PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy?

HairFanson
September 17th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Just wondering if my measurements are way off. According to my pic (that I cant upload for aome reason) I have 7 inches between BSL and Waist, only 2 inches between waist and hip, and 4 inches between hip and TB... am I an alien or do I just not have a waist?!?

HairFanson
September 17th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Fyi: I am smack dab between BSL and Waist atm

Doreen
September 17th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I think your measurements are fairly normal (whatever 'normal' means....)

For comparison, if it helps, mine are:
5" between bsl and waist
2" between waist and hip
6" between hip and tb

I am 5'2", which is pretty short already, and I have a noticeably short torso, proportionally.

If this doesn't sound anything like you, then I would start by remeasuring your distance from hip to tb. Might help to do it sitting down since that position lets your hips rest and makes it easier to measure, imo.

spidermom
September 17th, 2015, 09:21 PM
I don't have very many inches between waist and hip either, but I haven't measured.

Nique1202
September 18th, 2015, 04:54 AM
It's possible your BSL measurement is too high, if you're measuring by a bra where the band doesn't sit parallel to the ground. If it lifts up in the back, compared to the front, then your band is too big. If your bra DOES fit, then it's possible you're just low-waisted.

I can tell you that I only have 1.5 inches between proper BSL and my waist, then another 1.5 inches between my waist and the top of my hip bones. From my hip it's about 3 inches to BCL (top of the bum crack), then I measure tailbone as about halfway down my bum (another 3.5 or so inches) and 4 inches from there to classic.

Everyone's body is proportioned differently. There's no one right answer, and body markers aren't the best indicators of length anyway because of that. That's why so many of us track inch/centimeter length as well as body markers.

HairFanson
September 18th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Interesting... Thanks!

Groovy Granny
September 18th, 2015, 12:17 PM
It's possible your BSL measurement is too high, if you're measuring by a bra where the band doesn't sit parallel to the ground. If it lifts up in the back, compared to the front, then your band is too big. If your bra DOES fit, then it's possible you're just low-waisted.

I can tell you that I only have 1.5 inches between proper BSL and my waist, then another 1.5 inches between my waist and the top of my hip bones. <snip>

Everyone's body is proportioned differently. There's no one right answer, and body markers aren't the best indicators of length anyway because of that. That's why so many of us track inch/centimeter length as well as body markers.
Agreed~ I have a short torso and my landmarks are very close like yours :thumbsup:

AutobotsAttack
September 18th, 2015, 03:41 PM
No your measurements seem fine . I'm 5' exactly. So no you're not crazy my friend lol