PDA

View Full Version : Heidi Braids Tutorial

animetor7
September 18th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone! I just started a youtube channel and made my first video. It is a tutorial for how I do Heidi braids which is a hairstyle I wear very frequently. Please watch and let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oY8zUes8QM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oY8zUes8QM

spidermom
September 18th, 2015, 09:57 PM
You look beautiful doing it. A couple thoughts:
1) When you started the braids, I think it would have been helpful to turn around so that viewers can see exactly what you're doing. Some people don't know how to do the simplest of braids. It would also be helpful to turn around while pinning so viewers can see how you're inserting the pins.
2) It's going to be a lot safer for your teeth if you develop the habit of opening the bobby pins on a fingernail of your opposite hand instead of your teeth. Eventually tooth enamel weakens and you can actually pop off a chip of tooth with a bobby pin.

animetor7
September 18th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Thank you so much Spidermom for watching it and for your thoughtful reply! :o I will keep that in mind for future videos. I didn't know that about bobby pins and teeth. I will definitely change my habits!!!

Groovy Granny
September 18th, 2015, 10:07 PM
I liked it too...and was also going to mention turning around so we can see the finished style.
Thanks for taking the time to make it; it was enjoyable and informative :thumbsup:

animetor7
September 18th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Thank you Groovy Granny! I hope I'll get better at angles and filming and such. I will definitely incorporate more turning around in future videos, perhaps in the form of twirling. :)

spidermom
September 18th, 2015, 10:12 PM
I think we'll need a better view than twirling would provide.

Groovy Granny
September 18th, 2015, 10:15 PM
Thank you Groovy Granny! I hope I'll get better at angles and filming and such. I will definitely incorporate more turning around in future videos, perhaps in the form of twirling. :)

This old bird has no clue how you even go about doing a video and posting it online ;)
So kudos to you for doing a great job the first time around!:thumbsup:
No doubt....the more you do, all the more you'll have YOUR personal style/stamp on it :)

DollyDagger
September 18th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Nice friendly personality..:) great job! Love that top! :sun:

animetor7
September 18th, 2015, 10:33 PM
I think we'll need a better view than twirling would provide.

I know. :) I'm just kidding. Twirling would be fun though. Maybe for a hairstyle where the braid is left down, so it can whip about! :)

animetor7
September 18th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Thank you so much for watching it DollyDagger, I'm glad you enjoyed it! The top is from INC I believe, I got it at Macy's. It's just sort of a lace shell which I put over a tank top I had.

Groovy Granny
September 18th, 2015, 10:48 PM
I know. :) I'm just kidding. Twirling would be fun though. Maybe for a hairstyle where the braid is left down, so it can whip about! :)

That's the spirit :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see what you do next!

spidermom
September 18th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Oh, forgot to say heidi braids is super-cute on you.

Stiria
September 19th, 2015, 04:48 AM
Great video and lovely hairstyle! I agree with the others about turning around so we can see the finished style.
Good job! :D

animetor7
September 19th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Oh, forgot to say heidi braids is super-cute on you.

Aww. Thanks so much Spidermom! :)

Great video and lovely hairstyle! I agree with the others about turning around so we can see the finished style.
Good job! :D

Yeah...definitely something I'm going to do for next time. Thank you for watching it and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Groovy Granny
September 19th, 2015, 12:18 PM
I have reached hip length, new length picture and siggy pic soon!!!I forgot to mention .....your hair is beautiful, and I am looking forward to your new hip pic :thumbsup: