PDA

View Full Version : Mimha's 1st LHC official annivhairsary !

Mimha
September 16th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Youhouhouuuu ! Yesterday was my official one year LHC annivhairsary !! :cheese:

:disco::disco::disco:

Well, I have already posted a pre-annivhairsary thread quite recently, I know. It was a thread meant to illustrate my hair evolution following to my health problem : I had discovered LHC and started to document my growth a little earlier than I was an active member. For those interested, here is the link :

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132747&highlight=Mimha%27s (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132747&highlight=Mimha%27s)

Today I only want to express my gratitude for all the good support and friendship I have found here, and post some more pics for you to enjoy my hair progresses in one full year ! :)

If I try to make an hair assessment of this LHC first year, I can say that I really have learned to enjoy my hair much more ! I didn't know it could be so fun to grow together, share tips, thoughts, pics, little moments of blues or funny experiences !... :) Caring about my hair has become a real pleasure, and that's of great help to happily grow on. I have also learned a lot about hair tools : brushes, combs, soaps, natural tips, etc. and also about sooooo useful stuff such as Ficcare, hair forks and other hair "toys" of quality that I totally ignored the existence of before !

My goal for the next years to come : go ahead with my less-is-more routine and learn new hairdos. This is still a huge domain of ignorance to me ! I can do 2 types of braids only, and 2 or 3 different buns. It's now time to practice !! My hair will be at waist by the end of the year, so many more interesting things will become possible to enjoy it even more !...

Thank to all of you for the good time, nice things learned, interesting stories and good advices shared in here ! I hope I will still enjoy being an LHCer for many years ! :flowers:

Now here are the pics ! To be totally honest, I have not been able to find pics of exactly one year between them, dated 15 to 15 of September each time. But all of the pics are more or less of September 2014 and 2015. As these pictures were not initially meant for comparison, it was sometimes difficult to scale them correctly. But I think they are clear enough to figure out the progresses^^

1) My hair growth from Sept. 2014 to Sept. 2015
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19022&d=1442416345

2) My braid growth during the same period
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19021&d=1442416302

3) My waves evolution with the increase of length
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19023&d=1442416374

TwilightShadow
September 16th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Great progress! And I love your waves at this length! :thud:

Jennah
September 16th, 2015, 09:54 AM
:thudpile:

Gorgeous! Happy Anniversary! :cake: :alcoholic:

Belle Paix
September 16th, 2015, 09:57 AM
That looks great! Looks like you got quite a bit of length over the last year, beautiful!

pailin
September 16th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Beautiful! Congratulations on one year!

iYaap
September 16th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Looks super dense! :flower:

Inching Along
September 16th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Fantastic, Mimha! You have absolutely gorgeous hair. I love your waves/curls, too. You've had great growth in one year. Gives me hope for my journey downward. :) My hair type is about like yours...but your hair looks exponentially thicker than mine. You must be on the high end of the "ii" type. :)

Pinni
September 16th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Beautiful hair! :crush: Happy 1st LHC official annivhairsary!

yogagirl
September 16th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Beautiful Mimha, and congrats on 1 year!! Love your waves :crush:

Are you sure you are ii? Your braid looks iii, very thick :)

Monkshood
September 16th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I can't see the pictures. Just me?

meteor
September 16th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Yay! Congratulations, Mimha! :joy:
Your hair is so stunning! :thud: And the texture is just amazing! And such great growth progress, too! :thumbsup:
Happy Hairiversary, Mimha!!! :cake:

Sterlyn
September 16th, 2015, 01:21 PM
You've made so much progress in 1 year. :flowers: And I have always loved your big, bouncy waves. :thud:

TrapperCreekD
September 16th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Holy voluminous bouncy waves, Batman! Congrats on your progress. :toast:

missmelaniem
September 16th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Your hair is gorgeous. Happy LHC anniversary. :heart:

momschicklets
September 16th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Your hair is absolutely, positively, most-amazingly....gorgeous!! Happy anniversHAIRY! :toast::toast::blossom:

DollyDagger
September 16th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Congrats! :toast: Amazing progress...thanks for sharing :) the evolution of your beautiful hair :blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
September 16th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Just - totally thudworthy, that's all I can say. Happy hairiversary! Wow, such wonderful giant waves - to die for!

Groovy Granny
September 16th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Beautiful :thud:
Congrats!

Deborah
September 16th, 2015, 07:55 PM
:cheer:Wonderful progress! Your hair looks great!

Mimha
September 17th, 2015, 01:47 PM
TwilightShadow, Jennah, Belle Paix, pailin, iYaap, Pinni, missmelaniem, DollyDagger, Groovy Granny, Deborah, thank you so much for your kind messages ! :) It's nice to feel so much supportive voices around ! :o

Inching Along and yogagirl, my hair is between 8.5 to 9 cm circumference when compressed into a ponytail, depending where I measure it (nape or top of my head), or depending the day (if oily or not). So it is not even close to iii. (Let's say that it's "an upper medium thickness" :)). I suppose that its texture and waves make it poofy and look thicker than it is. And I kind of think also that thickness is so much valued in here that, well... it is a little bit like between men, you know : a lot of people tend to round their figures up^^ ;)

Monkshood, I don't know why you cannot see the pictures as you have far more posts than the 25 required to be able to see them... :hmm:

LauraAlaina
September 17th, 2015, 01:51 PM
wow your hair is really really gorgeous!

Mimha
September 17th, 2015, 02:15 PM
meteor, you are always so enthusiastic and have a good word for everyone ! You are so sweet ! :flowers:

Momschicklets, I hesitate... :hmm: I should appoint you as president of my fan's club ! :p Reading your comments is always such an ego boost !!! :smooch:

Sterlyn, thank you for your kind word ! :heart: By the way, your spiral curl perm is totally thudworthy. When you said you wanted to perm, I was really afraid you may damage your wonderful silver length. But the result is so perfect and natural looking ! Concerning the purple color, well... I would personally never have the guts to do it^^ but it turned out totally amazing on you. You have found a really good stylist !!

TrapperCreekD, your comment made me laugh ! Batman ?? Ha ha ha ha ! :laugh:

Sarahlabyrinth, a compliment from you is like getting a blessing from one's own hair goddess !! :thud:

:D :D

Now let's travel on to a new year of growth, hoping for the best and enjoying every bit of the journey !!! :cheese:

Monkshood
September 17th, 2015, 02:26 PM
I only see the captions in bold for some reason. I can see the picture on your other thread that you linked... Weird.

lapushka
September 17th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Absolutely gorgeous hair! Amazing growth as well. Congrats! :D

Mimha
September 17th, 2015, 02:48 PM
I only see the captions in bold for some reason. I can see the picture on your other thread that you linked... Weird.

Weird, indeed !... :confused:

If you really wish to see these pics, you can try to go on my profile : all the pics are accessible to full members, except the one in my private album. You'll see the ones in this thread on my album "LHC annivhaisaries". I hope you don't have an access problem ! :)

Mimha
September 17th, 2015, 02:55 PM
wow your hair is really really gorgeous!

Thank you LauraAlaina ! :)

Absolutely gorgeous hair! Amazing growth as well. Congrats! :D

Thank you Lapushka ! :heart:
I am sad I have missed your classic length hit !! I really wanted to send you my congratulations, even if you had not put pics. So Champagne to you... better late than never !!! ^^:bottomsup: Your hair must be totally amazing ! :) :) :)

lapushka
September 17th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Thank you Lapushka ! :heart:
I am sad I have missed your classic length hit !! I really wanted to send you my congratulations, even if you had not put pics. So Champagne to you... better late than never !!! ^^:bottomsup: Your hair must be totally amazing ! :) :) :)

Oh that is so sweet of you to remember! :D Thank you!!! :blossom:

Monkshood
September 17th, 2015, 03:40 PM
I can see the thumbnails on your profile but I'm getting a small white square when I click them. Oh well!

It's lovely from what I can see. Your waves are dreamy... so shiny and well-defined. :inlove:

Inching Along
September 17th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Inching Along and yogagirl, my hair is between 8.5 to 9 cm circumference when compressed into a ponytail, depending where I measure it (nape or top of my head), or depending the day (if oily or not). So it is not even close to iii. (Let's say that it's "an upper medium thickness" :)). I suppose that its texture and waves make it poofy and look thicker than it is. And I kind of think also that thickness is so much valued in here that, well... it is a little bit like between men, you know : a lot of people tend to round their figures up^^ ;)
Ah. Your hair is quite thick compared to mine. The "ii" range is from 2 to 4 inches...so you're near the upper end, and I'm near the lower end. Sometimes my waves make my hair seem thicker than it is, and I am glad about that, especially coming from the "i" range a few years ago!

yogagirl
September 17th, 2015, 05:05 PM
:eek::bigeyes::gabigrin: bahahahaaha!!!

Yes I was wondering if it was your texture adding a few visual inches :) Either way, gorgeous!!

hypersensitive
September 18th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Awesome progress! congrats!

Stray_mind
September 18th, 2015, 10:15 AM
I allways loved your hair and wave pattern. Congratulations on amazing progress! :blossom:

FallingDarkness
September 18th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Your hair is FABULOUS and THICK and AMAZING!!! Congrats no the growth, happy anniversary! :D

Mimha
September 20th, 2015, 05:17 AM
Thank you for your kind messages, hypersensitive, Stray_mind and for your enthusiasm, FallingDarkness ! :) :)

Hypersensitive : I always stop to admire your siggy pics. I'm so much in love with the second one from the left side !!... :thud:

vpatt
September 20th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Oh, your hair is amazing! So pretty and it does look thicker than ii. I love the waves and you are really an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Mimha
September 20th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Oh, your hair is amazing! So pretty and it does look thicker than ii. I love the waves and you are really an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much vpatt ! Being "an inspiration" is a huge compliment ! :o

On a side note, I love your siggy pic with the knitting chick^^ ! Your little one is beyond adorable with this sweet funny handmade wooly hat. It was the perfect smiley to choose ^^! :crush:

Monsterkitti
September 20th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Congratulations, looks gorgeous! Love your wave pattern :)

hypersensitive
September 20th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Thanks mimha. After the big chop, it's approaching that length once more. Hair grows!

vpatt
September 20th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Thank you so much vpatt ! Being "an inspiration" is a huge compliment ! :o

On a side note, I love your siggy pic with the knitting chick^^ ! Your little one is beyond adorable with this sweet funny handmade wooly hat. It was the perfect smiley to choose ^^! :crush:

Thank you....Olivia is our very sweet great granddaughter. Her mom got that hat at her baby shower.

Remi
September 20th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Mimha- Congratulations! Your hair is so pretty. Such a beautiful color. :flower:

Mimha
September 20th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Thank you Monsterkitty and Remi ! :)

Thank you....Olivia is our very sweet great granddaughter. Her mom got that hat at her baby shower.

So if I understand well, you are a great grandmother long hair ?? Oh, this is so cool, vpatt !! :D :cool: :cool: :cool: