PDA

View Full Version : Princess Kate Hair

DollyDagger
September 18th, 2015, 10:29 PM
First of all... ALWAYS HAVE LOVED HER HAIR! :)

Second it made news here....lol she has bangs now.

So what do you like better if you had to choose-

Kate with bangs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3238065/Duchess-Cambridge-looks-glamorous-Ralph-Lauren-dress-resumes-royal-duties-birth-Princess-Charlotte-visit-mental-health-centre.html

or

Kate without bangs

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/06/kate-middletons-post-baby-bod-will-inspire-you/

and why if you care to elaborate :)

Dollydagger:flower:

Breezy
September 18th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Kate with no bangs is my preference.

Nuala
September 19th, 2015, 01:05 AM
I also like her better without bangs. I think the bangs hide her face too much.

Sowka
September 19th, 2015, 02:09 AM
Hi :) I like her either way. On the first pictures "with" bangs, she doesn't look very much like herself, but this is certainly due to the situation and the photos. On the last pictures she looks as lovely as ever, in my opinion.

parkmikii
September 19th, 2015, 04:01 AM
I think I like the no bangs a bit more as well :)

Night_Kitten
September 19th, 2015, 05:51 AM
I like the no-bangs better, she has a lovely face shape and I feel like the bangs are hiding some of it... She looks good with both styles though, it's probably a matter of taste more than a matter of what suits her more...

yogagirl
September 19th, 2015, 06:13 AM
No bangs, I guess. But aaah, she is just sooo pretty either way :crush:

love it when she makes silly faces too :)

DreamSheep
September 19th, 2015, 08:06 AM
I like the way her bangs look - but I think I prefer her a little more without them. I met her (very briefly and under very bizarre circumstances! :p) and she didn't have a fringe/bangs then. It was in a rainforest and yet she still looked 100% flawless.

MINAKO
September 19th, 2015, 09:34 AM
To this day i still dont get this type of bangs. Don't like them at all so i much prefer her without them.

KittyBird
September 19th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Someone on a gossip site suggested that maybe she got the bangs because of postpartum hair loss, that maybe she was trying to hide that her hairline had gotten thinner. Dunno, but it could be a reason for the new bangs. I don't really have an opinion on her hair, she can do whatever she likes with it. :p

bonbon58
September 19th, 2015, 10:52 AM
i prefer no bangs too. it looks more princessy/formal rather than casual.

I like the way her bangs look - but I think I prefer her a little more without them. I met her (very briefly and under very bizarre circumstances! :p) and she didn't have a fringe/bangs then. It was in a rainforest and yet she still looked 100% flawless.

aah lucky you! off topic, but i'd be interested in your story :o

Someone on a gossip site suggested that maybe she got the bangs because of postpartum hair loss, that maybe she was trying to hide that her hairline had gotten thinner. Dunno, but it could be a reason for the new bangs. I don't really have an opinion on her hair, she can do whatever she likes with it. :p

that might be why. good point!

DreamSheep
September 19th, 2015, 12:47 PM
i prefer no bangs too. it looks more princessy/formal rather than casual.

aah lucky you! off topic, but i'd be interested in your story :o

that might be why. good point!

//offtopicness
In 2012 I went to a fieldtrip in Borneo, Malaysia - in a rainforest for my degree, and by chance it turned out that it coincided with Prince William and Kate's journey to Borneo for 8 days. One of those days, they visited the part of the rainforest where we were staying and they said hi and shook our hands (we were all wearing shabby shorts and standing barefoot - as you do in Malaysia - somehow they looked flawless in their attire though). I remember Kate shook my hand twice, which sounds awesome but really means that she forgot she had shaken my hand the first time, thus did so again. We had seen them land in a private helicopter and we talked to them about orangutans hiding in the tree behind them.

For further gossipness, we also realised that it was the week that Kate must have become pregnant with her first baby, and we secretly wondered whether she would be given an exotic name such as Sabah or Borneo (where we were staying) to celebrate where she was conceived. That was not the case, but the baby was born on my birthday and I thought that was a cool coincidence.

//offtopicness over

:p

chen bao jun
September 19th, 2015, 06:23 PM
I think she looks much the same. Those aren't really 'bangs bangs' in my opinion, as they are very long and she is wearing them parted so that you still basically see her whole forehead. It's a very minor change of hairstyle.

She does have beautiful hair, but I would have thought it much more beautiful before LHC as now it looks super 'styled' to me. Fortunately, she has the kind of strong hair that can take the constant styling she has to get as a princess in the public spotlight so much. I do love that she keeps wearing what is 'long hair' IRL in spite of many many attempts to force her to get a shoulder length or pixie. I also love that my hair is now almsot as long as hers is-- which it wasn't when I first started LHC.

Somebody should introduce her to Ficcares! Or other LHC hairtoys!

Yea, Bonbon, its thrilling to meet royalty. My mom met the Princess Royal once (not Princess Anne, but Queen Elizabeth II's aunt, which tells you how long ago it was)'; she also had one of her students when she was a teacher present a bouquet or something of that sort to Princess Margaret and had to lead them up; she ate dinner in the same room with Queen Elizabeth once but was not introduced. She often tells her stories of meeting them ('meeting' meaning she got to curtsey to them and got her hand touched before moving on in the receiving line). Her dad was in the government (parliament) of one of the colonies back in the day, that's why she had the opportunity. I think they are pretty much always impeccable. Large groups of people have jobs keeping them that way no matter what the circumstances--they weight their skirts (surprised that the Duchess of Cambridge had so much leg showing in the one pic, they do stuff to prevent that); fix their makeup,etc. etc. My mom said the biggest thrill about meeting the (now dead) Princess Royal (the Countess of Harewood) was that it was the evening, and since this was back in the day when things were very much more formal (back when men still tuxedos with tails for dinner), she was COVERED with diamonds. My mom says she was wearing so many diamonds that it looked as she was covered with them, from neck to waist and these were enormous diamonds, also, not like your average engagement ring diamond, things the size of nuts. she just sparkled and sparkled and it was very impressive to see all those diamonds, the tiara and then the mass of necklaces or the stomacher or what ever it was. This was back in the 30's and yes, all the colonials were suitably impressed with all the sparkle, and all these years later, my mom still gets round eyes when she talks about it.

My mom didn't like Princess Margaret nearly so much-she says that at that time, she was wonderfully pretty and had the most gorgeous pink and white English rose complexion, like a porcelain doll, very striking to see in the tropics. However, she kept everyone waiting for hours in the hot sun before she showed up, and when she did, she was giggly and silly and was wearing a pair of heelless shoes that she kept stepping out of. People were insulted. It's a once in lifetime opportunity to meet royalty and she wasn't behaving very royal.

LaraAntipova
September 20th, 2015, 01:26 AM
No bangs! It also looks like she got veneers!

Merlin
September 20th, 2015, 02:43 AM
It probably cost a lot of money...which my taxes paid for....along with that posh frock she's wearing....

sarahthegemini
September 20th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Have to say, as a Brit, I don't see what the fuss is all about when it comes to Kate! Her hair is alright, both 'styles' don't really make a significant difference to the entire appearance. But hey ...

Cattiva
September 20th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Kate with bangs looks way more aged/older. Not a fan.

momschicklets
September 20th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Gotta say...I really love them! :blushing: I'm not usually a fan of bangs....nope...but hers are side swept and soft and framing and bring attention to her gorgeous eyes. Some of the pictures aren't the most flattering of her since they catch her making some funny faces :wigtongue but I'm gonna give a thumbs up :thumbsup:

Arctic
September 20th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Nothing wrong with her hair in general, but I don't like this type of bangs. I have grown out many a fringe during my life, and this looks like she is growing out fringe. I personally would never cut fringe like that on purpose. That being said, I recently accidently cut myself a very similar look, while trying to cut DIY face framing layers, and needless to say I am not thrilled. I try to rock them, though. The growing out will be much more pleasant if I don't spent time agonizing about them.

BTW I read that hair dressers are calling this fringe type GRINGE, as in Grown out Fringe. LOL :)

DollyDagger
September 20th, 2015, 09:48 AM
lol Gringe...Grungey Grinch Gringe Fringe :)

AdaClare
September 20th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Both look nice, but no bangs seem to suit her better, IMO. With, though, she sort of reminds me of Jenna Coleman. :)

bonbon58
September 20th, 2015, 02:10 PM
interesting stories, DreamSheep and Chen! thanks for sharing :o

yahirwaO.o
September 21st, 2015, 01:49 PM
I think she looks so much nicer without bangs! Itīs what people call rich sophisticated hair in my eyes!!!!

vendethiel
September 21st, 2015, 02:14 PM
I think she looks beautiful with either, but I agree that I prefer the lack of bangs. I also don't really get the "gringe" style of bangs, but she still looks so lovely.

Also, off topic, but in response to a mention that taxes paid for Kate's haircut, I give you a video about the true cost of the royal family. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw

xoAshley
September 21st, 2015, 02:30 PM
I prefer her hair without bangs!

turtlelover
September 21st, 2015, 06:54 PM
I think she'd look great with SOME kinds of bangs, but just not that particular type of bangs. I think something thinner and wispier that wasn't flopping in her eyes would be more flattering. These just look like overgrown bangs that were cut a little bit too thickly for my taste.

Alien Girl
September 21st, 2015, 07:26 PM
bangs make her look younger, more modern, chic :)
no bangs looks old school, not that it's a bad thing (just not my pref)