will just do that. I just don't wanna end up shorter than classic.

Eta: since there was a request for pictures. http://img.mf08s.com/img/200702/23/a1.jpg
The girl on the left has exactly the length as it hits on my bidy but i'm much taller i think. This is far more pleasing to my eye than knee or even mid thig would be.

holothuroidea
September 20th, 2015, 09:14 PM
It's next to impossible to find hair of my texture and type in the length that I dream of achieving. Fine/thin straight hair isn't really the best for finding inspiration of any kind of length because it tends to encompass all those negative hair words that everyone is constantly trying to fix, "thin," "lank," "flat," "stringy," etc. Most hair products claim to fix at least one of those things.

I don't expect my hair to grow very long, and I'm surprised it reached BSL. It's not the kind of hair that's "supposed" to grow, and I know how ridiculous that sounds but the idea is pretty deeply ingrained. I would be absolutely jazzed to see my hair at waist. If it goes beyond that I may actually throw a party.

"What changes have you made in hopes of acheiving this hair?"

I use minimal products, keep it up most of the time, do not use elastics or bobby pins or snap clips, oil the ends and switched to gentler detangling methods. I'm still working on stretching washes and I think I'd benefit from some kind of sleep cap or silk pillowcase.

"How long do you think it will take you to achieve it?"

If it keeps growing at the same rate it has been and I maintain my trim schedule, it should be at waist by next year. But my goals are really process goals, I don't plan on cutting my hair. It will get as long as it gets.

lapushka
September 21st, 2015, 05:37 AM
I think my favorite "hope to achieve it but very unlikely due to comfort & practical reasons" people on here are gossamer & LadyLongLocks. Both have floor length hair, which I admire greatly. I think it's awesome if you can get to that length - at all. I mean, what commitment!

xoAshley
September 21st, 2015, 08:16 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2e/df/9e/2edf9e951ad81079e511c8570c37961d.jpg

My hair type is basically the same as hers, and she has my goal length :) Well, some where between hip and butt length. Maybe a little lighter on the layering.

Right now I am at waist when stretched, I think I will be where I want to be, maybe even further, by this time next year for sure. My hair grows fairly quick.

xoAshley
September 21st, 2015, 08:18 AM
Oops, I posted the picture, I don't think I was suppose to do that? :shrug:

I'll redo my post if someone wants to delete it? Sorry about that! :o

Here is the link: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2e/df/9e/2edf9e951ad81079e511c8570c37961d.jpg

My hair type is basically the same as hers, and she has my goal length Well, some where between hip and butt length. Maybe a little lighter on the layering.

Right now I am at waist when stretched, I think I will be where I want to be, maybe even further, by this time next year for sure. My hair grows fairly quick.

Kaelbu
September 21st, 2015, 08:52 AM
This is the length I want to reach one day! I've got the color now, but that will probably grow out. Texture is similar enough, but mine might be a bit thinner (the way she has it draped I can't really tell).

http://slodive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/pretty-hairstyles-for-girls/long-longhair.jpg

xoAshley
September 21st, 2015, 08:59 AM
Very pretty, Kaelbu!

neko_kawaii
September 22nd, 2015, 02:09 PM
Oops, I posted the picture, I don't think I was suppose to do that? :shrug:

I'll redo my post if someone wants to delete it? Sorry about that! :o

Perfectly alright to edit your post to make such corrections. Look for the "edit post" button at the bottom of each of your posts. You can always fix links and typos.

lalepepper
September 22nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
It's not the best picture (taken by myself with a bulky camera), but this was my WL hair back in January 2011:
(my hair had been permanently dyed once all over to cover previous lightening in the front where I had alternated crazy colors)
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/167765_10150121276775020_2366194_n.jpg?oh=c6a65689 481b9b3b0a60594f46f223d9&oe=56959317
This time around I'm happy to have completely virgin locks, and am hoping it will be smoother overall.

This time around I

vpatt
September 22nd, 2015, 02:27 PM
I love all the pics, but I don't have a picture. Right now I will be happy to reach APL. But ultimately I want at least waist. Although, I do keep dreaming of all or any length ​past waist. Such happy dreams, lol.