PDA

View Full Version : Your stash: things you need to use up!

lapushka
September 18th, 2015, 06:09 AM
We probably all have it to some degree, others more than some. I *am* looking at me. :o Our stash. But what are the products that we are going to use up next, that we have to use up but are perhaps loath to.

I have 3 x 500ml bottles of Syoss conditioner I have to go through. Planning to use that as my first C in WCC. That's how I use most of my products up.

What about you? What's next on your schedule?

school of fish
September 18th, 2015, 08:03 AM
I have 4 bottles of a very cheap coneless Silkience conditioner I got at the dollar store that I intended to use for CO washing that didn't end up working as well as I'd hoped. According to the ingredients it should have been a great candidate for CO washing but it just doesn't seem to rinse out cleanly on me wheras Pantene Ice Shine does - go figure, haha!! So I'm using up the Silkience in my weekly SMT and sticking with what works for the rest of my routine. I likely won't have to buy any SMT conditioner through 2016!

Frankenstein
September 18th, 2015, 08:23 AM
I was able to use up my stash of conditioner over the summer (not counting my stockpile of my old favorite that was discontinued!), so now I'm mainly just on shampoos. I've been using a Pantene one that's almost gone and after that I'll be using up the rest of my super old Healthy Sexy Hair pumpkin shampoo. After that I've still got a few to go through so it'll be a while before I buy anything new shampoo-wise :(

lapushka
September 18th, 2015, 08:30 AM
I have sooo much stuff to go through. I am on a no buy. Really. Well... no buy. If nothing new comes out, that is. I mean, I *can* try it but I will only get one bottle. That's my promise to myself. So not much should be coming in, and I should be getting rid of quite some stuff in the next year, or two, three. :o OMG!

Nadine <3
September 18th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I have 4 plastic totes worth of shampoo and conditioner. It's literally coming out my ears over here... Shampoo I didn't like gets used for washing delicates, scrubbing the cat box, pawned off on my family....conditioners usually gets honey and oil mixed into it to make it heavy enough for my liking and used.

DollyDagger
September 18th, 2015, 09:13 AM
I'm employing lapushka's double condition method to try to make a dent in my conditioner stash. Kind of crazy I'm trying to wash less frequently yet I've amassed more product than I ever had in the past when I washed daily..lol:rolleyes:

Nadine <3
September 18th, 2015, 09:26 AM
I'm employing lapushka's double condition method to try to make a dent in my conditioner stash. Kind of crazy I'm trying to wash less frequently yet I've amassed more product than I ever had in the past when I washed daily..lol:rolleyes:

I never thought of this before but it's true lol when I washed daily I had 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner...now I wash every 4 days and for whatever reason I have like 100x what I used to have haha

DollyDagger
September 18th, 2015, 09:29 AM
^
lol..it's insanity I tell ya! lol

lapushka
October 10th, 2015, 08:25 AM
I have 3 x 500ml bottles of Syoss conditioner I have to go through. Planning to use that as my first C in WCC. That's how I use most of my products up.

I'm going to be rid of one of the bottles tomorrow... and I can move on to the next. :rolleyes: :lol:

Agnes Hannah
October 10th, 2015, 12:38 PM
I have 4 plastic totes worth of shampoo and conditioner. It's literally coming out my ears over here... Shampoo I didn't like gets used for washing delicates, and my sleep caps ha ha
scrubbing the cat box, pawned off on my family....
conditioners usually gets honey and oil mixed into it to make it heavy enough for my liking and used.

Oohh I didn't think about that, what a good idea, thanks Nadine!

lapushka
October 17th, 2015, 05:02 AM
I'm going to be rid of one of the bottles tomorrow... and I can move on to the next. :rolleyes: :lol:

Tomorrow I'll be tackling the Syoss "Oleo Intense" (https://www.haarcentrum.nl/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/s/y/syoss-conditioner-oleo-intense-thermo-care.jpg). It's supposed to be for rough, unmanageable hair.

renia22
October 17th, 2015, 08:22 AM
As of yesterday, I officially used up the last of the conditioners that I had that I didn't like that much, everything that's left, I like. Unfortunately, that does not go for serums. I was on a spray- on serum kick a while back and I bought several of them, and they are all "okay". But then I bought a similar product from L'Oreal which I absolutely love (the color heat protection spray), and I also have this bottle of Kiehl's silk groom serum that I really like, so I'm using those & neglecting all of the other serums. Every time I open my bathroom cabinet drawer I see them and feel a little guilty for wasting money on them. They might just have to get moved to the basement so I don't have to look at them, haha.

Frankenstein
October 17th, 2015, 08:55 AM
My current conditioner is awful and I'm tempted to buy a better one, but I don't want bottles just sitting around like before... I should probably just use up the crappy one first to get it over with :rolleyes: